Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To a man 22:50 - Oct 26 with 6957 viewsbob566

Brilliant. Cant fault any of them. On the villa side grealish won me over tonight. Tidy player. Got kicked a good few times. Got up quickly without moaning. Respect. Gone up in my books
To a man on 11:31 - Oct 27 with 999 viewsozexile

To a man on 11:04 - Oct 27 by oldmisery

The Grealish performance last night was almost a carbon copy of Bannan's (ex Villa of course) on Tuesday. They are both very tidy, technically excellent and demanded a lot of the ball; it would be very interesting to know how many touches each player had - a hell of a lot more than any of our players that's for sure.

But what effect did they have on the game? Virtually none. Proving yet again that possession without any penetration is a complete waste of time.

I agree with this. For all his tidy play he was very predictable in where he received the ball. He needs to pop up in different areas so our midfield woukd be more stretched IMO.
To a man on 17:03 - Oct 27 with 871 viewsthemodfather

qpr gave everything to a man, defended well, passed well, goalie made good saves and they all worked hard....and great to see them taking more time to clap the fans.
well done steve and amit and co for quick action in the loan market. amazing turnaround.
To a man on 17:49 - Oct 27 with 830 viewspaulparker

Totally agree on Grealish I’m a big fan I said he should have gone to the World Cup in the summer he is great at running at players and sliding in a ball to the forward , he reminds me a lot of Paul Merson when he was at Arsenal
He must be fuming that mason mount got in the last squad but he didn’t, saying that he has been out of form for most of this season but I hope Southgate puts him in soon
Again kudos to Mckaren for letting him and bannon have most of the ball the last couple of games
But only in the opposition half and not in dangerous positions , Villa looked lost and would never have broken us down if they were still playing now

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

To a man on 20:13 - Oct 27 with 766 viewsjonno

To a man on 08:40 - Oct 27 by Hunterhoop

Excellent WUM from that fun. You can see how much we riled them.

I thought Kodija was poor. Offside countless times, didn’t get on the end of anything and hardly ever got around the back of the defence.

Tammy “touch me and i’ll fall down” Abraham was worse. Looked like he wanted a lie down.

Grealish impressed. Looked a cut above. Very good feet, great balance, good passer. To me, he was the best player on the pitch. We chose to limit his options for passes rather than close him down, probably rightly. Without him though, Villa would be in some trouble. Otherwise, only McGinn looked like he had some class about him.

Agree about Grealish - obviously a quality player and their best player on the night. No idea what the rolled down socks thing is all about? McGinn was their next best player. But the impressive thing was how we allowed Grealish the ball only in non dangerous areas which meant they rarely created a decent chance on goal. A superb team display from us with top performances from a number of players. Interestingly we achieved that with Eze not being at his best IMHO. He's still very young and will inevitably not always be brilliant - good to know that we can still play well as a team even if he is not at the top of of his game. He's still learning the game at this level and will improve with more games. Interesting also to note that while Grealish is the most fouled player in the division, Eze is already the second most fouled player.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 20:25]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024