Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London Broncos 08:49 - Feb 2 with 20022 viewsDixie_CT

I know a few on here (Clive, Mr Sheen) like Rugby League and it’s back!

I watched London Broncos in their play offs last season and decided to get a season ticket. Most games are Thursday evening or Sunday afternoon. Cost us £130 and junior £20 which I thought was reasonable for a few days out in Ealing.

Hoping London can stay up but it’s going to be tough.
London Broncos on 20:39 - Jul 27 with 2584 viewsNorthernr

London Broncos on 16:07 - Jul 27 by Dixie_CT

Gutted that Hull FC didn't win that semi-final.

Shame for Clive and would also have liked my boy to watch Danny Houghton in the final as I think he is a cracking player. We get to goto the final for a tenner through his RL side.

Not as gutted as me.

Height of summer, two days after the hottest day the country as ever had, guess what... still absolutely fcking pissing it down in Bolton. God I hate going there.

Fair result. Would like to see that Shaul disallowed try back though.
London Broncos on 00:11 - Jul 28 with 2545 viewsMrSheen

Not much good to anyone now, but Melbourne v Manly this morning was one of the most entertaining things I’ve ever seen. Manly won on the seventh drop goal attempt.
London Broncos on 08:40 - Jul 28 with 2507 viewsDixie_CT

London Broncos on 00:11 - Jul 28 by MrSheen

Not much good to anyone now, but Melbourne v Manly this morning was one of the most entertaining things I’ve ever seen. Manly won on the seventh drop goal attempt.

Saw the highlights of that Manly game and it looked a belter. Great skill for some of of those tries and the DG attempts that hit the post added to the drama.
London Broncos on 08:46 - Jul 28 with 2506 viewsDixie_CT

London Broncos on 20:39 - Jul 27 by Northernr

Not as gutted as me.

Height of summer, two days after the hottest day the country as ever had, guess what... still absolutely fcking pissing it down in Bolton. God I hate going there.

Think it was a fair result. Austin’s kicking was keeping you pegged back deep in your half and the first half was probably where it was won or lost.

FC looks like a team full of potential, just a bit of fine tuning and they could compete next year.

On another note, that Halifax effort in the first half against Saints was brilliant to watch. One hit on LMS was amazing. Roby almost looked a bit gutted for Halifax when he scored just before HT.
London Broncos on 23:40 - Aug 3 with 2443 viewsJokkerz

London Broncos on 20:39 - Jul 27 by Northernr

Not as gutted as me.

I would better go in something like escape room quest, you know.
London Broncos on 15:11 - Aug 6 with 2326 viewsgreenerz

London Broncos on 23:40 - Aug 3 by Jokkerz

I would better go in something like escape room quest, you know.

Escape Room games are really cool thing, especially when you have to spend your time with your friends, who came from another city. It's like we've been spending couple of days ago in the quest game from firm called Komnata (here their website: https://komnata.co.uk/london/escape-room-quest-sanangelo-london/), and the creators of this quest are really cool guys who know for sure how to impress the players of these quest games based on Escape Room rules.
London Broncos on 12:55 - Aug 11 with 2258 viewsDixie_CT

Apparently it was an improved performance v Castleford with more dubious decisions against London but their was an air of resignation after the Salford game.

Any result for Wakefield or Huddersfield today and that hole gets bigger.

It could all change with a repeat performance away at Catalans who seem to be going a bit mental!
London Broncos on 08:46 - Aug 18 with 2201 viewsDixie_CT

Probably no better team to play at the moment than Catalan but still a much improved performance, especially defensively, by London.

Today is a big day for Hull KR, Wakefield & Huddersfield. I’m predicting that the Wakefield/London match will be a relegation play off but then again I thought we were done for after the Salford game.
Login to get fewer ads

London Broncos on 19:07 - Aug 18 with 2144 viewsterryb

I'm a very relieved man tonight!

Wakefield's win at HKR should be enough to keep Trinity from relegation. I'd be quite happy to lose to London in the last match if it'means they finish above HKR or Huddersfield.
London Broncos on 19:46 - Aug 18 with 2124 viewsNorthernr

If London end up relegating Hull KR I swear to God I'm putting a card behind the bar at the Drayton and we're making a night of it.

Judging by the comments in the local press up there Rovers are basing their whole "we're relaxed, nothing has changed" Tony Smith saunter on the fact they think they're going to beat London at Caravan Park in the penultimate match. They've got Catalans next week away, which you'd think they'd win given the way the French are playing, but then they were so bad yesterday and Mcnamara so furious maybe they'll respond.

Absolutely everything crossed for a London survival first and foremost, with Rovers going down. Have to say though, if London do stay up, think it's probably going to be Huddersfield to go now. They seemed to think they'd done enough winning at Rovers the other week, and have now been nilled in successive weeks.
London Broncos on 19:47 - Aug 18 with 2122 viewsNorthernr

Fantastic league this year though. Apart from Saints, who I still have a sneaky feeling might have some demons from last season that may arise when it's knockout time, the rest of the table is tight as arse cheeks.
London Broncos on 08:53 - Aug 19 with 2046 viewsDixie_CT

London Broncos on 19:07 - Aug 18 by terryb

I'm a very relieved man tonight!

Wakefield's win at HKR should be enough to keep Trinity from relegation. I'd be quite happy to lose to London in the last match if it'means they finish above HKR or Huddersfield.

Massive result for Wakefield on the back of a terrible run and without Fifita. Congrats.

Now looks down to three teams with three to play although if London beat Leeds and Wigan beat Wakey then it’s back to five teams with two to play! What a season!!
London Broncos on 09:44 - Aug 31 with 1918 viewsDixie_CT

London Broncos on 19:47 - Aug 18 by Northernr

Fantastic league this year though. Apart from Saints, who I still have a sneaky feeling might have some demons from last season that may arise when it's knockout time, the rest of the table is tight as arse cheeks.

Erm, did Hull FC not read the script? Huge win for Huddersfield 😥

Hoping Catalans remember what they are supposed to be doing and beat KR. Not sure Broncos will get a result against Leeds but if they start well & have a stronger defence than they have at times then they will have enough going forward to trouble the Rhinos.
London Broncos on 19:21 - Sep 1 with 1851 viewsDixie_CT

Well I guess that is us then 😓

Strange old game, well in it 2nd half before some more interesting decisions by Hicks but Leeds were probably worthy winners.

Really enjoyed watching London this season and had some fantastic moments including beating Wigan, Saints second strong twice and the two wins at Catalans away.
London Broncos on 20:56 - Sep 1 with 1801 viewsnadera78

London Broncos on 19:21 - Sep 1 by Dixie_CT

Well I guess that is us then 😓

Strange old game, well in it 2nd half before some more interesting decisions by Hicks but Leeds were probably worthy winners.

Really enjoyed watching London this season and had some fantastic moments including beating Wigan, Saints second strong twice and the two wins at Catalans away.

It's not over yet! Although it does look like we'll be relegated.

At half-time I was wondering how it was possibly an 18 point game, and at full time how it was a 26 point one. But that's rugby league for you, especially the blow out at the end once London were a man down and Leeds ran in a couple of tries to widen the gap.

The penalty to Leeds on 65 minutes was a mistake, Hicks said the ball went forward off Abdull's arm but it was quite clearly his thigh. To then follow it up with a penalty for dissent was ludicrous - smacked of the ref attempting to assert himself after his own recent controversies. Bet he wouldn't have done it against O'Loughlin, Tomkins or some other gobshite, but it's easy to act tough against the smallest, weakest club in the league.

It's do or die against Hull KR on Friday.
London Broncos on 23:39 - Sep 1 with 1777 viewsNorthernr

Hicks is a poor referee, but he's particularly one-eyed when it comes to Leeds.
London Broncos on 22:07 - Sep 6 with 1635 viewsNorthernr

COOOOOOOOME OOOOOONNNNNNNN.
London Broncos on 01:08 - Sep 7 with 1594 viewsnadera78

Great to see Rob Butler (another young Londoner coming off the production line) really giving it to Joel Tomkins - a man beaten in the grub stakes only by his brother Sam.

What a set up for the final weekend though - 4 teams on the same points, all capable of securing their own future, all staring at relegation. A trip to Wakefield beckons, should be fun.
London Broncos on 17:18 - Sep 12 with 1433 viewsDixie_CT

London Broncos on 01:08 - Sep 7 by nadera78

Great to see Rob Butler (another young Londoner coming off the production line) really giving it to Joel Tomkins - a man beaten in the grub stakes only by his brother Sam.

What a set up for the final weekend though - 4 teams on the same points, all capable of securing their own future, all staring at relegation. A trip to Wakefield beckons, should be fun.

What a Friday night beckons! Very nervous about tomorrow but also quite excited. It needs to be a repeat of the Hull KR game in terms of the start as it will add heaps of pressure to Wakefield.

Must be such a strange game for Walker & Pitts to play in knowing that they could relegate the team they are going to next season. Ward has said they will be fine but I’m not sure it won’t be in there heads.

London have done so well this season and have come back from the brink on a number of occasions.

As I say the start is crucial and penalties could play a part. Wakey concede on average 1-2 more penalties per game than London and it could be those fine margins that count.

Come on London!!!!
London Broncos on 17:50 - Sep 12 with 1426 viewsNorthernr

Rovers doing their usual nonsense trick of appealing a blatant suspension, then bitching and moaning when the appeal gets turned down.
London Broncos on 20:48 - Sep 12 with 1381 viewsDixie_CT

London Broncos on 17:50 - Sep 12 by Northernr

Rovers doing their usual nonsense trick of appealing a blatant suspension, then bitching and moaning when the appeal gets turned down.

Tomkins was behaving like an idiot and got a little bit owned by Rob Butler. How he wasn't sin binned during the game was a joke!

I’m sure there was a accusation of racism by Hull KR players about Broncos during the game but that has all gone quiet??

Is Radford going to leave FC? Been a terrible end to the season since the semi final.
London Broncos on 21:55 - Sep 12 with 1355 viewsNorthernr

London Broncos on 20:48 - Sep 12 by Dixie_CT

Tomkins was behaving like an idiot and got a little bit owned by Rob Butler. How he wasn't sin binned during the game was a joke!

I’m sure there was a accusation of racism by Hull KR players about Broncos during the game but that has all gone quiet??

Is Radford going to leave FC? Been a terrible end to the season since the semi final.

No they're absolutely going for it all out with recruitment for next season and that'll be with Lee in charge.

If it goes wrong again then he'll be gone but he's earned the right over his time with us for the benefit of the doubt and to be given a go with those new players. If this Connor thing doesn't blow up and end up with him leaving and Kelly stays and stays fit I think we could be a dark horse next year. Mind you, I think I tipped Wakefield as dark horses this year so that's not saying much.
London Broncos on 09:47 - Sep 13 with 1292 viewsterryb

In my ideal world Wakefield & London will survive!

Wakefield will have a narrow lead nearing the end of the match, but if one of the other two are losing, I would be happy for a late London try!

If the other two are winning, hopefully Wakefield will hang on!

I don't trust Catalans (or Trinity), so tonight I will be relying on Salford!

I'm not looking forward to this evening!
[Post edited 13 Sep 2019 9:53]
London Broncos on 10:11 - Sep 13 with 1270 viewsNorthernr

Huddersfield will definitely win, Catalans are a joke. That's a banker for me.

In theory given the way Salford are playing Hull KR are done for, but then Salford don't really have a lot to play for, may rest some players for the play offs etc. And Rovers have an annoying habit this season of getting a result just when all seems lost.

I do fancy London to win at Wakey.
London Broncos on 10:13 - Sep 13 with 1270 viewsDixie_CT

London Broncos on 21:55 - Sep 12 by Northernr

No they're absolutely going for it all out with recruitment for next season and that'll be with Lee in charge.

If it goes wrong again then he'll be gone but he's earned the right over his time with us for the benefit of the doubt and to be given a go with those new players. If this Connor thing doesn't blow up and end up with him leaving and Kelly stays and stays fit I think we could be a dark horse next year. Mind you, I think I tipped Wakefield as dark horses this year so that's not saying much.

Swift, Jones, M’au & the returning Fonau look like impressive signings.

For me, Jackson Hastings joining Wigan is a major capture and will make the Warriors very decent although losing Williams is a blow. The young lads just roll of the conveyer belt up there with Partington & Smithes looking class.

Anyway, business to attend to for this season still! After being a fan of League from a distance since I was a kid, I’ve really enjoyed my first year as a season ticket holder at Broncos and think that is me now, hooked!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024