Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mooooooooooooooooove! 08:52 - May 28 with 16641 viewsMrSheen

Rugba Leeg is back in less than two hours, Eels v Broncos. All Hail, Lord V'Landys!
Mooooooooooooooooove! on 12:03 - Nov 4 with 986 viewsMrSheen

Mooooooooooooooooove! on 11:48 - Nov 4 by Dixie_CT

Final minute was a bit odd with the penalties for interference but why did the ref blow up with time on the clock? The last play should have been allowed to go.

No idea either. The yellow card with 30 seconds left is completely pointless. It should carry over into the next game.
Mooooooooooooooooove! on 12:09 - Nov 4 with 979 viewsNorthernr

Mooooooooooooooooove! on 11:48 - Nov 4 by Dixie_CT

Final minute was a bit odd with the penalties for interference but why did the ref blow up with time on the clock? The last play should have been allowed to go.

I think he gave a knock on at the final play the ball, then blew full time.
Mooooooooooooooooove! on 12:52 - Nov 4 with 966 viewsMrSheen

Too many cooks for NSW, cramming in players like Gutherson and Wighton out of position. Lomax and Crichton in next game?
Mooooooooooooooooove! on 13:24 - Nov 4 with 949 viewsTheChef

Funnily enough, same result and score as the first game last year. Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Mooooooooooooooooove! on 09:13 - Nov 11 with 910 viewsNorthernr

Here we go then, game two.
Blues to click today I reckon.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Mooooooooooooooooove! on 09:19 - Nov 11 with 897 viewsTheChef

Mooooooooooooooooove! on 09:13 - Nov 11 by Northernr

Here we go then, game two.
Blues to click today I reckon.

Yeah, hoping QLD get another result, but can't help feeling this series will follow the same pattern as last year's.

Mooooooooooooooooove! on 09:29 - Nov 11 with 890 viewsDixie_CT

Biggest query for me is how you pronounce the colour of QLD, Maroon or Maroan?
Mooooooooooooooooove! on 09:31 - Nov 11 with 889 viewsozexile

What a try that is. They say it like "maroan"
Login to get fewer ads

Mooooooooooooooooove! on 09:40 - Nov 11 with 880 viewsDixie_CT

Mooooooooooooooooove! on 09:31 - Nov 11 by ozexile

What a try that is. They say it like "maroan"

Sounds so odd to my ears.

Cleary is a show stopper. Up there with Ponga and Tedesco for me
Mooooooooooooooooove! on 10:07 - Nov 11 with 870 viewsMrSheen

More like we expected. Moroans not dead yet though.

Any forecasts on the extra Super League team? Obviously I'm biased, but presumably whoever they take will be at an even bigger disadvantage than usual, so they can't just bomb them out after one year. If not London, is there any substance and staying power to Toulouse?
Mooooooooooooooooove! on 10:08 - Nov 11 with 867 viewsTheChef

Well the first half started quite nicely, but the HT score is probably what I expected...

Mooooooooooooooooove! on 10:10 - Nov 11 with 864 viewsNorthernr

Mooooooooooooooooove! on 10:07 - Nov 11 by MrSheen

More like we expected. Moroans not dead yet though.

Any forecasts on the extra Super League team? Obviously I'm biased, but presumably whoever they take will be at an even bigger disadvantage than usual, so they can't just bomb them out after one year. If not London, is there any substance and staying power to Toulouse?

Bit a poison chaliice that. You get about six weeks to prepare and recruit for a Super League season, with only £1m of central funding. Good fcking luck with that.
Mooooooooooooooooove! on 10:23 - Nov 11 with 847 viewsMrSheen

If there are 40,000 people in that stadium, my name's Ned Kelly.
Mooooooooooooooooove! on 10:44 - Nov 11 with 841 viewsnadera78

Bring back the biff!
Mooooooooooooooooove! on 10:51 - Nov 11 with 836 viewsMrSheen

Mooooooooooooooooove! on 10:44 - Nov 11 by nadera78

Bring back the biff!

Gone a bit tame now, like they're all saving themselves for next week, which is fair enough.
Mooooooooooooooooove! on 11:14 - Nov 11 with 826 viewsTheChef

Mooooooooooooooooove! on 10:51 - Nov 11 by MrSheen

Gone a bit tame now, like they're all saving themselves for next week, which is fair enough.

Hopefully playing in Brisbane will help, but if NSW play the same way then I don't hold out much hope.

Mooooooooooooooooove! on 17:42 - Nov 12 with 783 viewsDixie_CT

Mooooooooooooooooove! on 10:10 - Nov 11 by Northernr

Bit a poison chaliice that. You get about six weeks to prepare and recruit for a Super League season, with only £1m of central funding. Good fcking luck with that.

Initial criteria from RFL is that the Club was in the Super League or finished in the Championship Top 6 in either 2018 or 2019, Stadium has an operational capacity of 5,000 and Club has an average attendance of at least 2,000 in the 2018 or 2019 Regular Seasons

http://www.superleague.co.uk/uploads/docs/2021_SuperLeague_Application.pdf
[Post edited 12 Nov 2020 17:43]
Mooooooooooooooooove! on 17:48 - Nov 12 with 779 viewsNorthernr

Mooooooooooooooooove! on 17:42 - Nov 12 by Dixie_CT

Initial criteria from RFL is that the Club was in the Super League or finished in the Championship Top 6 in either 2018 or 2019, Stadium has an operational capacity of 5,000 and Club has an average attendance of at least 2,000 in the 2018 or 2019 Regular Seasons

http://www.superleague.co.uk/uploads/docs/2021_SuperLeague_Application.pdf
[Post edited 12 Nov 2020 17:43]

Does the ground thing rule London out?

They basically seem to be bending over backwards to get fcking Bradford back in to me.
Mooooooooooooooooove! on 19:43 - Nov 12 with 760 viewsMrSheen

Mooooooooooooooooove! on 17:48 - Nov 12 by Northernr

They basically seem to be bending over backwards to get fcking Bradford back in to me.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/2019-championship-attendances-up-31-as-12-c

Surprisingly good attendances. Widnes, Bradford, Leigh, Toulouse, York all look like they’d qualify
Mooooooooooooooooove! on 21:00 - Nov 12 with 750 viewsDixie_CT

Mooooooooooooooooove! on 17:48 - Nov 12 by Northernr

Unless there is any truth in the rumours of sharing with Wimbledon.

I can’t see how London can win this fight and the team relegated is so different to what it is now, it could be a tough season back in Super League. If Danny Ward leaves as well then it could be horrendous although I think he and his family is very settled in the South.
Mooooooooooooooooove! on 23:05 - Nov 12 with 745 viewsNorthernr

Mooooooooooooooooove! on 21:00 - Nov 12 by Dixie_CT

Unless there is any truth in the rumours of sharing with Wimbledon.

I can’t see how London can win this fight and the team relegated is so different to what it is now, it could be a tough season back in Super League. If Danny Ward leaves as well then it could be horrendous although I think he and his family is very settled in the South.

Ah yes this might well explain what I’d heard about London moving into Wimbledon’s new gaff.

Just feels like they’re carefully tailoring the criteria to keep Bradford involved. And still think it’s a real shame they’re just disagreeing the whole Toronto project. Keep Toronto, add London and Toulouse, do a 14 team league.
Mooooooooooooooooove! on 04:13 - Nov 13 with 733 viewsnadera78

I kind of hope they add Leigh to be honest. Mainly so I can laugh at the idea of Toronto being described as "too competitive a market" by Robert Elstone, whilst Wigan Borough is deemed capable of supporting 2 clubs. Same goes for Fev and 3 teams in Wakefield Borough.

As much as I'd like to see the Broncos back in SL, they've lost almost the entire team they had in SL in 2019, and there's very little time left to recruit. Feels like a hiding to nothing.

The only sensible choice is Toulouse, they've been building to this for years. Great stadium, play lovely open rugby, good young coach, have long-established business connections in the city and, like all French sports clubs, would get big financial support from the city and regional authorities. They'd also give Catalans a bit of a kick too, and open up the possibility of better TV deals in France, not to mention potentially helping the French national team (which needs it).

That said, the whole thing still feels like a sacrificial lamb for 2021.
Mooooooooooooooooove! on 21:17 - Nov 13 with 701 viewsDixie_CT

Catalans V Leeds is a bit of a banger.

I’m not sure if I like or am scared of McIllorum! If he wasn’t on a pitch then he would be inside!!
Mooooooooooooooooove! on 21:33 - Nov 13 with 696 viewsMrSheen

Mooooooooooooooooove! on 21:17 - Nov 13 by Dixie_CT

Catalans V Leeds is a bit of a banger.

I’m not sure if I like or am scared of McIllorum! If he wasn’t on a pitch then he would be inside!!

Goes with the position...Terry Newton, Malcolm Alker. Anthony Watts a good example from Australia.
Mooooooooooooooooove! on 21:43 - Nov 13 with 690 viewsNorthernr

Well, two great games in two nights, if slightly chaotic energy.
Catalans and Hull biggest problems are they're so inconsistent, attitude issues, culture issues, but they;re dangerous in a one on one situation if they turn up. I think they'll both lose very comfortably next week and it'll be a Saints Wigan final as ever. Catalans will be missing at least 3 on suspension after the review.
I have to say, I don't want more video inteference, but having invited it in, I don't know how a video referee has half a dozen looks at McCillorum, a known thug, spraying Dwyer's nose, and then two sets later watches Joel Tomkins, another one with form, sticking two fingers up Richie Myler's ars, and does nothing about any of it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024