Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An off day 14:26 - Sep 28 with 3738 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Really poor. Never looked like scoring, never passed well, didn't defend well. Was just an off day for everyone. I'll take it on the chin as West Brom look seriously good and will probably go up. Austin looked awful though, what happened to him?

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

An off day on 14:28 - Sep 28 with 3725 viewsthemodfather

we hardly got a shot in, still we sit well in the table, west brom will be near the top come may, not the end of the world for us.
An off day on 14:53 - Sep 28 with 3571 viewsHunterhoop

Yeah.

Lots of players played poorly. Eze lacked dynamism, Cameron appeared to have forgotten how to play football, Kane was in the pocket of Ferguson (who is the best full back i’ve seen in years!), Barbet struggled all game with their movement, and Lumley ballsed up their first.

Too many bad choices and badly executed passes, and I felt they gave WBA to much respect; we tried to attack too slowly at times.

Chair worked hard and offered for it, whilst Leistner had Austin in his pocket.

Bad day at the office. But hey ho. WBA will be top 6.
An off day on 15:30 - Sep 28 with 3435 viewsdodge_stoke_r

They just seemed to have two players around whowver had the ball. I counted their players twice, I was convinced they had sneaked 14 on to th pitch. Lumley was beaten easily but he'll fire, we had at least 3 players backing off and for about the 4/5 seconds before he shot everybody in the ground could see the shot coming. Everybody apart from our 3 defenders that were retreating faster than the Italian light infantry.
An off day on 15:46 - Sep 28 with 3377 viewsParkRoyalR

An off day on 14:53 - Sep 28 by Hunterhoop

Yeah.

Lots of players played poorly. Eze lacked dynamism, Cameron appeared to have forgotten how to play football, Kane was in the pocket of Ferguson (who is the best full back i’ve seen in years!), Barbet struggled all game with their movement, and Lumley ballsed up their first.

Too many bad choices and badly executed passes, and I felt they gave WBA to much respect; we tried to attack too slowly at times.

Chair worked hard and offered for it, whilst Leistner had Austin in his pocket.

Bad day at the office. But hey ho. WBA will be top 6.

Thought it was Barber's fantastic block when Austin had a free shot from 10 yards out in first 10mins, Austin also sky'ed a very good chance from same position in 2nd Half as well as drawing a good save from Lumley, so not sure he was in anyone's pocket today.
An off day on 16:39 - Sep 28 with 3212 viewsHunterhoop

An off day on 15:46 - Sep 28 by ParkRoyalR

Thought it was Barber's fantastic block when Austin had a free shot from 10 yards out in first 10mins, Austin also sky'ed a very good chance from same position in 2nd Half as well as drawing a good save from Lumley, so not sure he was in anyone's pocket today.

That was a great block. But Austin got little change from Leistner all day. Do you just not like Germans? Or not understand the centre half position.

WBA threaded several through balls inside and outside Barbet and Manning. He struggled with some movement but made some good blocks and headers, and then got sent off.
An off day on 17:09 - Sep 28 with 3142 viewsParkRoyalR

An off day on 16:39 - Sep 28 by Hunterhoop

That was a great block. But Austin got little change from Leistner all day. Do you just not like Germans? Or not understand the centre half position.

WBA threaded several through balls inside and outside Barbet and Manning. He struggled with some movement but made some good blocks and headers, and then got sent off.

You seem to be very knowledgeable with regards Centre Half play, who did you play for yourself?
An off day on 17:15 - Sep 28 with 3106 viewsPinnerPaul

Just to say we're 9th, 1 pt off 6th after 9 games.

As Clive said, not many thought we would doing that well.

Obviously can't tell with any certainty, but don't think we're about to fall off the cliff (a la last winter/spring)
An off day on 17:20 - Sep 28 with 3068 viewsWatford_Ranger

An off day on 15:46 - Sep 28 by ParkRoyalR

To my untrained eye he looked just plain crap rather than in anyone’s pocket. Sad in a way given what he used to be. Robson-Kanu and others in their squad should be ahead of him.
Login to get fewer ads

An off day on 17:21 - Sep 28 with 3060 viewsRangersw12

A poor performance all round today and just one of those games where nothing came off

I would take Lumley out of the firing line and maybe go back to 4231 for Cardiff with Amos and Ball at the base

with BOS , Eze , Chair behind Wells
An off day on 17:36 - Sep 28 with 2988 viewssuperhoopdownunder

An off day on 17:20 - Sep 28 by Watford_Ranger

To my untrained eye he looked just plain crap rather than in anyone’s pocket. Sad in a way given what he used to be. Robson-Kanu and others in their squad should be ahead of him.

agree Charlie Austin looks like he's lost his mojo and is a shadow of the player we had 5 or 6 years ago
An off day on 17:52 - Sep 28 with 2933 viewsHunterhoop

An off day on 17:09 - Sep 28 by ParkRoyalR

You seem to be very knowledgeable with regards Centre Half play, who did you play for yourself?

Yawn. You’ve disliked Leistner from the start and you rated Lynch. You’re a clown. But on the basis of that post, I assume you played centre half for Arsenal so I bow to your superior arrogance.
An off day on 18:05 - Sep 28 with 2892 viewsessextaxiboy

An off day on 17:36 - Sep 28 by superhoopdownunder

agree Charlie Austin looks like he's lost his mojo and is a shadow of the player we had 5 or 6 years ago

He looked overweight and rusty to me .
An off day on 18:14 - Sep 28 with 2863 viewsParkRoyalR

An off day on 17:52 - Sep 28 by Hunterhoop

Yawn. You’ve disliked Leistner from the start and you rated Lynch. You’re a clown. But on the basis of that post, I assume you played centre half for Arsenal so I bow to your superior arrogance.

And the answer to the question 'who you played centre half for'? Is......
An off day on 18:22 - Sep 28 with 2832 viewsHunterhoop

An off day on 18:14 - Sep 28 by ParkRoyalR

And the answer to the question 'who you played centre half for'? Is......

I played amateur football. You?

Peter Reid played pro football. Jose Mourinho didn’t.

You don’t need to have played professional to understand the game. Most pros are morons.
An off day on 18:39 - Sep 28 with 2776 viewsParkRoyalR

An off day on 18:22 - Sep 28 by Hunterhoop

I played amateur football. You?

Peter Reid played pro football. Jose Mourinho didn’t.

You don’t need to have played professional to understand the game. Most pros are morons.

Worth watching today's Sky Highlights 1min 47secs long, puts into context comment Leistner had Austin in his pocket, we'll leave It there.
An off day on 18:44 - Sep 28 with 2764 viewsNW10Hoop

First game of the season for me. Forgive me if anything seems negative.
For the shortest fella on the pitch Ilias chair won a few headers.
Joe Lumley seems to always make long range kicks using the outside of his boot - seems inaccurate
Felt weird seeing Darnell and Austin appealing for things against us. Phillips, less so
An off day on 18:50 - Sep 28 with 2740 viewsWatford_Ranger

An off day on 18:44 - Sep 28 by NW10Hoop

First game of the season for me. Forgive me if anything seems negative.
For the shortest fella on the pitch Ilias chair won a few headers.
Joe Lumley seems to always make long range kicks using the outside of his boot - seems inaccurate
Felt weird seeing Darnell and Austin appealing for things against us. Phillips, less so

A rare highlight was Phillips bottling a 70:30 challenge in our box. Brought back fond memories of the big ponce.
An off day on 19:20 - Sep 28 with 2657 viewsHunterhoop

An off day on 18:39 - Sep 28 by ParkRoyalR

Worth watching today's Sky Highlights 1min 47secs long, puts into context comment Leistner had Austin in his pocket, we'll leave It there.

One split second in the game. Austin, their big signing at no. 9, got subbed midway through the second half. It was not because he was winning a battle.
An off day on 19:46 - Sep 28 with 2572 viewsParkRoyalR

An off day on 19:20 - Sep 28 by Hunterhoop

One split second in the game. Austin, their big signing at no. 9, got subbed midway through the second half. It was not because he was winning a battle.

Watch Leinster for the whole 1min 47 secs, watch him on 1min 5sec lose Robson Kanu and gift him a free header in the 6 yard box, get caught out of position for Barbet's Red Card, opening up wall with Cameron for 2nd goal, lost Austin twice in front of goal if you're saying he marked him out of the game. Also other examples of poor Centre Half play from him in that clip. Agree played very well again'st Smith and Millwall who are both League 1 standard, but struggled today as did Cameron, Barbet less so.
An off day on 19:51 - Sep 28 with 2550 viewsHunterhoop

An off day on 19:46 - Sep 28 by ParkRoyalR

Watch Leinster for the whole 1min 47 secs, watch him on 1min 5sec lose Robson Kanu and gift him a free header in the 6 yard box, get caught out of position for Barbet's Red Card, opening up wall with Cameron for 2nd goal, lost Austin twice in front of goal if you're saying he marked him out of the game. Also other examples of poor Centre Half play from him in that clip. Agree played very well again'st Smith and Millwall who are both League 1 standard, but struggled today as did Cameron, Barbet less so.

Disagree. You are misreading the game.

But you will disagree with me.

So continue on your merry way. You want to have a chat in person, find me, i’m open to it.
An off day on 20:07 - Sep 28 with 2497 viewsderbyhoop

Had to miss last 20, but thought Austin got little change out of Leistner. Apart from Barbet's block and the good Lumley save.

Hope Hall gets fit soon. How slow will we be if we are reliant on BFG and Cameron at CB?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

An off day on 20:12 - Sep 28 with 2476 viewsSirNose

Austins hair
[Post edited 2 Aug 2020 7:05]
An off day on 20:14 - Sep 28 with 2460 viewsHunterhoop

An off day on 20:07 - Sep 28 by derbyhoop

Had to miss last 20, but thought Austin got little change out of Leistner. Apart from Barbet's block and the good Lumley save.

Hope Hall gets fit soon. How slow will we be if we are reliant on BFG and Cameron at CB?

Cameron cannot be allowed to play CB against anyone good.
An off day on 21:05 - Sep 28 with 2287 viewsParkRoyalR

An off day on 19:51 - Sep 28 by Hunterhoop

Disagree. You are misreading the game.

But you will disagree with me.

So continue on your merry way. You want to have a chat in person, find me, i’m open to it.

Let me know when you finally get to an away game, be good to meet up.
An off day on 23:43 - Sep 28 with 2079 viewsHunterhoop

An off day on 21:05 - Sep 28 by ParkRoyalR

Let me know when you finally get to an away game, be good to meet up.

Been to many. But might be easier to coordinate in the upper loft.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024