Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off 00:57 - Oct 27 with 5646 viewsDannyPaddox

Weller eventually said it was a tribute to Harrison

Prince gets Edgy

This thread blatantly a tribute/ rip-off to the 'covers' thread.

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 07:40 - Jan 19 with 1183 viewsDorse

My favourite is Status Quo's 'Down Down' copying the melody from their own 'Pictures Of Matchstick Men'. Never noticed it until Rossi himself pointed it out in an interview. To be fair, he did say that, as he was writing it, it was unintentional but when he realised he thought 'sod it'. Good call - his only number one. Maybe less of a rip off, more of a self-Spackman?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 9:10]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 07:55 - Jan 19 with 1167 viewsqprxtc

Drum part nicked by New Radicals from XTC cost them £70,000.
Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 08:53 - Jan 19 with 1145 viewsDannyPaddox

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 07:55 - Jan 19 by qprxtc

Drum part nicked by New Radicals from XTC cost them £70,000.

Funny you mention New Radicals. Was just reading they will be re-uniting for a one off gig - the Biden inauguration thing - to play the one song that was a hit about 20 years (that until recently I always thought was World Party)

Love the corny first line:

Wake up, kids, we got the dreamers disease

I can imagine the songwriter this very moment updating this part of the lyric:

Health insurance, rip-off flying
FDA, big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes, run to your mansions
Come around, we'll kick your asses!

Qanon, Steven Bannon, Rudy Giuliani, and the MyPillow Guy all deserve an ass-kicking. And that’s just from the last week. MyPillow, my word what a fcuking dramatis personae of ghouls and fcukwits four years of Trump has brought to the surface. You couldn’t make it up.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 11:17]
Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 09:14 - Jan 19 with 1133 viewsqprxtc

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 08:53 - Jan 19 by DannyPaddox

Funny you mention New Radicals. Was just reading they will be re-uniting for a one off gig - the Biden inauguration thing - to play the one song that was a hit about 20 years (that until recently I always thought was World Party)

Love the corny first line:

Wake up, kids, we got the dreamers disease

I can imagine the songwriter this very moment updating this part of the lyric:

Health insurance, rip-off flying
FDA, big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes, run to your mansions
Come around, we'll kick your asses!

Qanon, Steven Bannon, Rudy Giuliani, and the MyPillow Guy all deserve an ass-kicking. And that’s just from the last week. MyPillow, my word what a fcuking dramatis personae of ghouls and fcukwits four years of Trump has brought to the surface. You couldn’t make it up.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 11:17]

You Get What You Give is one of my all time favourite songs of all time. Makes me feel happy which makes me happy. Magnificent song.

I was only thinking yesterday I don’t know anything by World Party apart from Karl was in The Waterboys and they had a song called World Party. Who said pop will eat itself?

What’s MyPillow? Never heard of it until now. By your explanation, I don’t think I want to know.

This whole damn world can fall apart......
Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 09:36 - Jan 19 with 1120 viewsBrianWilson

and

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 10:43 - Jan 19 with 1095 viewsDannyPaddox

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 09:36 - Jan 19 by BrianWilson

and

Nice to see you on here Brian. Did you manage to get any money out of Brucie for that one?
Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 10:46 - Jan 19 with 1093 viewsqueensparker

and

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 10:46 - Jan 19 with 1092 viewsqueensparker

and

Login to get fewer ads

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 10:55 - Jan 19 with 1086 viewsqueensparker

In his book, Rod The Mod admitted "accidentally" nicking this Brazilian song for Do Ya Think I'm Sexy after he spent a bit of time in Rio. Pretty blatant!

[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 10:55]
Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 11:37 - Jan 19 with 1067 viewsmarkqpr

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 11:06 - Oct 28 by CamberleyR

Another bit of magpie work by Weller

This always reminds me of Dear Prudence by the Beatles.

To really hear it though listen to the Siouxsie And The Banshees version

Might just be a similarity rather than a direct lift, but every time I hear the ELO version I half expect Siouxsie to come in on the vocals!

This one is just obvious and well known:

Lorde, oh Lord........

And do we really need to pick out Oasis tracks, surely their entire career is just an obvious and terrible pastiche of 60s and 70s rock bands?
Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 12:56 - Jan 19 with 1030 viewsPeterHucker

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 10:55 - Jan 19 by queensparker

In his book, Rod The Mod admitted "accidentally" nicking this Brazilian song for Do Ya Think I'm Sexy after he spent a bit of time in Rio. Pretty blatant!

[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 10:55]

Yep, still as blatant as it was when I posted it on page 1.
Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 13:11 - Jan 19 with 1024 viewsqueensparker

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 12:56 - Jan 19 by PeterHucker

Yep, still as blatant as it was when I posted it on page 1.

Doh

Home-schooling is addling my brain that’s my excuse
Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 14:42 - Jan 19 with 995 viewsBrianWilson

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 10:43 - Jan 19 by DannyPaddox

Nice to see you on here Brian. Did you manage to get any money out of Brucie for that one?

haha, Mike Love stole it from Bruce. Brian is innocent

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 15:01 - Jan 19 with 990 viewstoboboly

This

Always thought was ripped by this

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 15:42 - Jan 19 with 970 viewsCamberleyR

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 15:47 - Jan 20 with 914 viewsBathRanger

Arguably a very obvious one:

And perhaps a not as obvious one:

Think they both ended up in lawsuits
Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 19:48 - Jan 30 with 873 viewsCamberleyR

Another Noel Gallagher one...

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 19:59 - Jan 30 with 869 viewsCiderwithRsie

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 19:48 - Jan 30 by CamberleyR

Another Noel Gallagher one...

The Gallaghers should be banned from this thread, it'd be harder to find an Oasis song that was original.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024