Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. 12:02 - Mar 23 with 5921 viewsrunningman75

Was coming back from work last night and stopping to my parents for dinner so different journey. Rush hour so overground train I went on was fairly busy. Saw a guy with a QPR tracksuit top ( QPR badge the one created when Briatore was there). He was standing up, walked past and gave a U R's comment. He looked at me blankly and I also commented about QPR more blank looks or maybe tired Friday night from the week. He either did not want to engage with me or had bought the top at a charity shop.
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 16:58 - Mar 24 with 2098 viewsmarkrtid

I once shouted You R's to some bloke and his family in blue and white hoops while on holiday. He was a Reading supporter.
I wear glasses now.
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 17:08 - Mar 24 with 2091 viewsWatford_Ranger

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 11:59 - Mar 24 by NW5Hoop

Once did it at the Guardian to Michael Gove. It was 7am, and he'd come in with his special adviser for an early meeting, I presume with the editor. They were walking up the stairs, I was walking down. He had on a QPR scarf. I shouted "You Rs!" His special adviser, presumably thinking I had shouted "You arse!", stepped towards me, as if to fend me away. Gove said, "No, no! It's all right! It's a QPR thing."

Wish I had shouted "You arse!", to be honest.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 12:00]

I was shouting boo-urns.
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 17:45 - Mar 24 with 2035 viewsngbqpr

I do the U Rs! shout every time without fail...8 or 9 times out of 10 to a positive response I've found...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 18:35 - Mar 24 with 1979 viewsheadhoops

always like to acknowledge other fans - bumped into one New Years Eve in Gibraltar - two of us in the town square screaming UR's at one another. Locals looked bewildered.

In Valencia today, the wife nudged me and said look it's a FKW. In full Arsenal strip including socks with his own name on the shirt - 60 if a day. TVVat is the word she used.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 18:42 - Mar 24 with 1966 viewsdigswellhoop

ALLWAYS was shopping with wife a mam coame out of a shop and hugged me wife thought i was going to be attacket but he was so pleased to see rs fan in milton kyenes
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. (n/t) on 19:36 - Mar 24 with 1908 viewsdixiedean

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 19:39 - Mar 24 with 1904 viewsdixiedean

E17 , That was probably me as I was running in Hoops and battling the gale. Cheers for the shout!
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 19:58 - Mar 24 with 1883 viewsBoston

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 17:45 - Mar 24 by ngbqpr

I do the U Rs! shout every time without fail...8 or 9 times out of 10 to a positive response I've found...

....that’s coz you live on Elletslie Rd.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 20:33 - Mar 24 with 1862 viewsE17hoop

Tough round Canary Wharf with that wind.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 21:57 - Mar 24 with 1825 viewsJohnMcCo

Absolutely, utterly always. Have been blown out maybe twice in 500 occasions. My daughter used to get really embarrassed about it but occasionally she joins in now. One particular shopping trip miles from HQ we You Rsed everyone in any form of blue and white hoops, be it a t-shirt, umbrella, plastic bag, anything, what a hoot!
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 22:45 - Mar 24 with 1793 viewsLoftgirl

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 18:42 - Mar 24 by digswellhoop

ALLWAYS was shopping with wife a mam coame out of a shop and hugged me wife thought i was going to be attacket but he was so pleased to see rs fan in milton kyenes

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 22:51 - Mar 24 with 1786 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 14:56 - Mar 24 by Boston

I'll usually chat to any R's I bump into, though I'm not the big roar 'U R's' type of bloke, more of a masonic handshake, nod and a wink.

So glad you said "wink"
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 23:28 - Mar 24 with 1762 viewsNortholt_Rs

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 18:42 - Mar 24 by digswellhoop

Yeah that’s what he told you....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 09:45 - Mar 25 with 1616 viewsBathRanger

Yep. Have acknowledged anyone who has shouted "you Rssss". My son quite often wears football shirts and while watching the Bath half marathon a couple of years ago, one of the runners came over and said something like "Great shirt, you Rssss". On holiday in San Francisco about 3 years ago, a fellow QPR fan came over to us in a shop and we chatted for a few minutes.

As for people wearing QPR tops who don't react...the reverse could also be true. My son has a Benfica top, but if he was in Lisbon and a Portuguese guy came up to him and said something like "Águias", I don't think he'd know how to react!!
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 10:00 - Mar 25 with 1602 viewsHarbour

South Ruislip Homebase car park as drove in car going out with QPR number plate did not have time to do the Urss bit but nice plate ....urss
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 10:29 - Mar 25 with 1572 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I get it a lot in summer on the bike and I feel a bit bad as I'm concentrating on the road and by the time my brain has computed to reply they are gone.

Doing the Ealing Half Marathon 3 years ago I got loads of 'Ursssssss' which was great as my medial collateral ligament was swollen and rather painful so it gave me a lift limping round.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 11:13 - Mar 25 with 1544 viewsaston_hoop

I always do although sightings are few and far between in Barcelona.

I have a retro Peru shirt that occasionally gets an outing, love the Peruvian shirts but I do get some attention for that one and have no idea how to react!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 11:42 - Mar 25 with 1525 viewsR_from_afar

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 10:00 - Mar 25 by Harbour

South Ruislip Homebase car park as drove in car going out with QPR number plate did not have time to do the Urss bit but nice plate ....urss

While we are on the DIY store theme, I stopped a bloke in a QPR jacket at Wickes in Bracknell and we must have chatted for 20 minutes about all things Rangers.

I always acknowledge my fellow Rs fans and have rarely been snubbed.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 13:08 - Mar 25 with 1454 viewsBoston

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 22:51 - Mar 24 by dodge_stoke_r

So glad you said "wink"

Don’t do the rolled up trousers but, around here that would mark me out as MS13.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 13:11 - Mar 25 with 1453 viewsCFW

Bumped into a QPR family in Disneyland Florida a few years ago- dad and kids in their football shirts. Said hello, had a chat and wished them happy holiday.

More recently was in a supermarket in Spain when I noticed a guy wearing a QPR top. Said hello and chatted with him for about half and hour. Turns out he lives near me and was a nice guy - eventually our wives were saying shut up and lets get going!!!!
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 15:36 - Mar 25 with 1372 viewsrobith

Absolutely always give it a big U Rs.

Best ones:

A train driver pulling into Walthamstow Central in a QPR hat who gave me a high five out the window

Seeing Michael Hann the music journalist at the bar at End of the Road festival and doing it then, only to then subsequently bore him to tears with my awful drunken chat
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 16:00 - Mar 25 with 1350 viewsBluce_Ree

Generally yes.

Some people can be a bit c*nty though so I don't go in with the full "You Rs" anymore.

I saw a bloke in my road with a QPR shirt which was odd as I live up North so we had a bit of a chat.

One time in 99 I was on holiday in Cyprus and had a home shirt on (I wouldn't these days but I was young and football shirts tend to be quite comfortable in blistering heat, and I was literally just going to a shop or something) and in the distance I saw a bloke with what looked like that year's away shorts on. He didn't let on though and when I was alongside him I realised they were indeed QPR shorts but by then the onus was really on him to say something what with me being in bright blue and white. He didn't so I guess it's all a bit optional really.

I do rep a QPR keyring but mainly because if I lose my keys they become way more identifiable as mine.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 16:08 - Mar 25 with 1336 viewsDorse

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 16:00 - Mar 25 by Bluce_Ree

Generally yes.

Some people can be a bit c*nty though so I don't go in with the full "You Rs" anymore.

I saw a bloke in my road with a QPR shirt which was odd as I live up North so we had a bit of a chat.

One time in 99 I was on holiday in Cyprus and had a home shirt on (I wouldn't these days but I was young and football shirts tend to be quite comfortable in blistering heat, and I was literally just going to a shop or something) and in the distance I saw a bloke with what looked like that year's away shorts on. He didn't let on though and when I was alongside him I realised they were indeed QPR shorts but by then the onus was really on him to say something what with me being in bright blue and white. He didn't so I guess it's all a bit optional really.

I do rep a QPR keyring but mainly because if I lose my keys they become way more identifiable as mine.

Especially when you throw them into the bowl with all the others...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 21:39 - Mar 26 with 1117 viewsStevenageRanger

Yes I always do and mainly get a decent response round these parts. Dont see that many though but always acknowledge. Normally a "U R's"
Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 12:04 - Mar 27 with 1000 viewsNW5Hoop

Do you acknowledge other r's fans. on 15:36 - Mar 25 by robith

Absolutely always give it a big U Rs.

Best ones:

A train driver pulling into Walthamstow Central in a QPR hat who gave me a high five out the window

Seeing Michael Hann the music journalist at the bar at End of the Road festival and doing it then, only to then subsequently bore him to tears with my awful drunken chat

No, I'm always happy for people to come up to me. I tend to be a bit cagey because there's the risk - it happens - that they want to tell me what a useless c*nt I am.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024