Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are you a QPR supporter? 07:20 - Apr 10 with 6573 viewsMiss_Terraces

Why are you a QPR supporter?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 10:12 - Apr 12 with 736 viewskomradkirk

As a child i watched the 1967 Legaue Cup Final on the Sunday after and i was hooked.
Why are you a QPR supporter? on 11:17 - Apr 12 with 674 viewsDannyPaddox

My scouse Grandad was forever trying to get me to follow the reds but I was always intrigued by the football ground I could see from my Nan’s window. That’s QPR. Who?

A mate and his Dad were Chelsea supporters and as a treat I was taken to Stamford Bridge. Because of the colour of the shirts I thought the away team was Manchester United. They play with a swagger, and its the best thing ever when they score and all the herberts around me fall silent and grumpy. They do this magic trick three times. I begin to fall in love with this team and one player in particular. That’s Stan Bowles and that’s QPR. Who?

Then the clincher, by now I’ve seen the glorious blue and white hooped shirt and I hear my favourite Uncle has had a trial for a football team called QPR playing against Arsenal. It’s just meant to be. My team is now QPR.

40 years later:
My Uncle explains he didn’t play for QPR against Arsenal, it was the other way round. He played for Arsenal against QPR. It took me a while to take in but eventually I just accepted it - my Uncle was never cool.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 11:30]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024