Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attendances so far.... 01:42 - Aug 25 with 4894 viewssmegma

...have been poor.
I'm hoping its because of families on holidays etc but so far we've had 14,377 (1,787 away), 12,287 (1,085 away) and today it dropped to 11,921 (402 away). That's a sub 12k average already (11,770 in fact ). I could possibly understand if we were struggling with this totally new team but some of the football played at times in the first five league games knocks spots off the fare dished up a year ago.

So, for anyone who reads this and hasn't turned up yet, what do the club need to do to attract more fans ??
Attendances so far.... on 09:50 - Aug 26 with 1604 viewsnix

just for balance, as this is becoming a bit of a moanfest, and I think that helps put people off, I really enjoy going over the season. Yes we have some rubbish times but I'd struggle to find many things that compare with the good times. Going to the cinema can be very enjoyable but can't be compared to the live entertainment of Eze scoring from a direct free kick or that ball he did to Hugill that you just couldn't get the perspective or feel the excitement watching it on TV.

Plus in real life I wouldn't get away with shouting at people like I do referees for many of our matches (sorry those who sit in SAR C block.

Yes, the food is crap. Yes, it's not particularly comfortable. But blimey, it's our team. And they're doing a lot to make us a credible club within our budget. Bloody loved the whole of KPF stadium singing Buzsaky's name and him practically in tears with the welcome. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, while entertaining, doesn't cut it.
Attendances so far.... on 09:59 - Aug 26 with 1575 viewsterryb

Attendances so far.... on 09:50 - Aug 26 by nix

just for balance, as this is becoming a bit of a moanfest, and I think that helps put people off, I really enjoy going over the season. Yes we have some rubbish times but I'd struggle to find many things that compare with the good times. Going to the cinema can be very enjoyable but can't be compared to the live entertainment of Eze scoring from a direct free kick or that ball he did to Hugill that you just couldn't get the perspective or feel the excitement watching it on TV.

Plus in real life I wouldn't get away with shouting at people like I do referees for many of our matches (sorry those who sit in SAR C block.

Yes, the food is crap. Yes, it's not particularly comfortable. But blimey, it's our team. And they're doing a lot to make us a credible club within our budget. Bloody loved the whole of KPF stadium singing Buzsaky's name and him practically in tears with the welcome. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, while entertaining, doesn't cut it.

I'm with you nix. Well not literally!

Meeting up with friends pre match for two or three pints & then being entertained by Eze, Chair, Manning etc. Who could ask for anything more?

Well maybe, being transported to & from home without the need for Greater Anglia, but I'm willing to put up with them to be entertained like I've been so far this season!
Attendances so far.... on 10:57 - Aug 26 with 1529 viewsAntti_Heinola

We can talk reasons all we like, but if by some miracle we are in the playoff picture at the end of the season, we’ll be full and the usual suspects will be begging for tickets and professing their undying allegiance despite only turning up when times are good.

Bare bones.

Attendances so far.... on 11:02 - Aug 26 with 1525 viewslondonscottish

Attendances so far.... on 07:47 - Aug 25 by davman

Holiday for me and the boy and I am sure that there are loads who have also been away.

Two weekends away for me followed by a two week holiday. Starting a new job this week so will also miss the cup game.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Attendances so far.... on 11:12 - Aug 26 with 1509 viewsRangersw12

Its too expensive for walk ups IMO
Attendances so far.... on 11:16 - Aug 26 with 1500 viewsWatford_Ranger

Attendances so far.... on 10:57 - Aug 26 by Antti_Heinola

We can talk reasons all we like, but if by some miracle we are in the playoff picture at the end of the season, we’ll be full and the usual suspects will be begging for tickets and professing their undying allegiance despite only turning up when times are good.

There’s surely somewhere in between though. They can’t make individual tickets too cheap so as to make a season ticket even worse value but no one can justify £38 for a not great seat for QPR v Wigan.
Attendances so far.... on 11:19 - Aug 26 with 1489 viewsLongsufferingR

Attendances so far.... on 11:16 - Aug 26 by Watford_Ranger

There’s surely somewhere in between though. They can’t make individual tickets too cheap so as to make a season ticket even worse value but no one can justify £38 for a not great seat for QPR v Wigan.

...but there are always alternatives. Good seats on Twickets for around £20 every match. Just because the top price tickets are expensive doesn't mean you can't see games much cheaper than that.
Attendances so far.... on 11:28 - Aug 26 with 1478 viewsWatford_Ranger

Attendances so far.... on 11:19 - Aug 26 by LongsufferingR

...but there are always alternatives. Good seats on Twickets for around £20 every match. Just because the top price tickets are expensive doesn't mean you can't see games much cheaper than that.

Individual tickets yes, and I’m glad I know about them but plenty won’t and there’s little to no choice on there for a pair of adults (suspicious number of kids tickets in silver/bronze areas though). The extra fiver on the day seems counter-productive to me when supply > demand and there will always be people who can’t commit until late.

My main gripe though is the family stand. I get why it’s there but if families can’t fill it then I don’t see why it can’t be opened up to others once they’ve had first dibs.
Login to get fewer ads

Attendances so far.... on 11:36 - Aug 26 with 1462 viewsLongsufferingR

Attendances so far.... on 11:28 - Aug 26 by Watford_Ranger

Individual tickets yes, and I’m glad I know about them but plenty won’t and there’s little to no choice on there for a pair of adults (suspicious number of kids tickets in silver/bronze areas though). The extra fiver on the day seems counter-productive to me when supply > demand and there will always be people who can’t commit until late.

My main gripe though is the family stand. I get why it’s there but if families can’t fill it then I don’t see why it can’t be opened up to others once they’ve had first dibs.

Yup, I think we all agree about the family stand. Always disappoints me to see empty seats there where we should be most visible.
Attendances so far.... on 16:43 - Aug 26 with 1338 viewsplasmahoop

I will be going once the cricket season has finished.
It is good fun, but it is expensive. Id rather go every so often and have a bit of a beano than not drink and it just be all about the game. At some point though surely football is going to have a severe recorrection. All these high wages in the lower divisions and so many clubs in financial trouble
Attendances so far.... on 17:27 - Aug 26 with 1297 viewsEsox_Lucius

I really don't understand the spend £50 on beer and burgers but moan about the cost of a ticket. Surely going to a game of football should mean the football match is the priority? As someone who drives to games drinking beforehand is out of the question but it doesn't detract from my enjoyment of the game.

The grass is always greener.

Attendances so far.... on 18:37 - Aug 26 with 1236 viewsWatford_Ranger

Attendances so far.... on 17:27 - Aug 26 by Esox_Lucius

I really don't understand the spend £50 on beer and burgers but moan about the cost of a ticket. Surely going to a game of football should mean the football match is the priority? As someone who drives to games drinking beforehand is out of the question but it doesn't detract from my enjoyment of the game.

Following QPR for the last couple of decades the worst part of the football is the football.
Attendances so far.... on 19:20 - Aug 26 with 1179 views1MoreBrightonR

Holidays for me and my elderly dad. Made it to the last game but both away again this weekend and have season tickets. I'm so desperate to watch us I have persuaded my gf that the caribou cup is a massive deal and we have to go on Wednesday :)
Attendances so far.... on 22:57 - Aug 26 with 1085 viewssmegma

The cheapest season tickets are £250, I pay £465 in SAR = a score a game.Its taken monthly by direct debit at £46-50 a pop.Q & H block are £400.
No one forces you to buy food/drinks in the ground. I drink in Wetherspoons on the Green or the White Horse where its a reasonable £3.60 a pint.According to the Football Grounds Guide, Shepherds Bush has the most pubs and restaurants within a mile of the ground in the UK ( with varying costs so it can cheapish to go to QPR if you do your homework).

And like I said earlier, the entertainment on show is worth £20 of anyones money surely ??
Attendances so far.... on 09:57 - Aug 27 with 970 viewsJohnMcCo

Attendances so far.... on 22:57 - Aug 26 by smegma

The cheapest season tickets are £250, I pay £465 in SAR = a score a game.Its taken monthly by direct debit at £46-50 a pop.Q & H block are £400.
No one forces you to buy food/drinks in the ground. I drink in Wetherspoons on the Green or the White Horse where its a reasonable £3.60 a pint.According to the Football Grounds Guide, Shepherds Bush has the most pubs and restaurants within a mile of the ground in the UK ( with varying costs so it can cheapish to go to QPR if you do your homework).

And like I said earlier, the entertainment on show is worth £20 of anyones money surely ??

The different price on the day is very annoying.

I make most home games with a season ticket and bring my daughter to 5 or 6 games a season. I don't want to force it upon her (well I do but I don't) and so sometimes she does not want to go the night before but she does on the day. It's really unfair to penalise a parent who is trying to develop a supporter!

More generally I would just make it half price for anyone under 25. Our support base is too old, that needs to be addressed urgently.
Attendances so far.... on 10:47 - Aug 27 with 932 viewsRblockPrior

We simply do not have the loyal fanbase who attend games which we once had, there are multiple reasons for it, price, quality of football in recent years and amount of fans leaving the w12 area being just 3. Yes there maybe a few hundred on holiday atm but I am sure those who are won't boost the number up much when they are back.

We are within the worst 3 supported clubs at home in the division which is hard to see but unfortunately that is the way it is.

We are not a million miles away from Brentfords number now while being 9th most supported club in the capital. I don't see how we can grow our fanbase, we actually have very few fans now living in the w12 area which doesn't help

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Attendances so far.... on 11:04 - Aug 27 with 907 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Attendances so far.... on 22:57 - Aug 26 by smegma

Ditto. I hardly notice the DD to be honest and it is interest free.
I think Saturdays attendance was more reflective of Summer holidays and the Bank Holiday weekend than what is on show to be honest.
Attendances so far.... on 11:33 - Aug 27 with 874 viewsNW5Hoop

Attendances so far.... on 10:57 - Aug 26 by Antti_Heinola

And the same people moaning that people weren't turning up will be moaning that people are turning up!

We'll get good crowds when we start getting good results consistently. We've had this moan before, after a few good performances — only for everything to revert to type, suggesting the people who stayed away hadn't got it wrong.

But we're just not a club with a big fanbase. Even in the Warnock promotion season, the average was only just over 15,000. and we were getting 12,000 in the early weeks of the season, until it became apparent something special was happening.
Attendances so far.... on 15:26 - Aug 27 with 778 viewsBoston

Attendances so far.... on 11:33 - Aug 27 by NW5Hoop

And the same people moaning that people weren't turning up will be moaning that people are turning up!

We'll get good crowds when we start getting good results consistently. We've had this moan before, after a few good performances — only for everything to revert to type, suggesting the people who stayed away hadn't got it wrong.

But we're just not a club with a big fanbase. Even in the Warnock promotion season, the average was only just over 15,000. and we were getting 12,000 in the early weeks of the season, until it became apparent something special was happening.

We do have a large ‘part time’ fan base though.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Attendances so far.... on 08:43 - Aug 28 with 654 viewstoboboly

Regarding cup games, I always try and get a few non-QPR mates down to the early League Cup matches. If it was a tenner no matter what/when then more would head down with me, they would then buy a beer and a burger once in the ground.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024