Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's goals on Sky 20:18 - Aug 31 with 3276 viewsbosh67

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/

Hugill is our new Charlie Austin but that pass from Wells to set him up for the first was pure Don Masson. Sumptuous.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Today's goals on Sky on 15:43 - Sep 3 with 438 viewsPinnerPaul

Today's goals on Sky on 02:54 - Sep 3 by Match82

By the laws of the game he wasn't. But personally I would prefer a version of the rule where he is offside - or at least when it happens against us!

Haven't watched it back but if I recall correctly he never gets back in an "onside" position relative to the defender - he's not offside at the end because he was behind the ball when it was played across.

So to answer the question - I'd have him as offside when he touches the ball if he's never got himself back onside again

BUT offside is judged when your team mate plays the ball.

Wells pass to Manning - he IS offside but does not play the ball etc, 2nd pass he is onside
Today's goals on Sky on 15:58 - Sep 3 with 422 viewsMick_S

Today's goals on Sky on 15:40 - Sep 3 by PinnerPaul

That shows a blue player in an offside position.

BUT as I have pointed out - 1st line from the offside law is 'It is NOT an offence to be in an offside position'

If you don't play the ball, attempt to play the ball, prevent an opponent from playing the ball or stand in the GK's line of vision then you are not penalised for being in an offside position.

I get that Paul - my point with the diagram is that I thought Hugill was in an offside position when he received what I thought was a forward pass from Manning. It appears that Hugill was behind the ball as it was crossed - that's not how I saw it and why I couldn't make it out.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Today's goals on Sky on 18:31 - Sep 3 with 327 viewsPinnerPaul

Today's goals on Sky on 15:58 - Sep 3 by Mick_S

I get that Paul - my point with the diagram is that I thought Hugill was in an offside position when he received what I thought was a forward pass from Manning. It appears that Hugill was behind the ball as it was crossed - that's not how I saw it and why I couldn't make it out.

Ah apologies Mick - see why you were confused now.

Yes attacker has to have at least two opponents OR the ball between him and the goal line.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024