Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are you a QPR supporter? 07:20 - Apr 10 with 6513 viewsMiss_Terraces

Why are you a QPR supporter?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 13:11 - Apr 10 with 1661 viewshantssi

Dad used to take me in the lates 60’s/early 70’s.
Went on my own during the 75/76 season (what were my parents thinking of I was only 14/15!).
Started playing on a Saturday when I was 16 so stopped going regularly.
Try to do at least 1 or 2 home games and Forest away every year if I can.
Why are you a QPR supporter? on 13:12 - Apr 10 with 1658 viewsqpr_1968

born in hammersmith hospital.
lived in Ladbroke grove
went to school in Ladbroke grove
worked in Ladbroke grove.
only one team really.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 13:56 - Apr 10 with 1581 viewsMrSheen

I was crazy about football growing up (armchair Leeds fan), but my Dad had no interest and he worked every Saturday. I was about 15 when I felt brave enough to go on my own. I went with school friends to both Rangers and Brentford for a couple of weeks but geography won. My first season was post relegation, Clive, Paul Goddard, Big Bob, Glenn Stepover...
Why are you a QPR supporter? on 14:49 - Apr 10 with 1537 viewsR_from_afar

Years ago, my job was moved from Buckinghamshire to Solihull and so my regular football session with my work colleagues changed. The bloke who ran the Solihull session had played football with me back in Bucks but it was only in the Midlands that we became good friends. The vast majority of the other players were Veelaaaa, Baggies or Blues fans but the organiser would bravely turn up in his QPR replica top, much to the amusement of the others.

I didn't support a team back then but "Weggers," as they used to call him, kept asking me to go along to see the Rs, and when it transpired that one of the other players was also a Rangers man, albeit an undercover one, the planets aligned and I agreed to go to a game with them. I think my first one with them was an away game against Reading, in the newly opened Madjeski.

I had been dragged along to some QPR matches by some of the people in my cricket team, back in the late 80s when I lived in Newbury, but this time, it was different, mainly because "Weggers" was not only a close friend but also a salt of the earth type who got on with everyone and absolutely adored/adores QPR. I was hooked and Rangers cast its magic spell on me.

We have since been to umpteen games together and win, lose, or draw, we always have a hoot. I don't know what it is about our quirky, often dysfunctional club but it seems to inspire a deeper passion and fiercer loyalty than most. The successes, even the most minor ones, seem sweeter. And that kit!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 15:53 - Apr 10 with 1498 viewspeejaybee

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 14:49 - Apr 10 by R_from_afar

Years ago, my job was moved from Buckinghamshire to Solihull and so my regular football session with my work colleagues changed. The bloke who ran the Solihull session had played football with me back in Bucks but it was only in the Midlands that we became good friends. The vast majority of the other players were Veelaaaa, Baggies or Blues fans but the organiser would bravely turn up in his QPR replica top, much to the amusement of the others.

I didn't support a team back then but "Weggers," as they used to call him, kept asking me to go along to see the Rs, and when it transpired that one of the other players was also a Rangers man, albeit an undercover one, the planets aligned and I agreed to go to a game with them. I think my first one with them was an away game against Reading, in the newly opened Madjeski.

I had been dragged along to some QPR matches by some of the people in my cricket team, back in the late 80s when I lived in Newbury, but this time, it was different, mainly because "Weggers" was not only a close friend but also a salt of the earth type who got on with everyone and absolutely adored/adores QPR. I was hooked and Rangers cast its magic spell on me.

We have since been to umpteen games together and win, lose, or draw, we always have a hoot. I don't know what it is about our quirky, often dysfunctional club but it seems to inspire a deeper passion and fiercer loyalty than most. The successes, even the most minor ones, seem sweeter. And that kit!

The last paragraph says it all

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 15:57 - Apr 10 with 1496 viewskingo

Grew up in Kensal Green in the 60’s and went to football where I was taken. Luckily in 67, I was taken to see my local team at Wembley. But then moved out to Bucks and again my uncle, a couple of neighbours and my mates big brother all supported QPR and took me to games. Then in about 72/3 I started going up on the train and loved the atmosphere in The Loft and going to the market and Stuarts. Been going regularly ever since. Met some great mates through Rangers, some of whom have passed away but still have great memories.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 17:05 - Apr 10 with 1445 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Don Givens incredible goal scorer and ROI international.Listened to all the Ireland games on the radio and afterwards myself and my 4 brothers would go out to the field and kick lumps out of each other trying to play.We all had our team but mine was QPR and is to this day .That was 1977 I believe .
Why are you a QPR supporter? on 17:33 - Apr 10 with 1415 viewsQPR_John

Lived on the White City Estate from age 2 to 21 (so left a long time ago). Could not bring myself to vote sh*t but local so voted other. They were local it's true and it was somewhere to go and most of my mates really supported teams in the first division. Maybe it was simply bloody mindlessness but I decided to stick with a third division south team and have never regretted it. If you asked my two sons they would vote brainwashed by parent.
Login to get fewer ads

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 18:15 - Apr 10 with 1385 viewsGloucs_R

Grandparents moved to Davenport Road in the late 40s. Both Irish immigrants.

I was born in Queen Charlottes.

Both my kids are QPR, even though we live 110 miles away. Once you're a hoop, you're a hoop.

If I have grandkids, they will be hoops too. It's in the blood.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 18:41 - Apr 10 with 1341 viewsPunteR

Best team in London.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 19:14 - Apr 10 with 1325 viewsPikey

Born in Ducane rd hospital in 1955 lived in Goodwin Road 5 doors from the Crown. Educated at Coverdsle Road and St Clement Danes.
Only one team to support.
Helped that Dad and Uncles were all rs fans too.
Why are you a QPR supporter? on 20:21 - Apr 10 with 1287 viewsjoe90

Loved football as a child, but nobody in my fmaily cared about it, so no team to inherit.

I had Wimbledon, Fulham and Chelsea all as potential clubs to follow but I chose QPR. Not really much of a story, it was kind of like the goldilocks effect, QPR just worked out and ticked all the boxs at the time.
Why are you a QPR supporter? on 21:10 - Apr 10 with 1250 viewsloftus77

Dad. He lived in Sundew Avenue during the War.

Never had a choice. His fault,
[Post edited 10 Apr 2020 21:13]
Why are you a QPR supporter? on 22:01 - Apr 10 with 1222 viewspaulparker

Fourth generation fan
Great grandad , my grandad , great aunties , uncles , dad all lived around the bush , Notting hill, Ealing , Chiswick , at times all had season tickets through the years , and then me a football mad kid who liked Everton for some reason but was told that wasn’t happening and was taken to the Mecca of football back in 84
My Nan bless her would walk from Ealing to the bush to get me the latest gear from parksy , you name it I had it, been QPR daft ever since
Still have my dads rattle from the 67 final as well
My grandad passed a week ago and it feels like an end to an era, I went with him and the old man all them years back and grew up on tales of Brian Bedford
Still get the goose bumps when I come back to the bush

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 22:27 - Apr 10 with 1197 viewsLongsufferingR

Used to get Shoot magazine every week and keep the league ladders up to date. Chose one team as my favourite in each division that stood out for no particular reason, so as a 7 year old I chose Arsenal, QPR, Aston Villa and Hereford. When we got promoted in 73 I had a decision to make and as my brother supported Arsenal, I went the other way.

Never regretted it for a minute.
Why are you a QPR supporter? on 22:59 - Apr 10 with 1169 viewsRangersw12

Whole family support the club

My kids are 5th generation supporters

The thing my Dad was most proud about (god rest his soul) is that me and my brother supported QPR and his Grandkids aswell

[Post edited 10 Apr 2020 23:08]
Why are you a QPR supporter? on 23:34 - Apr 10 with 1149 viewsitsbiga

Generational. Was born at Queen Charlotte's. Whole family was from around the way. Chiswick, Turnham Green and Stamford Brook. Used to go to games with the Grandpa, Dad an uncle, a couple cousins and my older bro.
Moved to Brixton in my teens and my little brother became a Gooner for some reason. He gets alot of sh1t for it of course.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 23:37 - Apr 10 with 1145 viewsqprxtc

I was born in January 1970. Which means I was conceived in April 1969 when Rangers had just got relegated from Division 1.

I was a pity shag baby.

About sums it all up.
Why are you a QPR supporter? on 03:35 - Apr 11 with 1096 viewskarl

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 22:27 - Apr 10 by LongsufferingR

Used to get Shoot magazine every week and keep the league ladders up to date. Chose one team as my favourite in each division that stood out for no particular reason, so as a 7 year old I chose Arsenal, QPR, Aston Villa and Hereford. When we got promoted in 73 I had a decision to make and as my brother supported Arsenal, I went the other way.

Never regretted it for a minute.

Sorry down vote by mistake, was supposed to be up. Pissed fingers on phone!

I was huge football fan growing up in Isle of Man but never really had true connection to a team, 100% Scotland and was a glory period in the 70s and early 80s for us so generally followed teams with Scottish players and that was Leeds for a good while.
Unfortunately someone new came to our school and no one else liked him so it fell to me to befriend him and he repayed that by inflicting QPR on me!
DistortR gradually wore me down over an 8-10yr period and I ended up going to a game with him and his mates as a 24yr old and have pretty much been hooked since. Hadn't experienced that daft lads type day out before, I don't imagine it was the norm with a transvestites bar at 8am to be fair, and probably called myself a QPR supporter at that point. Have to say the bar was a minor part of my conversion...
I have made a few great friends for life as an R and has been much more than the football, I'm sure that's true for everyone.
Daughter loves being an R but son (my avatar) can be a monkey and we need to get down ASAP as he's Man Utd atm, fact young kids up here are EPL fans boils my p+ss!
Why are you a QPR supporter? on 03:56 - Apr 11 with 1088 viewsLoftgirl

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 18:41 - Apr 10 by PunteR

Best team in London.

I first went with a school friend and his Dad in '68. After that, when I wanted to go on my own, it was the only ground I knew how to get to. Simple yet effective. Fate.
Why are you a QPR supporter? on 04:30 - Apr 11 with 1085 viewssmegma

I was diagnosed with sado-masochistic tendencies in the early 70s aged 8.
Why are you a QPR supporter? on 05:04 - Apr 11 with 1079 viewsKiwi76

Liked football but from NZ we only got 1hr/wk with Brian Moore & Big Match.
Came to London in 1976 & my uncle gave me the history - QPR were my team & we were going ok that year so what could go wrong...
Clearly have some bloody loyalty but did have couple of good spells living in London late 80’s & mid 90’s so have seen some of our best seasons - top ten the whole time I was there.
Internet has changed everything - was BBC world service 5:15am on Sunday mornings to get second half coverage & goal updates, sea freight Shoot magazines with FA Cup issue around Xmas.
Now connected via Clive here and well over 100 fellow addicts in our NZ group.
Why are you a QPR supporter? on 08:03 - Apr 11 with 1030 viewsbakerloo8

Born in St Mary's to both parents being QPR supporters.

Moved away to Watford very early and grew up watching them and their great Twylor side of Barnes and Blissett of the mid 80s.
QPR was the more romantic option for me, and managed to get myself down to LR one autumn day in 92' and saw Ian Holloway score against Spurs in absolute bedlam and that was that for me.

Some great stories in the thread, bit of cheer in these tough times.

God, I cant wait for the footy season to return.
Why are you a QPR supporter? on 09:25 - Apr 11 with 1002 viewsQPRSteve

Grew up in College Park and then Frithville Gardens at the back of the BBC. Dad wasn't into football so didn't get into it until I was about nine when a friend and his dad took me to a night game at home Shrewsbury. We were 4-0 down with 20 minutes left then score three goals and almost snatched a fourth. I was hooked from then onwards.

Later found out that my five uncles and many cousins were all QPR fans.
Why are you a QPR supporter? on 09:31 - Apr 11 with 990 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Why are you a QPR supporter? on 03:35 - Apr 11 by karl

Sorry down vote by mistake, was supposed to be up. Pissed fingers on phone!

I was huge football fan growing up in Isle of Man but never really had true connection to a team, 100% Scotland and was a glory period in the 70s and early 80s for us so generally followed teams with Scottish players and that was Leeds for a good while.
Unfortunately someone new came to our school and no one else liked him so it fell to me to befriend him and he repayed that by inflicting QPR on me!
DistortR gradually wore me down over an 8-10yr period and I ended up going to a game with him and his mates as a 24yr old and have pretty much been hooked since. Hadn't experienced that daft lads type day out before, I don't imagine it was the norm with a transvestites bar at 8am to be fair, and probably called myself a QPR supporter at that point. Have to say the bar was a minor part of my conversion...
I have made a few great friends for life as an R and has been much more than the football, I'm sure that's true for everyone.
Daughter loves being an R but son (my avatar) can be a monkey and we need to get down ASAP as he's Man Utd atm, fact young kids up here are EPL fans boils my p+ss!

Class!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024