Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London Broncos 08:49 - Feb 2 with 20023 viewsDixie_CT

I know a few on here (Clive, Mr Sheen) like Rugby League and it’s back!

I watched London Broncos in their play offs last season and decided to get a season ticket. Most games are Thursday evening or Sunday afternoon. Cost us £130 and junior £20 which I thought was reasonable for a few days out in Ealing.

Hoping London can stay up but it’s going to be tough.
London Broncos on 21:58 - Jun 27 with 2182 viewsMrSheen

London Broncos on 21:49 - Jun 27 by Dixie_CT

https://www.charactour.com/hub/characters/view/Biff-Tannen.Back-to-the-Future

Lee Redford definitely has a touch of the Biff Tannens’ about him
[Post edited 27 Jun 2019 21:51]

Danny McGuire looks like Cry Baby Jim Breaks from 1970s ITV wrestling!

Apparently Breaks is 80 and about to go on trial for murdering his girlfriend in Spain. That turned dark.
London Broncos on 22:07 - Jun 27 with 2170 viewsDixie_CT

I did a meaningless prediction of London needing to win a game a month to stay up but I’m not sure that will be enough. It’s so tight and Huddersfield and Wakey must be a bit nervous.
London Broncos on 08:38 - Jun 28 with 2104 viewsNorthernr

Yeh sorry lads, we were crap. Such a weird season, weeks and weeks of brilliance and then out of nowhere an absolute dog.
London Broncos on 10:15 - Jun 28 with 2061 viewsnadera78

London Broncos on 08:38 - Jun 28 by Northernr

Yeh sorry lads, we were crap. Such a weird season, weeks and weeks of brilliance and then out of nowhere an absolute dog.

To be honest I thought a Rovers victory was the more likely outcome - you can never trust FC's form to last. Still a disappointing result from London's perspective though.

But how are Leeds going to feel if Matt Parcell saves Rovers at their expense? Might be an interesting post-season debrief.
London Broncos on 10:24 - Jun 28 with 2057 viewsDixie_CT

After Cas away on Sunday, London have Warrington (H) Hull (A) and Saints (H)!!!! If we win any of those for I will be amazed.

August is a lot kinder and we end with Leeds at home and KR away so as long as we are in touch it's in our hands.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2019 10:28]
London Broncos on 10:24 - Jun 28 with 2057 viewsterryb

London Broncos on 10:15 - Jun 28 by nadera78

To be honest I thought a Rovers victory was the more likely outcome - you can never trust FC's form to last. Still a disappointing result from London's perspective though.

But how are Leeds going to feel if Matt Parcell saves Rovers at their expense? Might be an interesting post-season debrief.

I'm sorry to say that Leeds will survive.

My team, Trinity, will be the club leaving Super League unless Huddersfield beat us to the relegation spot!
London Broncos on 10:31 - Jun 28 with 2052 viewsNorthernr

London Broncos on 10:15 - Jun 28 by nadera78

Yeh not gonna lie, did make a small profit on that one last night. Just so typically Hull and Tony Smith is a good appointment for KR.

Leeds just seem to be on a massive self destruct mission under Sinfield. Their recruitment has been all over the show. Why on earth you'd swap Parcel for Lunt I don't know. And they're talking about making Dr Death the coach permanently now! Do think they'll turn Catalans over though.
London Broncos on 11:05 - Jun 28 with 2035 viewsnadera78

London Broncos on 10:31 - Jun 28 by Northernr

Yeh not gonna lie, did make a small profit on that one last night. Just so typically Hull and Tony Smith is a good appointment for KR.

Leeds just seem to be on a massive self destruct mission under Sinfield. Their recruitment has been all over the show. Why on earth you'd swap Parcel for Lunt I don't know. And they're talking about making Dr Death the coach permanently now! Do think they'll turn Catalans over though.

It would be funny as hell for Leeds to be relegated, for many fans at least, but Robert Elstone and the accountants around the league wouldn't be laughing. Whatever happens though that club has a huge rebuilding job to do and they don't look like they have the personnel in place capable of handling it.

I've given up betting on results this season, too many wildly inconsistent teams.
Login to get fewer ads

London Broncos on 20:27 - Jun 28 with 2008 viewsDixie_CT

This Warrington/Saints game is shaping up to be a better. Not a fan of the Saints but do love Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook.
London Broncos on 20:53 - Jun 28 with 1995 viewsMrSheen

London Broncos on 20:27 - Jun 28 by Dixie_CT

This Warrington/Saints game is shaping up to be a better. Not a fan of the Saints but do love Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook.

Brutal stuff. Warrington is a great place to watch a game.

Keep going, Trinity.
London Broncos on 21:57 - Jun 28 with 1983 viewsterryb

London Broncos on 20:53 - Jun 28 by MrSheen

Brutal stuff. Warrington is a great place to watch a game.

Keep going, Trinity.

Thank you Mr Sheen.

Wakefield's first league win since April! Perhaps this is due to the return of Bill Tupou. The only way is up!

Now, come on Catalan, you know beating Leeds makes sense!
[Post edited 28 Jun 2019 22:09]
London Broncos on 10:13 - Jul 5 with 1889 viewsterryb

Awful result for all of us last night!

How mny points are needed to avoid relegation this season? I would think a minimum of 22.

I just hope that Wakefield are safe before the last match against London & the inevitable defeat will keep the Broncos up!
London Broncos on 10:49 - Jul 5 with 1863 viewsMrSheen

London Broncos on 10:13 - Jul 5 by terryb

How mny points are needed to avoid relegation this season? I would think a minimum of 22.

I just hope that Wakefield are safe before the last match against London & the inevitable defeat will keep the Broncos up!

Yep, bad result all round.

I’d like to draw attention to a splendidly puerile Australian League podcast called “Full Credit to the Boys”. They have a startling interview with Craig Gower this week about his life and times. Next to nothing about his time with the Broncos (apart from his verdict on the coaching) but an astonishing story about French Rugby Union.
London Broncos on 10:55 - Jul 5 with 1853 viewsDixie_CT

London Broncos on 10:13 - Jul 5 by terryb

Is Fifita back for Wakefield? I thought he was a bit of a novelty player in his pink shorts but he is brilliant.

I think Huddersfield are the least threatened by relegation. Broncos could go down on 20 points which must be a record.

Off to the game tomorrow after we host our minis tournament at Twickenham rugby club. Have got a team coming down from Warrington which should be interesting!
London Broncos on 14:54 - Jul 5 with 1808 viewsterryb

London Broncos on 10:55 - Jul 5 by Dixie_CT

Is Fifita back for Wakefield? I thought he was a bit of a novelty player in his pink shorts but he is brilliant.

I think Huddersfield are the least threatened by relegation. Broncos could go down on 20 points which must be a record.

Off to the game tomorrow after we host our minis tournament at Twickenham rugby club. Have got a team coming down from Warrington which should be interesting!

Fifiita & Tupou are now back thankfully!

Ashurst is the latest to be out for the rest of the season though. TJ is, of course, greatly missed. He is catching up with Ale Faurlin as to how many times your knees can f*** you up!

I think (certainly hope) that Wakefield can gain a minimum of two victories from home games with Castleford, Hull, Wigan & London plus away to HKR to stay in Super League!

I've never been to an RL game but, thankfully, I couldn't make either Trinity game at Ealing this season. London must stay up in the hope I can get there next year!
London Broncos on 21:21 - Jul 11 with 1716 viewsMrSheen

Missed the first half, but this sums up the season. Extraordinary effort in a hopeless cause! Would they be better clocking off at 30 points down and saving it for next week?
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 21:23]
London Broncos on 21:29 - Jul 11 with 1708 viewsDixie_CT

London Broncos on 21:21 - Jul 11 by MrSheen

Missed the first half, but this sums up the season. Extraordinary effort in a hopeless cause! Would they be better clocking off at 30 points down and saving it for next week?
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 21:23]

I’ve been working late so forgot the game was on which it looks like Broncos did for 1st half. Why can’t we start well??
London Broncos on 22:33 - Jul 11 with 1679 viewsNorthernr

That’s Hull FC’s whole season right there.
London Broncos on 22:52 - Jul 11 with 1657 viewsDixie_CT

London Broncos on 22:33 - Jul 11 by Northernr

That’s Hull FC’s whole season right there.

‘Cue on the rack at HT’ must have come out at the last metaphor seminar because it was the buzz saying after the game.

Hull are the definition of the season. Could be Challenge cup & Grand Final winners or out in the semis and finish sixth!!
London Broncos on 20:28 - Jul 19 with 1549 viewsDixie_CT

Decent scrap tonight between Huddersfield and Hull KR. Pretty breathless stuff. Not sure who I want to win.

Seems like Saints are resting a few again against Broncos. Can we do it again??
London Broncos on 17:06 - Jul 21 with 1475 viewsMrSheen

London Broncos on 20:28 - Jul 19 by Dixie_CT

Decent scrap tonight between Huddersfield and Hull KR. Pretty breathless stuff. Not sure who I want to win.

Seems like Saints are resting a few again against Broncos. Can we do it again??

Couldn’t make it today. Silly me.
London Broncos on 17:26 - Jul 21 with 1469 viewsNorthernr

Hull should get six points for that one at Leeds today having contrived to win the game on three separate occasions. Got a sht team exactly where we wanted them twice and invited them back in just for shts and giggles. Then won it anyway in the last two minutes.
London Broncos on 18:02 - Jul 21 with 1432 viewsDixie_CT

London Broncos on 17:06 - Jul 21 by MrSheen

Couldn’t make it today. Silly me.

I ended up on the bbq at My boys cricket club until 1:45 and was faced with a trip from Hampton to Ealing or sit with free drinks and time with the kids so didn’t make it.

Had the commentary on and was so pleased we won that gimmie. All roads point to that last game with KR. You know what? I think we might just do this.
London Broncos on 13:49 - Jul 22 with 1367 viewsnadera78

Up The Broncos!

God knows who's going to be relegated this season. It's great fun though.
London Broncos on 16:07 - Jul 27 with 1304 viewsDixie_CT

Gutted that Hull FC didn't win that semi-final.

Shame for Clive and would also have liked my boy to watch Danny Houghton in the final as I think he is a cracking player. We get to goto the final for a tenner through his RL side.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024