Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking after Ingham 18:55 - Aug 18 with 8523 viewsMyke

No point in saying anything more about the game. But I will say this, it's very important that Ingham is looked after, after this result and we the fans - not such much on the pitch , but especially on Social Media - must play a big part in it. He is a young man, just making his way in the game and something like this could break him.
I remember years and years ago we beat Burnley 7-1. They had a young man called Billy O Rourke (I think) who was making his debut and he was distraught afterwards. I wouldn't have much knowledge about Burnley back then, but I don't think he made much of a career out of it. I discovered to my shock a couple of years ago on one of Clive's 'games in History' pieces that he died a young man.
Not suggesting there was a connection between the thrashing and his death, but am categorically saying that Ingham must be protected over the next days and weeks and given a chance to get over this huge set-back right at the start of his career. We must resist the temptation to vent our frustration at him (and indeed Kakay too) over the result. Some of the things said to Karius after the Champions League final were absolutely disgusting and we must ensure we don't go down that road. He and the whole team need our support more than ever.
Looking after Ingham on 20:46 - Aug 18 with 2036 viewsRangersw12

Looking after Ingham on 20:27 - Aug 18 by Jigsore

don't worry mate, Chelsea won today. lots of players who are good enough for you there.

Awwww you telling me to go support Chelsea now because you didn't like what I said......

why don't you have a nice lie down fella you seem a bit grizzly , tired maybe ? hungry?
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 20:47]
Looking after Ingham on 20:52 - Aug 18 with 2005 viewsJigsore

Looking after Ingham on 20:46 - Aug 18 by Rangersw12

Awwww you telling me to go support Chelsea now because you didn't like what I said......

why don't you have a nice lie down fella you seem a bit grizzly , tired maybe ? hungry?
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 20:47]

started early?

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Looking after Ingham on 21:11 - Aug 18 with 1958 viewsRangersw12

Looking after Ingham on 20:52 - Aug 18 by Jigsore

started early?

Assuming your now insinuating I've been drinking !?
Looking after Ingham on 21:38 - Aug 18 with 1891 viewsJigsore

Looking after Ingham on 21:11 - Aug 18 by Rangersw12

Assuming your now insinuating I've been drinking !?

i'd hope so

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Looking after Ingham on 21:48 - Aug 18 with 1841 viewsBluce_Ree

Looking after Ingham on 19:08 - Aug 18 by TGRRRSSS

Clearly we don't have the defenders to "play out from the back" as is vogue at the moment.

yeah but we've not got the midfield and forwards to lump it up as is vogue at QPR all the time.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Looking after Ingham on 22:01 - Aug 18 with 1814 viewsRangersw12

Looking after Ingham on 21:38 - Aug 18 by Jigsore

i'd hope so

Haven't touched a drop fella

Have you finished now or are you going to keep trolling
Looking after Ingham on 00:07 - Aug 19 with 1697 viewsA40Bosh

So all of a sudden the reality has hit.
Loads on here saying that we had 3 great keepers not one and we could afford to let Smithies go.
3 games in and Ingram is being treated like a joke and everyone wants Purdey between the sticks come Tuesday night.

And then 3 games later when people are asking for a loan recall for our 3rd great keeper the penny might drop.

Welcome to Planet FFP.

It's gonna hurt long and hard so get used to it.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Looking after Ingham on 00:20 - Aug 19 with 1677 viewswombat

Looking after Ingham on 19:42 - Aug 18 by smegma

Roberts never conceded SEVEN to my knowledge. Nicky Johns- esque perhaps as I believe he was the last QPR keeper to concede 7 times over 31 years ago at Hillsborough.

Think you will find that was the one and only Paul Barron at Sheff weds

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Login to get fewer ads

Looking after Ingham on 01:05 - Aug 19 with 1625 viewstimcocking

Looking after Ingham on 19:08 - Aug 18 by TGRRRSSS

Clearly we don't have the defenders to "play out from the back" as is vogue at the moment.

Any manager who thinks you should be playing out from the back with a team of people who aren't too good is an idiot.

But yeah, we're in the deepest of sh!t it would appear, so we might as well support the team it's our only hope.

[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 3:27]
Looking after Ingham on 08:48 - Aug 19 with 1464 viewsLoftgirl

Could start by spelling his name correctly.
Looking after Ingham on 08:58 - Aug 19 with 1441 viewspaulparker

Looking after Ingham on 08:48 - Aug 19 by Loftgirl

Could start by spelling his name correctly.

Loftinoz has had a sex change !!!

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Looking after Ingham on 09:20 - Aug 19 with 1391 viewsisawqpratwcity

Looking after Ingham on 08:58 - Aug 19 by paulparker

Loftinoz has had a sex change !!!

Is that news? I remember you calling him a c*** in the Ray Wilkins thread. Did you even get a warning for that?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Looking after Ingham on 09:25 - Aug 19 with 1369 viewspaulparker

Looking after Ingham on 09:20 - Aug 19 by isawqpratwcity

Is that news? I remember you calling him a c*** in the Ray Wilkins thread. Did you even get a warning for that?

No because they recognise that he is one like you

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Looking after Ingham on 09:39 - Aug 19 with 1331 viewsdistortR

Looking after Ingham on 09:25 - Aug 19 by paulparker

No because they recognise that he is one like you

the football is bad enough without the difference in opinions leading to in-fighting and becoming personal. Can we all leave it at that?
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 9:41]
Looking after Ingham on 09:45 - Aug 19 with 1321 viewsDejR_vu

Looking after Ingham on 09:39 - Aug 19 by distortR

the football is bad enough without the difference in opinions leading to in-fighting and becoming personal. Can we all leave it at that?
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 9:41]

This. There's more than enough sh1t going on at the club without throwing it at each other

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Looking after Ingham on 09:46 - Aug 19 with 1315 viewsdaveB

He's been hung out to dry by the manager, he can't play out from the back, neither can our defenders and he's left exposed. 4 goals yesterday down to us losing the ball in our own half. Poor sod will take the blame for it but all on the manager imo
Looking after Ingham on 10:22 - Aug 19 with 1255 viewsJuzzie

Saw the highlights this morning and only #5 seemed to me to be his fault as he conceded the penalty.

Goals aren’t always the goalies fault, needs a good defence in front.
Looking after Ingham on 10:25 - Aug 19 with 1236 viewsCheshireR

Looking after Ingham on 00:20 - Aug 19 by wombat

Think you will find that was the one and only Paul Barron at Sheff weds

It was.
I don't think he ever played for us again.
Looking after Ingham on 10:30 - Aug 19 with 1215 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Looking after Ingham on 20:27 - Aug 18 by loftus77

I remember years and years ago we beat Burnley 7-1. They had a young man called Billy O Rourke (I think) who was making his debut and he was distraught afterwards.

...I don't recall Burnley scoring...I do remember Billy O'Rourke well - I think all our players went to comfort him afterwards.

Strangely cathartic watching this. The last goal and ending are comedy gold.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Looking after Ingham on 10:43 - Aug 19 with 1176 viewsTGRRRSSS

Certainly seems his career didnt really do what it might once have promised. died in 2002 aged 41.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_O%27Rourke
Looking after Ingham on 11:47 - Aug 19 with 1089 viewswortonranger

Within this thread lies a sad reflection of the football supporters mentality. If you pile on the cruel jibes, even if some may be “clever” or amusing, how on Earth can it help OUR players to get any better? At the moment there’s a desperate need to get behind the team - all of them - on Tuesday. Until something major changes, our team is what it is for better or for worse. Why not save your witty jibes for the opposition, or maybe the ref, like in the pre message board days, if that’s what makes you happy.
Looking after Ingham on 12:02 - Aug 19 with 1079 views2Thomas2Bowles

Looking after Ingham on 18:57 - Aug 18 by rsonist

If he worked on his kicking more instead of drafting epic message board posts...

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Looking after Ingham on 12:08 - Aug 19 with 1070 viewsRangersw12

Looking after Ingham on 11:47 - Aug 19 by wortonranger

Within this thread lies a sad reflection of the football supporters mentality. If you pile on the cruel jibes, even if some may be “clever” or amusing, how on Earth can it help OUR players to get any better? At the moment there’s a desperate need to get behind the team - all of them - on Tuesday. Until something major changes, our team is what it is for better or for worse. Why not save your witty jibes for the opposition, or maybe the ref, like in the pre message board days, if that’s what makes you happy.

Eh this is a messageboard nobody is saying these things directly to Ingram or are we not allowed to to criticise players now

In this thread is the sad reflection of modern day virtue signalling....
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 12:16]
Looking after Ingham on 12:12 - Aug 19 with 1060 viewsLblock

I believe the parlance with the kids these days is “snowflakes”

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Looking after Ingham on 12:14 - Aug 19 with 1058 viewsEsox_Lucius

How does criticising and belittling the players make you feel? they have no recourse to a reply; as pointed out, it doesn't help them in any way shape or form. If it isn't something you would say to their face, which you can before games if you feel the need, then it has no place on the messageboard... and before you call me out, I did say something to both Barton & 'arry before games to let them know exactly how I felt about them being at QPR. All the other players I was either meh about or liked them just because they were QPR players.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024