Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze has to play down the Middle 17:40 - Jan 11 with 1464 viewsParkRoyalR

We are a totally different team when we play through him, close control, can turn either way, brings in full backs and can take the ball off the Centre Halves, which in Barbet's absence we need, not to mention ability to travel with the ball and thread passes to the runners.

Too easily marked on flank especially when teams double up on him as today.
Eze has to play down the Middle on 14:10 - Jan 12 with 1261 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I agree.

It is very tough to fit both Eze and Chair into the same team, though. And both are undroppable. It's a tough one tactically.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Eze has to play down the Middle on 14:27 - Jan 12 with 1235 viewsPhilmyRs

Eze has to play down the Middle on 14:10 - Jan 12 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree.

It is very tough to fit both Eze and Chair into the same team, though. And both are undroppable. It's a tough one tactically.

I think away from home, tricky getting both Chair and Eze involved as much as we’d want, especially from central positions but at home recently we have shown both can be very effective together. I think certain games Eze operating from the left is not the worst thing, as long as he has licence to come into the middle and hurt teams.

Agree though, difficult getting the selection right with these two - 2 players I think are a cut above the rest.
Eze has to play down the Middle on 14:39 - Jan 12 with 1213 viewsParkRoyalR

Eze has to play down the Middle on 14:10 - Jan 12 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree.

Agree but believe Eze is more integral to how we play as a team and his ability to take the ball of our Centre Halves and then go either way is key to us moving the ball forward without resorting to Hall's diagonal long balls yesterday.

Eze has to take the central position as Chair is still prone to take one or two too many touches rather than move the ball quickly as Eze does, which benefits BOS and Wells.

Chair is very effective cutting in from the left and shooting from distance so I would compromise him for now and when he tires on 60 / 65, would replace him with Shodipo so when Hughill comes on we can get crosses into him in the box from both sides.
Eze has to play down the Middle on 14:44 - Jan 12 with 1192 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Eze has to play down the Middle on 14:27 - Jan 12 by PhilmyRs

I think away from home, tricky getting both Chair and Eze involved as much as we’d want, especially from central positions but at home recently we have shown both can be very effective together. I think certain games Eze operating from the left is not the worst thing, as long as he has licence to come into the middle and hurt teams.

Agree though, difficult getting the selection right with these two - 2 players I think are a cut above the rest.

Good post, and agree with it all including your point that both work well together. I suppose my point should have been that both players' ideal position is No. 10 so one has to move elsewhere.

Eze has to play down the Middle on 14:45 - Jan 12 with 1189 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Eze has to play down the Middle on 14:39 - Jan 12 by ParkRoyalR

Agree but believe Eze is more integral to how we play as a team and his ability to take the ball of our Centre Halves and then go either way is key to us moving the ball forward without resorting to Hall's diagonal long balls yesterday.

Eze has to take the central position as Chair is still prone to take one or two too many touches rather than move the ball quickly as Eze does, which benefits BOS and Wells.

Chair is very effective cutting in from the left and shooting from distance so I would compromise him for now and when he tires on 60 / 65, would replace him with Shodipo so when Hughill comes on we can get crosses into him in the box from both sides.

Yes, I think I would do the same.

Eze has to play down the Middle on 15:28 - Jan 12 with 1141 viewsPhilmyRs

Eze has to play down the Middle on 14:44 - Jan 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Good post, and agree with it all including your point that both work well together. I suppose my point should have been that both players' ideal position is No. 10 so one has to move elsewhere.

Yeah fair point and I think you’re right but with Chair I’m still not 100% sure what’s his best position or type of player, I juts know he’s very very good - yesterday being the exception. He often looks like a number 10, creative and looking to shoot from just outside the box, useful at arriving late and good provider of goals but other times he looks busy and a very tidy central midfielder in the Iniesta mould with a very high quality short passsing game. I’d imagine he’s being lined up to take on the Eze mantle so will get his chance as our out and out number 10 soon enough.
Eze has to play down the Middle on 15:56 - Jan 12 with 1099 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Eze has to play down the Middle on 15:28 - Jan 12 by PhilmyRs

Yeah fair point and I think you’re right but with Chair I’m still not 100% sure what’s his best position or type of player, I juts know he’s very very good - yesterday being the exception. He often looks like a number 10, creative and looking to shoot from just outside the box, useful at arriving late and good provider of goals but other times he looks busy and a very tidy central midfielder in the Iniesta mould with a very high quality short passsing game. I’d imagine he’s being lined up to take on the Eze mantle so will get his chance as our out and out number 10 soon enough.

Excellent analysis, Phil.

I thought that he still looked sharp yesterday, and he seems to have a good attitude too. When others were panicking and hoofing it clear it seemed to me (albeit watching it on the box) that he kept looking for it and kept trying to do the right thing with it. Being brave.

Eze has to play down the Middle on 19:32 - Jan 12 with 1015 viewsNorthLondonR

Eze has to play down the Middle on 15:56 - Jan 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Excellent analysis, Phil.

I thought that he still looked sharp yesterday, and he seems to have a good attitude too. When others were panicking and hoofing it clear it seemed to me (albeit watching it on the box) that he kept looking for it and kept trying to do the right thing with it. Being brave.

I'm still convinced that he would be a perfect deep lying playmaker as mentioned in the Iniesta mould. I was convinced when he played there against Birmingham a few years ago and surprised he hasn't been deployed since. Always looking to move the ball on.. but he is a delight to watch with that impeccable close control.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024