Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
YES @ LOFTUS ROAD 1975 12:53 - Sep 10 with 1985 viewsSonofNorfolt

Anyone go?
I'm sure 100% did.
Stories?
Anyhow I've got the concert on two DVDs which one can procure off me for a fee.

If interested email me on melh64@hotmail.co.uk
YES @ LOFTUS ROAD 1975 on 13:34 - Sep 10 with 1875 viewsBoston

Me. Not a fan of Yes though and the gig didn’t really do anything to my impression that prog rock was boring. I posted footage up on another board about ten years ago, one of the roadies (to the right of the stage), was wearing a Rangers shirt, the long sleeve version.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

YES @ LOFTUS ROAD 1975 on 13:41 - Sep 10 with 1872 views100percent

Absolute pelt. would rather gouge my eyes out with a blunt spoon.
YES @ LOFTUS ROAD 1975 on 13:42 - Sep 10 with 1867 viewsSonofNorfolt

Yes can go on a bit at times, and f uck knows what Jon Anderson is singing about but they do have their moments.
I've heard that bassist Chris Squire was a Rangers fan, he was from Wembley. Wakeman not on this tour was from Northolt but had Brentford connections, then bizarrely Man. City.
YES @ LOFTUS ROAD 1975 on 13:45 - Sep 10 with 1854 views100percent

YES @ LOFTUS ROAD 1975 on 13:42 - Sep 10 by SonofNorfolt

Yes can go on a bit at times, and f uck knows what Jon Anderson is singing about but they do have their moments.
I've heard that bassist Chris Squire was a Rangers fan, he was from Wembley. Wakeman not on this tour was from Northolt but had Brentford connections, then bizarrely Man. City.

No grown man should be wearing a cape apart from superman......
YES @ LOFTUS ROAD 1975 on 14:09 - Sep 10 with 1781 viewsMick_S

YES @ LOFTUS ROAD 1975 on 13:42 - Sep 10 by SonofNorfolt

Wood End Gardens - thought we may have been mates, but he's 71.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

YES @ LOFTUS ROAD 1975 on 14:55 - Sep 10 with 1694 viewsBoston

YES @ LOFTUS ROAD 1975 on 14:09 - Sep 10 by Mick_S

Wood End Gardens - thought we may have been mates, but he's 71.

Bit young for you to have hung around with, eh?

YES @ LOFTUS ROAD 1975 on 16:12 - Sep 10 with 1641 viewsSonofNorfolt

YES @ LOFTUS ROAD 1975 on 13:45 - Sep 10 by 100percent

No grown man should be wearing a cape apart from superman......

Come to think of it, Clark Kent is a bit camp no?
YES @ LOFTUS ROAD 1975 on 17:46 - Sep 10 with 1561 viewsqpr_1968

was there. a long day, remember that jesus fellow standing at the front of the stage with all his entourage.
we started of in the paddock, watched all the early bands, then waked across the pitch and watched the whole of the yes concert sitting on what is now the loft lower hoardings.
lovely hot day.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Login to get fewer ads

YES @ LOFTUS ROAD 1975 on 17:51 - Sep 10 with 1558 viewsqpr_1968

YES @ LOFTUS ROAD 1975 on 17:46 - Sep 10 by qpr_1968

was there. a long day, remember that jesus fellow standing at the front of the stage with all his entourage.
we started of in the paddock, watched all the early bands, then waked across the pitch and watched the whole of the yes concert sitting on what is now the loft lower hoardings.
lovely hot day.

i have got the two dvd's of the concert, not the best of quality.
and no, never wore a cape, brutus shirt, (who remembers them) white sta press trousers, brown loafers.well outnumbered by the hippies.

YES @ LOFTUS ROAD 1975 on 20:10 - Sep 10 with 1471 viewsNoDiddley

I grew up listening to that tripe, my brother with his decks playing “ Roundabout “ by them , then Jethro Tull, then Humble Pie then Wishbone “fecking” Ash...
YES @ LOFTUS ROAD 1975 on 20:20 - Sep 10 with 1454 viewsLythamR

My mum wouldnt let me go so i have no Wonderous Stories
YES @ LOFTUS ROAD 1975 on 21:03 - Sep 10 with 1410 viewsJuzzie

My Dad was approached by YES to be their drummer. He turned them down (as he hates that music) and 18 months later they hit the big time and ££££££.

Doh.
YES @ LOFTUS ROAD 1975 on 21:41 - Sep 10 with 1367 viewsMoonshineSteve

I thought I recalled Smegma say he was there.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

YES @ LOFTUS ROAD 1975 on 20:02 - Sep 12 with 1203 viewsPastCaringNW2

I was there. Half way back in Ellerslie Road (which IIRC had benches rather than seats in those days) just stage side of the lighting tower. What I remember most of the day is how awful the other three acts were (Stoke got the mighty SAHB, we didn't) and the interminable wait for each of them to come on. Just four bands in what felt like nine or ten hours is some going. Especially when you spent all your money on a programme and have nothing to eat. They could fit that kind of bill in a Sunday night at the Roundhouse (though three bands was more common). Not a bad day out for my second gig-going experience though.
YES @ LOFTUS ROAD 1975 on 20:20 - Sep 12 with 1170 viewsqpr_1968

YES @ LOFTUS ROAD 1975 on 20:02 - Sep 12 by PastCaringNW2

I was there. Half way back in Ellerslie Road (which IIRC had benches rather than seats in those days) just stage side of the lighting tower. What I remember most of the day is how awful the other three acts were (Stoke got the mighty SAHB, we didn't) and the interminable wait for each of them to come on. Just four bands in what felt like nine or ten hours is some going. Especially when you spent all your money on a programme and have nothing to eat. They could fit that kind of bill in a Sunday night at the Roundhouse (though three bands was more common). Not a bad day out for my second gig-going experience though.

we stayed all day, from about 2.30. god knows how we got through them other 3 bands.
i'd heard of ace, think they had an album out called 5 a side.
the other two...gryphon was the better of the two, and seals and croft i don't even remember them playing.
all a distant memory now, but your right, we missed out on the sensational alex harvey band, just for their mentalness.

YES @ LOFTUS ROAD 1975 on 22:53 - Sep 12 with 1090 viewsBoston

On the pitch...

YES @ LOFTUS ROAD 1975 on 08:14 - Sep 13 with 1041 viewsDevon_4_England

How big was the crowd for the YES gig?

How did it compare to the Barry McGuigan crowd ten years later?

Surprised we didn’t have more boxing/non-football events at Loftus Road during our plastic pitch era after the success of the McGuigan fight.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 14:52]
YES @ LOFTUS ROAD 1975 on 11:22 - Sep 13 with 929 viewsPastCaringNW2

Might be false memory but the number 28,000 comes to mind.
YES @ LOFTUS ROAD 1975 on 15:04 - Sep 13 with 844 viewsBoston

Great question re attendance, I've got no idea, neither do I have a clue what the crowd was for McGuigan, which I was also at.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024