Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All Stoked Up Thread 18:54 - Nov 23 with 25447 viewsBoston

....early, but I feel we’re going to be up for this one. Pottery Barn 1 Springbok(I’m changing the name back) 2.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2018 18:55]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

All Stoked Up Thread on 19:28 - Nov 24 with 1934 viewsVancouverHoop

All Stoked Up Thread on 17:52 - Nov 24 by colinallcars

I agree. If we accept our own team wasting time, it is hypocrasy to moan when other teams do it. It's ruining football and has to stop.

I watch two or three Bundesliga matches every week and, for some reason, it doesn't seem to happen anything like as much. I dunno why, perhaps the officials won't stand for it, though there are generally fewer cards handed out there too.
All Stoked Up Thread on 19:40 - Nov 24 with 1872 viewscolinallcars

All Stoked Up Thread on 19:28 - Nov 24 by VancouverHoop

I watch two or three Bundesliga matches every week and, for some reason, it doesn't seem to happen anything like as much. I dunno why, perhaps the officials won't stand for it, though there are generally fewer cards handed out there too.

It's completely out of hand in our division now. Goalies of course are the worst offenders but anyone taking a free kick seems to deliberately place the ball yards ahead of the correct position, then pretend not to understand when the ref tells them to re place the ball. Then they'll clean the ball with their shirt, spin it around a few times before putting down. This is followed by much signalling to team mates about the intended direction of the kick. Then of course, the worst - the injury feigning. This is robbing the public who pay a fortune in ticket prices and fares/petrol to get to the games. Noone should defend it even if it's our team doing it.
All Stoked Up Thread on 20:09 - Nov 24 with 1749 viewsHoopsie

The ref could simply add time on, there's no need another rule to stop time wasting.
Or you have the stop clock, and injury time will be played out half an hour?
What if in all our good intentions to play the ball, the opponents robbed us and nick one in the last second? We will bemoan our team lack of time wasting "professionalism", no?

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

All Stoked Up Thread on 20:43 - Nov 24 with 1653 viewsconnell10

All Stoked Up Thread on 20:09 - Nov 24 by Hoopsie

The ref could simply add time on, there's no need another rule to stop time wasting.
What if in all our good intentions to play the ball, the opponents robbed us and nick one in the last second? We will bemoan our team lack of time wasting "professionalism", no?

Wells walking off has gotta be up there with the slowest walk since john christe walked to the gallows! Seemed to take around 5 minutes!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

All Stoked Up Thread on 21:06 - Nov 24 with 1589 viewscolinallcars

All Stoked Up Thread on 20:09 - Nov 24 by Hoopsie

Simply adding on time isn't sufficient punishment. Time wasting breaks up the game when it should be in full flow. Adding a few minutes at the fag-end of the game when it's all hands to the pump and the losing team is desperately lumping the ball forward in search of an equaliser or winner isn't good enough. Refs need to nip this terrible practice in the bud and start carding then sending off players that take the pi$$.
All Stoked Up Thread on 23:21 - Nov 24 with 1424 viewsnix

All Stoked Up Thread on 21:06 - Nov 24 by colinallcars

Simply adding on time isn't sufficient punishment. Time wasting breaks up the game when it should be in full flow. Adding a few minutes at the fag-end of the game when it's all hands to the pump and the losing team is desperately lumping the ball forward in search of an equaliser or winner isn't good enough. Refs need to nip this terrible practice in the bud and start carding then sending off players that take the pi$$.

This!

But I don't think we should unilaterally take a stand. It has to be the officials, not individual teams because otherwise only they lose out. The teams they play against will be timewasting in any case when they go ahead.
All Stoked Up Thread on 00:30 - Nov 25 with 1336 viewsNortholt_Rs

All Stoked Up Thread on 17:09 - Nov 24 by Toast_R

Balls to that. How many times have you seen QPR concede in the last minute because they were being f*cking stupid?

Lots and lots and lots. The Di Canio era was a bastard for it.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2018 17:10]

This.... great point and great day out for the 1600 Rs who made the trip. QPR FC from White City! Well done Shteeve and the boys. COYRs!!!!
[Post edited 25 Nov 2018 0:31]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

All Stoked Up Thread on 00:30 - Nov 25 with 1335 viewsDavieQPR

Needs to be a combination of earlier cards plus the fourth official with a stopwatch.
Login to get fewer ads

All Stoked Up Thread on 00:46 - Nov 25 with 1315 viewsDavieQPR

All Stoked Up Thread on 16:01 - Nov 24 by R_from_afar

We've done all the shops here now but could take the Jurassic 5 out of our hotel room's DVD player and watch a film, while nervously following the football on here. Either that or the Mrs and I could take it in turns to read to each other from the copy of Kerry Katona's autobiography which was thoughtfully included with the room's other facilities.

RFA

Kerry Katona's autobiography. Don't tell me they have run out of toilet paper again.
All Stoked Up Thread on 22:05 - Nov 26 with 1023 viewsHoopsie

All Stoked Up Thread on 21:06 - Nov 24 by colinallcars

biggest time wasters are goal celebrations, that should be eradicated! Even to yellow card a player for time wasting is wasting time in itself

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

All Stoked Up Thread on 13:36 - Nov 27 with 929 viewsR_from_afar

All Stoked Up Thread on 00:46 - Nov 25 by DavieQPR

Kerry Katona's autobiography. Don't tell me they have run out of toilet paper again.

My wife's main hobby is reading and even she didn't touch that book! I dare say the hotel's management thought it was safe to leave it in the room because no one would nick it!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024