Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crowd noise 16:41 - Jul 7 with 2257 viewsLongsufferingR

Interesting stuff in our absence:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-agony-and-the-ecstasy/2020/jul/07/theat
Crowd noise on 17:00 - Jul 7 with 2198 viewsTacticalR

As pointed out in the article the sound in our home games was a lot better than the sound at Middlesbrough:

"But the beauty of this system is the ability to tailor the noise and adjust it. Compared to Sunday’s game at Middlesbrough — when they played some generic noise at the same level through a crackly PA system — ours definitely provides a psychological benefit as the volume and intensity can be increased from different parts of the ground, for example at a corner."

Air hostess clique

Crowd noise on 17:26 - Jul 7 with 2154 viewsrsonist

I'd tended to imagine it how Luton do it...

Crowd noise on 17:31 - Jul 7 with 2136 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Crowd noise on 17:26 - Jul 7 by rsonist

I'd tended to imagine it how Luton do it...

If it's Luton you can only hear the noise if you've bought a membership card.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Crowd noise on 21:13 - Jul 7 with 1756 viewsNewhopphoops

Do they have speakers that mutter about tracking back?
Crowd noise on 00:05 - Jul 8 with 1637 viewsJAPRANGERS

Great idea given the circumstances. Do they also include authentic chants such as " the referee's a wan***" or John Terry you racist c***?
Crowd noise on 01:30 - Jul 8 with 1608 viewsDavieQPR

Pretty sure a lot of this goes on even when the fans are there.
Crowd noise on 04:43 - Jul 8 with 1577 viewsnadera78

Crowd noise on 17:31 - Jul 7 by BrianMcCarthy

If it's Luton you can only hear the noise if you've bought a membership card.

That's one for the old folks on here
Crowd noise on 09:35 - Jul 8 with 1477 viewsEsox_Lucius

Crowd noise on 04:43 - Jul 8 by nadera78

That's one for the old folks on here

I, along with many others I suspect, never missed a game there when David Evans was in charge. They remain my most disliked club.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Crowd noise on 09:38 - Jul 8 with 1471 viewsrobith

Crowd noise on 17:00 - Jul 7 by TacticalR

As pointed out in the article the sound in our home games was a lot better than the sound at Middlesbrough:

"But the beauty of this system is the ability to tailor the noise and adjust it. Compared to Sunday’s game at Middlesbrough — when they played some generic noise at the same level through a crackly PA system — ours definitely provides a psychological benefit as the volume and intensity can be increased from different parts of the ground, for example at a corner."

Genuinely felt at times like Boro were playing some kind of CIA enhanced interrogation white noise on Sunday
Crowd noise on 10:08 - Jul 8 with 1424 viewsstowmarketrange

To make it more realistic they should turn off the speakers in the lower loft.
Crowd noise on 10:51 - Jul 8 with 1389 viewskarl

I was listening to a Premier game on 5live at the early stages of 'layering' in crowd noise. At one point the commentators were raising their excitement as an attack was in progress for the home side and the PA was turning up the volume of crowd noise when suddenly the commentator says 'oh, there's a whistle but what for'?
Turns out it was in the recorded crowd noise, and as they said if it's recorded noise there will be random interference like whistles etc.
As it happens it never affected the play as players never reacted, think at that time they were generally using it as a sound effect for broadcast rather than within stadium.
Crowd noise on 12:50 - Jul 8 with 1333 viewsNW10Hoop

I'm the QPR fan in this piece. I know the whole crowd noise thing is incredibly divisive, but the way we do things means it's quite an adrenaline rush working on these games - trying to replicate (the positive aspects) of support as instantly and realistically as possible. And getting to do it at Rangers has been a bit of a thrill.
Crowd noise on 12:53 - Jul 8 with 1329 viewsloftboy

Crowd noise on 09:35 - Jul 8 by Esox_Lucius

I, along with many others I suspect, never missed a game there when David Evans was in charge. They remain my most disliked club.

I worked with a bloke who was a season ticket holder at Luton, got me tickets when the away fan ban was in place, went extra mental when we scored much to the displeasure of the locals.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2020 13:04]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Crowd noise on 13:11 - Jul 8 with 1296 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Crowd noise on 09:35 - Jul 8 by Esox_Lucius

Ya, I was a Luton member for those years. It was surprisingly easy, wasn't it?

Still detest them.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024