Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warren Farm not happening 09:47 - May 6 with 43566 viewsqueensparker

According to a story by Dave Mac.

Not really a surprise but gutting nevertheless
Warren Farm not happening on 13:21 - Jul 6 with 1894 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Warren Farm not happening on 13:09 - Jul 6 by robith

A lesson in hubris.

Had the club not made such a big song and dance about Warren Farm at first, they may have been able to ditch it earlier and we'd have had a facility before now.

Top news none the less

Hubris also fcked the Old Oak Common plans with Car Giant it seems, and nearly derailed the Linford Christie stadium to the point the H&F council has to issue a statement.

I hope lessons are learned.
Warren Farm not happening on 13:23 - Jul 6 with 1882 viewsrsonist

Warren Farm not happening on 13:09 - Jul 6 by robith

A lesson in hubris.

Had the club not made such a big song and dance about Warren Farm at first, they may have been able to ditch it earlier and we'd have had a facility before now.

Top news none the less

Hasn't the Heston freehold only recently become available?
Warren Farm not happening on 13:38 - Jul 6 with 1782 viewsEsox_Lucius

Warren Farm not happening on 13:07 - Jul 6 by francisbowles

The club i.e. the owners, own it. Surely that would be the case whoever owned the club?

It will either be QPR FC Holdings or Total Soccer Growth if I had to take a guess. Hopefully the former as a sign of good faith by the owners but I am not holding my breath.

The grass is always greener.

Warren Farm not happening on 14:10 - Jul 6 with 1668 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Without straying too far from the topic, Imperial own huge amounts of land in west London.

All that student accommodation in tower blocks at the back of where Remploy used to be. That spiky tower just by the Westway / Scrubs Lane.

Must be one of the biggest, active developers in the area
Warren Farm not happening on 14:20 - Jul 6 with 1628 viewsdanehoop

Will Dave Mc run a similar big splash story as he did when withdrew from Warren Farm?

Never knowingly understood

Warren Farm not happening on 15:28 - Jul 6 with 1517 viewsrobith

Warren Farm not happening on 13:23 - Jul 6 by rsonist

Hasn't the Heston freehold only recently become available?

My point was less this specific opportunity, but more because of the hype the owners built when they first came in, they painted themselves into a corner where they couldn't back down in an incredibly convoluted, protracted fight while we trained at a place that I played rugby at in uni
Warren Farm not happening on 16:01 - Jul 6 with 1457 viewsLblock

Warren Farm not happening on 12:42 - Jul 6 by Antti_Heinola

Seems like it got to that really loud chorus bit, Blockhead.

Such a bitch....

I thought childish nicknames were above you?

Never mind.

As already stated but I'll reaffirm --- GREAT NEWS and kudos to the club for getting it done finally.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Warren Farm not happening on 17:10 - Jul 6 with 1333 viewsLythamR

Warren Farm not happening on 13:07 - Jul 6 by francisbowles

The club i.e. the owners, own it. Surely that would be the case whoever owned the club?

Its great news very pleased

it is important who owns it, if the club company owns it then as it appreciates as an asset that would reflect on the balance sheet for the club company whereas if it is owned by one or more of the owners it wouldnt

Also i think/hope that part of the idea is to develop the buildings to provide facilities that could be rented out to earn revenue, in the way that Hoos points out is so difficult at Loftus road
Login to get fewer ads

Warren Farm not happening on 17:56 - Jul 6 with 1253 viewsrsonist

Warren Farm not happening on 15:28 - Jul 6 by robith

My point was less this specific opportunity, but more because of the hype the owners built when they first came in, they painted themselves into a corner where they couldn't back down in an incredibly convoluted, protracted fight while we trained at a place that I played rugby at in uni

Were they supposed to already know from the first challenge (customary enough) that it would be an incredibly convoluted, protracted fight? The opposition to WF has been several different evolving battles in a trench war not a single issue case - the final environmental challenge a consequence of the delay caused by previous challenges - and they felt certain it was only one ruling away during the entirety of it.

There's also the assumption that it's just been a conveyor belt of plots of suitable local land going by unattended in the meantime...
Warren Farm not happening on 18:07 - Jul 6 with 1228 viewsrobith

Warren Farm not happening on 17:56 - Jul 6 by rsonist

Were they supposed to already know from the first challenge (customary enough) that it would be an incredibly convoluted, protracted fight? The opposition to WF has been several different evolving battles in a trench war not a single issue case - the final environmental challenge a consequence of the delay caused by previous challenges - and they felt certain it was only one ruling away during the entirety of it.

There's also the assumption that it's just been a conveyor belt of plots of suitable local land going by unattended in the meantime...

What they've done - ditching Warren Farm and signing somewhere else exactly 2 months later - was first publicly proposed as a course of action by Tony Fernandes six years ago. It's been 5 years since they rescaled the plans and said it would be open in 2.

There is clearly more than judicial process at play in why they endured.
Warren Farm not happening on 18:14 - Jul 6 with 1212 viewsR_from_afar

Wow, the "delusional twonks" were right!

Well done Rangers, this is massive for the club.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Warren Farm not happening on 19:01 - Jul 6 with 1158 viewsrsonist

Warren Farm not happening on 18:07 - Jul 6 by robith

What they've done - ditching Warren Farm and signing somewhere else exactly 2 months later - was first publicly proposed as a course of action by Tony Fernandes six years ago. It's been 5 years since they rescaled the plans and said it would be open in 2.

There is clearly more than judicial process at play in why they endured.

So I'm to understand that public proposal was some sort of defeated soliloquy he happened to have released in a statement - an admission the whole thing was unwinnable six years ago - and not an obvious ploy to pressure the council and turn public favour?

The earlier point stands that it was not one ongoing case but several in sequence.

The first plans were bolshy. Then they were adapted, and the club continued to pursue what there's no evidence to suggest wasn't a case they sincerely believed they would win. I'm not sure where hubris comes into it, never mind the implication they could easily have dropped it and found pastures new without any hassle. It's a cute narrative though I guess.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024