Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London Broncos 08:49 - Feb 2 with 20021 viewsDixie_CT

I know a few on here (Clive, Mr Sheen) like Rugby League and it’s back!

I watched London Broncos in their play offs last season and decided to get a season ticket. Most games are Thursday evening or Sunday afternoon. Cost us £130 and junior £20 which I thought was reasonable for a few days out in Ealing.

Hoping London can stay up but it’s going to be tough.
London Broncos on 07:51 - Feb 5 with 2221 viewsDixie_CT

Great afternoon out and the Wakefield fans were brilliantly Yorkshireish. If the stereotype police were around then E by Gum! They dont like Cas or Leeds!!

Comments like ‘losing to soft southern puddings’ and ‘worse Wakefield defeat ever’ took away from some wonderful ball in hand rugby by London. The majority of play in the Trinty half looked threatening by the Broncos. Quick, safe and expansive passing saw the home team scoring at will and they showed great character after a poor start.

Will be tougher tests this season but a fantastic start in the race for 11th place.
London Broncos on 08:51 - Feb 5 with 2197 viewsHunterhoop

One of the lads from my cricket club plays for Broncos. Well, his dad plays mainly, and the lad was in the Academy, but I think he has played first team a few teams. Think they’re desperately trying to bulk him up and he’s put off Uni for a couple of years to see if he can make it. James Meadows. Any view, Dixie? I’ll preface this by saying he is genuinely a lovely lad. Very polite. Very humble.
London Broncos on 10:26 - Feb 5 with 2166 viewsnadera78

London Broncos on 08:51 - Feb 5 by Hunterhoop

One of the lads from my cricket club plays for Broncos. Well, his dad plays mainly, and the lad was in the Academy, but I think he has played first team a few teams. Think they’re desperately trying to bulk him up and he’s put off Uni for a couple of years to see if he can make it. James Meadows. Any view, Dixie? I’ll preface this by saying he is genuinely a lovely lad. Very polite. Very humble.

Meadows played a few games last season in the Championship before picking up an injury. Seemed a very confident lad, for an 18 year old playing at that level. He's got a tough job at hand, playing in the halves is a hell of a job especially for a youngster. Wouldn't expect to see much, or anything, of him this season for the Broncos. Super League is very tough, physically and skill-wise. Likely to spend the majority of the season out on loan to a lower league club with an eye to future development.

The Broncos do a good job of bringing through young local players these days. The senior squad has 11 out of 28, and there's another dozen or so scattered across the northern clubs.
London Broncos on 12:02 - Feb 5 with 2143 viewsMrSheen

London Broncos on 08:51 - Feb 5 by Hunterhoop

My kids know him! He was at school with my daughter’s boyfriend. Lovely lad apparently, in pain a lot.
London Broncos on 21:36 - Mar 15 with 2034 viewsMrSheen

Wow, last minute win at Leeds. Not the achievement it would have been a few years back, but beating them, Wigan and Wakey in the first few weeks is terrific.
London Broncos on 22:37 - Mar 15 with 1997 viewsNorthernr

Absolutely incredible stuff. We're down there on Sunday, looking forward to the day but worried about the game!
London Broncos on 09:38 - Mar 16 with 1926 viewsterryb

London Broncos on 22:37 - Mar 15 by Northernr

Absolutely incredible stuff. We're down there on Sunday, looking forward to the day but worried about the game!

Were you at Hull last night Clive?

Typical Wakefield. Fail to score a try against KR & then score over 30 at Hull!

For some very strange reason I have been envisaging you watching two Hull home defeats this weekend.

Well done London. Let's all work together to relegate either Leeds or Wigan!
London Broncos on 09:40 - Mar 16 with 1922 viewsloftboy

Must be great if you live in Huddersfield and follow the Rugby and Football teams!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

London Broncos on 10:06 - Mar 16 with 1912 viewsNorthernr

London Broncos on 09:38 - Mar 16 by terryb

Were you at Hull last night Clive?

Typical Wakefield. Fail to score a try against KR & then score over 30 at Hull!

For some very strange reason I have been envisaging you watching two Hull home defeats this weekend.

Well done London. Let's all work together to relegate either Leeds or Wigan!

yeh few of us went last night, Wakefield were very good, big team that we couldn't handle.
London Broncos on 19:40 - Mar 16 with 1851 viewsDixie_CT

London Broncos on 10:06 - Mar 16 by Northernr

yeh few of us went last night, Wakefield were very good, big team that we couldn't handle.

BIG DAVE of Wakefield!!

Trinity’s form since makes the Broncos win on the opening day against them look even better now.

Believing that London could stay up and a win against Hull and/or Huddersfield would really be another shot in the arm!! Sad thing is I doubt we will keep our most important asset, Danny Ward.
London Broncos on 13:35 - Mar 18 with 1789 viewsMiss_Terraces

Advice needed, planning on a trip to watch the rugby.
Wishlist
Up north
Old ground with terraces
Good pubs
Good atmosphere
Not one of the bigger clubs
Any recommendations?
Cheers

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

London Broncos on 14:01 - Mar 18 with 1771 viewsNorthernr

The two remaining old-style terrace grounds in Super League are Wakefield and Castleford. Castleford's ground is better though pubs probably better at Wakey.
London Broncos on 14:28 - Mar 18 with 1746 viewsMiss_Terraces

London Broncos on 14:01 - Mar 18 by Northernr

The two remaining old-style terrace grounds in Super League are Wakefield and Castleford. Castleford's ground is better though pubs probably better at Wakey.

Cheers
I'm favouring Castleford, how easy would it be to get tickets in the away end?

London Broncos on 15:17 - Mar 18 with 1715 viewsNorthernr

London Broncos on 14:28 - Mar 18 by Miss_Terraces

Cheers
I'm favouring Castleford, how easy would it be to get tickets in the away end?

It's unsegregated, you just buy a terrace ticket and stand where you like, can move around all four sides of the ground as you please. Everybody just stands together, never any bother. Same at Wakefield.
London Broncos on 15:22 - Mar 18 with 1706 viewsMiss_Terraces

London Broncos on 15:17 - Mar 18 by Northernr

It's unsegregated, you just buy a terrace ticket and stand where you like, can move around all four sides of the ground as you please. Everybody just stands together, never any bother. Same at Wakefield.

Cheers, looking forward to this

London Broncos on 15:54 - Mar 18 with 1686 viewsMrSheen

London Broncos on 15:22 - Mar 18 by Miss_Terraces

Cheers, looking forward to this

Some Cas games will have more atmosphere than others. London will have only a few fans, Catalans none. Huddersfield might also be a bit flat. Leeds or Wakey will be a bit spicy!
Easter is a great time to watch League. You get the derbies on Good Friday and you might be able to get a Thursday night game as well.

Cas mostly play Sunday afternoon when they aren’t on telly. Friday nights at Warrington are great fun, three sides standing and plenty of choice language. Pretty easy to get into Manchester after the game - can’t tell you anything about Warrington nightlife!
London Broncos on 19:27 - Mar 21 with 1551 viewsterryb

This is nothing to do with London Broncos, but I'm thrilled by the RL news today!

Wakefield Trinity RFL now re-own the freehold to Belle Vue. Obviously it will cost a fortune to develop the "stadium", but the days of doubt as to whether they will be allowed to continue in Super League should now be beyond them!

Shame that they will face warrington tonight without Ashurst, Topou & Johnstone.
London Broncos on 06:31 - Mar 22 with 1490 viewsDixie_CT

Great news for Wakefield, shame about last nights result although Warrington look tasty. Always liked Charlney.

A famous comeback looked on but Brough missed the kick. Is Brough liked? Thought he got booed at London by the Trinity fans but that was after a yellow.

What I do like is the Wakefield 'Sampdoria' kit
London Broncos on 09:32 - Mar 22 with 1474 viewsterryb

London Broncos on 06:31 - Mar 22 by Dixie_CT

Great news for Wakefield, shame about last nights result although Warrington look tasty. Always liked Charlney.

A famous comeback looked on but Brough missed the kick. Is Brough liked? Thought he got booed at London by the Trinity fans but that was after a yellow.

Going by the fans forum messageboard, a lot of them didn't want the club to sign Brough, but he appears to have won them over with gis performances this season.

Strangely, I don't leave Rangers before the final whistle whatever the score, but as a fairweather Trinity fan, I switched over channels last night before the come back!

I was very surprised to see there was only two points in it at the end!
London Broncos on 12:38 - Mar 22 with 1446 viewsMrSheen

London Broncos on 06:31 - Mar 22 by Dixie_CT

I saw him kick a last minute touchline conversion to beat London at Belle Vue about ten years ago. No accounting for taste.
London Broncos on 12:40 - Mar 22 with 1445 viewsNorthernr

Brough is still a good player with the boot, his problem always was and always will be his temper. If you can get him wound up (not hard) you've got him. Absolutely gutted for Tom Johnstone, twice that's happened to him now, superb player waiting to happen if his knee didn't keep exploding. He was the best player on the pitch last Friday by a mile until his knee went, Hull just couldn't put him down.

Looking forward to Sunday.
London Broncos on 17:10 - Mar 23 with 1361 viewsMrSheen

So, who’s going tomorrow?
London Broncos on 21:31 - Mar 23 with 1321 viewsNorthernr

London Broncos on 17:10 - Mar 23 by MrSheen

So, who’s going tomorrow?

Be down there with mum and step dad mate, one in the Drayton before, Ealing park tavern for Sunday lunch after. Come say hi. I’m hoping to stand down the side on that bank if the weather allows.
London Broncos on 23:00 - Mar 23 with 1299 viewsMrSheen

London Broncos on 21:31 - Mar 23 by Northernr

Be down there with mum and step dad mate, one in the Drayton before, Ealing park tavern for Sunday lunch after. Come say hi. I’m hoping to stand down the side on that bank if the weather allows.

I’m coaching in the morning so may not get to the pub, but I’ll look out for you in the ground. Anyone else?
London Broncos on 23:36 - Mar 23 with 1291 viewsnadera78

London Broncos on 23:00 - Mar 23 by MrSheen

I’m coaching in the morning so may not get to the pub, but I’ll look out for you in the ground. Anyone else?

I might be. Just heading home from Lille now, coaching in the morning, then my nephew's birthday party, and if I'm lucky then I might get down there for the second half. I'm in New York next week when we play Huddersfield so I don't want to miss two games, then again Im not sure I want to see my sister's reaction if I walk out on her kid's party, so...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024