Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freeman 11:54 - Aug 19 with 4294 views1JD

Unsurprised he has not been mentioned since he is well loved on here. But a close second behind Ingram for worst player on the pitch.

A truly shocking, selfish performance. Talk about giving away possession - these two guys killed us. I lost count the amount of times Freeman the show pony ran into nowhere and got dispossessed when a simple pass was on to left or right.

McLaren have a word he is getting worse not better. PASS THE FFFING BALL. I’ve got no time for selfish players especially ones that don’t want to learn. The interest has gone to his head and now he wants to hog it even more at the unfortunate expense of the rest of the TEAM.
Freeman on 11:56 - Aug 19 with 4271 viewsRangersw12

He isn't effective out wide which is a massive reason why Bristol City got rid of him
Freeman on 12:15 - Aug 19 with 4189 views1JD

Freeman on 11:56 - Aug 19 by Rangersw12

He isn't effective out wide which is a massive reason why Bristol City got rid of him

Not buying that there is no excuse for not passing the ball. Plus he was very central yesterday.
Freeman on 12:31 - Aug 19 with 4133 viewsdaveB

i thought he did ok yesterday, much like Eze he starts a different position every match (left wing yesterday) and gets moved within 20 mins

i thought cousins, bidwell, lynch, bfg were all far worse than him yesterday.
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:40 - Aug 19 with 4092 views1JD

Freeman on 12:31 - Aug 19 by daveB

i thought he did ok yesterday, much like Eze he starts a different position every match (left wing yesterday) and gets moved within 20 mins

i thought cousins, bidwell, lynch, bfg were all far worse than him yesterday.

Dave, I get that you rate Freeman but take off the blinkers - he was woeful yesterday, would love to see his passing completion stats. He is painfully slow both in defence and attack.

Eze was wide right and Cousins wide left, they swapped at about 30 mins as there was an overload on Kakay and Eze.

Freeman was part of an awful three man midfield yesterday- the very midfield that is championed on here as being a well balanced triumvirate.

Neither of Scowen Loungo or Freeman have any pace, and none, none of them, can pass, move and control a game. This is not a well balanced midfield and something needs to change.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 12:42]
Freeman on 13:20 - Aug 19 with 3973 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

I started supporting QPR when Rodney Marsh was reaching his peak. I love players that hold the ball, turn and dribble. For me that is QPR - Marsh, Bowles, Wegerle, Cook, Taarabt etc. Freeman is a QPR type though not as gifted as those above. I don't want him passing the ball unless who he passes to will attack and make chances. It may be that when we are under the most pressure Freeman takes responsibility for the ball more than usual and gets caught with it more than usual.

You call them selfish players. I call them flair players that take responsibility for the ball. Match winners through goals and assists, and to me entertainers.

WBA are to all intents and purposes a PL team who will be on their way back to the PL soon enough. The TV highlights show they were in a different league from us in pace and power. They preyed on our defensive weaknesses.
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:22 - Aug 19 with 3958 viewsdaveB

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:40 - Aug 19 by 1JD

Dave, I get that you rate Freeman but take off the blinkers - he was woeful yesterday, would love to see his passing completion stats. He is painfully slow both in defence and attack.

Eze was wide right and Cousins wide left, they swapped at about 30 mins as there was an overload on Kakay and Eze.

Freeman was part of an awful three man midfield yesterday- the very midfield that is championed on here as being a well balanced triumvirate.

Neither of Scowen Loungo or Freeman have any pace, and none, none of them, can pass, move and control a game. This is not a well balanced midfield and something needs to change.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 12:42]

I thought Cousins started in the middle then moved to the left wing after about 10 minutes before moving to the right later in the half.

They are a balanced midfield when played together with support behind them and 2 up front to work with. What worked well for them was having Washington and Mackie closing down last season and they were able to do the second press get on the ball in the oppositions half and play from there. This season we want to play our football in our own half which they are not good at so they all look shit
Freeman on 13:38 - Aug 19 with 3899 viewsWadR

Freeman is definitely sometimes guilty of over-playing and not passing enough. But in the case of yesterday's game, I thought that was more due to the lack of options when he had the ball (think, bar Eze, everyone else was guilty of hiding from the ball).

He completed 82% of 34 passes*, which is fine at Championship level. Our goal came from another excellent set piece delivery. He was also visibly angry when the second goal went in - he certainly seemed like the only one busting a gut in the last 15 when everyone else had thrown the towel in. At complete odds to the half-arsed defending from some of his teammates.

He's selfish, a little one paced and one footed. But he's consistently been our best player in the last 18 months, and I find him an odd one to dig out when considering either just yesterday's game in a vacuum (Ingram, Cousins, Scowen, Leistner, Lynch were all awful), or this single performance in the context of an unsettling last month and a season and a half of excellent performances.

Edit - Stats from here. Including the laughable stat that Washington didn't touch the ball whilst onside in the 35 mins he was on.... https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1288713/LiveStatistics/England-Championship-20
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 13:39]
Freeman on 14:14 - Aug 19 with 3808 viewsBushRanger82

Don't think he did enough step overs yesterday.
Counted only 99,999. One short of perfect.

No wonder it was only the likes of Blackburn Rovers and Middlesbrough after him in the summer.

Overrated sums him up to a T.
Login to get fewer ads

Freeman on 14:31 - Aug 19 with 3763 viewsLongsufferingR

Freeman? Seriously? Not sure if you lot were at the match, but if I had to rank the players, he would only be 10th or 11th on the list of those responsible for that shower of shyt.

Struggling to understand why Ingram is copping it for yesterday either. Buffon would probably only have kept them down to 6 behind the Keystone Cops in our back 4.
Freeman on 14:50 - Aug 19 with 3690 viewsWestbourneR

Been saying for a looooooooong time that we need midfielder who can look after ball and control possession.

For me Luongo looks the biggest worry vs last year

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Freeman on 15:21 - Aug 19 with 3586 views1JD

Freeman on 13:38 - Aug 19 by WadR

Freeman is definitely sometimes guilty of over-playing and not passing enough. But in the case of yesterday's game, I thought that was more due to the lack of options when he had the ball (think, bar Eze, everyone else was guilty of hiding from the ball).

He completed 82% of 34 passes*, which is fine at Championship level. Our goal came from another excellent set piece delivery. He was also visibly angry when the second goal went in - he certainly seemed like the only one busting a gut in the last 15 when everyone else had thrown the towel in. At complete odds to the half-arsed defending from some of his teammates.

He's selfish, a little one paced and one footed. But he's consistently been our best player in the last 18 months, and I find him an odd one to dig out when considering either just yesterday's game in a vacuum (Ingram, Cousins, Scowen, Leistner, Lynch were all awful), or this single performance in the context of an unsettling last month and a season and a half of excellent performances.

Edit - Stats from here. Including the laughable stat that Washington didn't touch the ball whilst onside in the 35 mins he was on.... https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1288713/LiveStatistics/England-Championship-20
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 13:39]

He is at fault for the last goal let’s his man run off him like a snail.
He gave the ball away on every attack we had when others were better placed. And placed us under huge defensive pressure needlessly and carelessly.
He only can bring assists with dead ball delivery or the odd cross to Smith, but never passes and actually creates from open play which surely is the whole point of a so called number 10.
He doesn’t score nearly enough for a so-called 10.
He has to do all the step overs because he can never accelerate past a man and gets caught up too easy so has to check back, step over, shimmy, etc, all the while, a team mate who has overlapped is screaming for the ball that never comes.
He’s got ability no doubt but he is increasingly infuriating and going by the stands yesterday - I am far from the only one. He is never in a million years a Mclaren type because he simply can’t or won’t pass the ball
His form has dipped since 20 games ago way back into last season. Smithies, Loungo, Robinson all far better seasons than him last year.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 15:23]
Freeman on 16:17 - Aug 19 with 3463 viewsWadR

Freeman on 15:21 - Aug 19 by 1JD

He is at fault for the last goal let’s his man run off him like a snail.
He gave the ball away on every attack we had when others were better placed. And placed us under huge defensive pressure needlessly and carelessly.
He only can bring assists with dead ball delivery or the odd cross to Smith, but never passes and actually creates from open play which surely is the whole point of a so called number 10.
He doesn’t score nearly enough for a so-called 10.
He has to do all the step overs because he can never accelerate past a man and gets caught up too easy so has to check back, step over, shimmy, etc, all the while, a team mate who has overlapped is screaming for the ball that never comes.
He’s got ability no doubt but he is increasingly infuriating and going by the stands yesterday - I am far from the only one. He is never in a million years a Mclaren type because he simply can’t or won’t pass the ball
His form has dipped since 20 games ago way back into last season. Smithies, Loungo, Robinson all far better seasons than him last year.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 15:23]

Fair enough re: last goal (they've somewhat merged in my memory).

But a lot of what you're saying is hyperbole. Using Clive's End of Term Report, Freeman got 5 goals and 18 assists last season. I think 5 is a decent enough return for goals. Think only Barry Douglas and Snodgrass got more assists last year - both in much better sides. From my, admittedly imperfect, memory, only 6 of those 18 assists were from set pieces. He's an excellent crosser in open play, has superb balance and I think is pretty obviously our biggest creative threat in open play.

This twitter account has access to a lot of good analytics and metrics (recommend giving it a follow), and I think these figures show that he's not just a set piece merchant/reliant on Matt Smith.

Yes he certainly takes too long on the ball frequently. But I think the highlights from the game at the end of last season v Birmingham is a good example of his level of performance. Pre-assist for the first half, making half a yard in the box and putting in an excellent ball, beating his man with strength and skill for the second before crossing intelligently. There's also a brilliant corner in there and a badly dragged shot when he should've passed. Apt microcosm of his QPR career

Freeman on 17:17 - Aug 19 with 3347 views1JD

Freeman on 16:17 - Aug 19 by WadR

Fair enough re: last goal (they've somewhat merged in my memory).

But a lot of what you're saying is hyperbole. Using Clive's End of Term Report, Freeman got 5 goals and 18 assists last season. I think 5 is a decent enough return for goals. Think only Barry Douglas and Snodgrass got more assists last year - both in much better sides. From my, admittedly imperfect, memory, only 6 of those 18 assists were from set pieces. He's an excellent crosser in open play, has superb balance and I think is pretty obviously our biggest creative threat in open play.

This twitter account has access to a lot of good analytics and metrics (recommend giving it a follow), and I think these figures show that he's not just a set piece merchant/reliant on Matt Smith.

Yes he certainly takes too long on the ball frequently. But I think the highlights from the game at the end of last season v Birmingham is a good example of his level of performance. Pre-assist for the first half, making half a yard in the box and putting in an excellent ball, beating his man with strength and skill for the second before crossing intelligently. There's also a brilliant corner in there and a badly dragged shot when he should've passed. Apt microcosm of his QPR career

He got 13 assists all of which bar 2, were set pieces or crosses. He can only play a certain way - I can see exactly why Tony Pulis wanted him - for his set pieces and good wide delivery.

I just expect much more from a 10 type, including a basic ability to link play in the final third, which he simply rejects due to his unwillingness to pass, and a regularity in scoring.

However you want to dress it up 5 goals is a poor return for a number 10. No hyperbole just stating the obvious.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 18:02]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024