Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. 10:22 - Sep 30 with 7235 viewsEsox_Lucius

Following on from other threads themed on musical purchases. I suppose it is only fair that I go first but in my defence, I STILL like John Wayne Is Big Leggy, it just has an infectious beat. :-)

The grass is always greener.

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 22:14 - Oct 2 with 964 viewsqpr1976

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 17:15 - Sep 30 by Monahoop

Fore by Huey Lewis and the News. I don't know why even to this day why I went and bought this album. I definitely wasn't thinking straight that was for sure. I knew I was going to hate it and sure, I hated it as soon as the first notes were emitted from the turntable. Complete and utter over produced, saccharine, 80's tripe and one of the many reasons why I detest nearly all 80's music. I think I played it just the once and that was enough. I gave it away to someone I knew who liked that kind of dribble.

Loves his Golf, thus the title.....!
Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 22:17 - Oct 2 with 952 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 12:51 - Sep 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Complete and utter dross. Elevator dross. No excuses.

Ditto. My home was once burgled and this was the only CD the thief left behind.
Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 06:32 - Oct 3 with 897 viewsdistortR

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 22:17 - Oct 2 by Benny_the_Ball

that's cos Brian already had a copy. He's a fagin-like figure in the criminal underworld, sending out teams of young robbers to burgle for him.

He even heads a franchise now, 'Brian's Burgling".

No wonder he can afford Zen mountain.
Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 07:40 - Oct 3 with 891 viewsTonto

An anecdote to link 2 of the above: some burglars broke into a friends flat, they took all the CDs EXCEPT Ace of Base which they left!

There were some reallynshocking albums in the 80s. Jellybean was pretty awful.. a one hit wonder which has long been forgotten

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 08:08 - Oct 3 with 881 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 17:15 - Sep 30 by Monahoop

Fore by Huey Lewis and the News. I don't know why even to this day why I went and bought this album. I definitely wasn't thinking straight that was for sure. I knew I was going to hate it and sure, I hated it as soon as the first notes were emitted from the turntable. Complete and utter over produced, saccharine, 80's tripe and one of the many reasons why I detest nearly all 80's music. I think I played it just the once and that was enough. I gave it away to someone I knew who liked that kind of dribble.

Wow, I don't even think of Huey Lewis when I think of 80's music. Sure there was some bad stuff but as far as pop music was concerned it was possibly the best ever era and tons of other great non-commercial stuff in that era too.
Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 08:11 - Oct 3 with 876 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 22:17 - Oct 2 by Benny_the_Ball

You have reminded of the time my girlfriends car was burgled once. They stole all her Cassettes (yes it was a while ago!) apart from a Wet, Wet Wet one. She didn't appreciate it when I said police will be looking for someone with taste.
Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 09:31 - Oct 3 with 855 viewsahoz

Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 22:12 - Oct 2 by qpr1976

Quite liked it at the time. Rat Traps a cracker, She’s So Modern is good and I like Living oOn An Island....Definitely more of a singles band though.....

Man Utd Supporters Songs - The Dance Album, anybody?
Anyway, being a 60s man, most of the above is not known to me but have to agree the 80s was not much of an era for music. Not ashamed of any of my 60s albums, but a couple of singles I bought - Somefing In The Air (Thunderclap Newman) and Let The Sunshine In (5th Dimension), what was I thinking? Loved Jimi but some of his pre and post Experience stuff was pretty ordinary - had an album he did with Curtis Knight and that was ditched long ago.
Album you are most ashamed to admit you bought. on 09:53 - Oct 3 with 837 viewsrobith

When I was 15, I spent a week working with me dad in the summer (he's a painter and decorator). I suspect I was more of a hindrance than a help and probably cost his earnings in the extra breakfast he needed to buy each day. But at the end of that hard week for a bookworm like me, he gave me £20. £20! I'd never seen the like of it before, not in one go anyway.

And I went out to MVC in Uxbridge and spend most of it (minus my £1 discount for being a card holder, halcyon days) on Synkronized by Jamirouai.

I think I listened to it twice. Absolute garbage. I should've just bought the Deeper Underground single as that was all I wanted to hear
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024