Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford.... 19:30 - Dec 28 with 12963 viewsGloucs_R

Unbelievable.... This is how you run a club...

Ollie Watkins: £1.8m ➡️ £28m
Neal Maupay: £1.8m ➡️ £20m
Said Benrahma: £1.5m ➡️ £25m
Ezri Konsa: £2.5m ➡️ £12m
Chris Mepham: academy ➡️ £12.25m
Andre Gray: £550k ➡️ £11m
Scott Hogan: £850k ➡️ £9.5m
Jota: £1.35m ➡️ £5.85m
Ryan Woods: £1.2m ➡️ £4.5m

Unreal business #BrentfordFC https://t.co/k2V9pXj9gB

Poll: Are we staying up?

Brentford.... on 19:32 - Dec 28 with 6531 viewsGloucs_R

Eze...Free ➡️ £18m
Freeman...?
Manning...?
Smithies...?

Anyone else we've done well out of in the past few years?

Brentford.... on 19:33 - Dec 28 with 6511 viewshantssi

Yep, no arguing with that, pretty impressive, perhaps second only to Liverpool’s feeder club Southampton!
Brentford.... on 20:26 - Dec 28 with 6321 viewsLowerloftLad

furlong free sold 1.5mill
eze free sold 19mill
Freeman 500k sold 5mill
manning 67k sold 250k fee paid up front
smithes went for 4mill

bos was brought in for 1mill and i still think we will make a 2/3mill profit on that

considering we were actually having to pay players to leave just a few years ago would suggest we are moving in the right direction transfer wise

the next profitable player will be chair

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Brentford.... on 20:36 - Dec 28 with 6264 viewsbosh67

Brentford.... on 20:26 - Dec 28 by LowerloftLad

furlong free sold 1.5mill
eze free sold 19mill
Freeman 500k sold 5mill
manning 67k sold 250k fee paid up front
smithes went for 4mill

bos was brought in for 1mill and i still think we will make a 2/3mill profit on that

considering we were actually having to pay players to leave just a few years ago would suggest we are moving in the right direction transfer wise

the next profitable player will be chair

BOS was bought for £90K!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Brentford.... on 20:39 - Dec 28 with 6241 viewsHastings_Hoops

Absolutely - this is nothing new either!..
Seaman, Parker, Peacock, Ferdinand, SInton (the irony), Sinclair, Impey and so on.

the penny has dropped and we’re seeing the reward...
Furlong (free) > £2m to West Brom...
Freeman (£500k) > £5m to Sheff Utd...
Eze (free) > £19m to Palace
...we have to stick with it or the past two years is all for nothing

The twitter griping really annoys me - it’s our impatient /petulant ‘new’ fans that will De-rail this realignment if we’re not careful.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2020 20:45]
Brentford.... on 20:55 - Dec 28 with 6172 views1JD

Brentford.... on 20:36 - Dec 28 by bosh67

BOS was bought for £90K!

The fee was undisclosed but he had a year left on his contract and was being coveted by several clubs at the time.

We had a couple of offers around the 750k mark rejected at the time until we did the deal.

Alan Nixon a respected journalist is quoted in this article back then.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/the72.co.uk/89398/qpr-750k-bid-blackpool-star-rej

Certainly was not 90k! And more around the 1m mark.
Brentford.... on 21:05 - Dec 28 with 6117 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

This is old news.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Brentford.... on 21:12 - Dec 28 with 6075 viewsHoopsarrr

Can we stop comparing the Brentford model to ours. People are obsessed. They do their thing and we do ours. Both very profitable in their own right. 6 years ago we didn’t have a single decent academy or youth player coming through and sold for big money. Eze was the first and now we have BOS (who we bought for £250k from Blackpool) being lined up for a big money move. Dieng, Dickie, Kelman, Dyckes will go onto bigger clubs for bigger fees than we paid. People forget, Brentford owners also own Midtjylland - both feed players to each club. I’m sure if we had similar we’d be doing much better. Ramsey is doing a great job with the U23. Fickle fans see otherwise.
Login to get fewer ads

Brentford.... on 21:27 - Dec 28 with 6011 viewsGloucs_R

Brentford.... on 21:12 - Dec 28 by Hoopsarrr

Can we stop comparing the Brentford model to ours. People are obsessed. They do their thing and we do ours. Both very profitable in their own right. 6 years ago we didn’t have a single decent academy or youth player coming through and sold for big money. Eze was the first and now we have BOS (who we bought for £250k from Blackpool) being lined up for a big money move. Dieng, Dickie, Kelman, Dyckes will go onto bigger clubs for bigger fees than we paid. People forget, Brentford owners also own Midtjylland - both feed players to each club. I’m sure if we had similar we’d be doing much better. Ramsey is doing a great job with the U23. Fickle fans see otherwise.

Why should we stop comparing ourselves to those around us? They've done some phenomenal business over the last few years and should absolutely be praised for that..

We've not done too badly either.

They seem to be able to invest their money really well, something I am hoping that we can emulate.

Brentford.... on 21:32 - Dec 28 with 5979 viewsHastings_Hoops

Brentford.... on 21:27 - Dec 28 by Gloucs_R

Why should we stop comparing ourselves to those around us? They've done some phenomenal business over the last few years and should absolutely be praised for that..

They seem to be able to invest their money really well, something I am hoping that we can emulate.

It was our model in the first place!!!

Marsh > Bowles > Allen > Bannister > Seaman > Parker > Sinton > Peacock > Ferdinand > Sinclair
[Post edited 28 Dec 2020 21:34]
Brentford.... on 21:33 - Dec 28 with 5963 viewsGloucs_R

Brentford.... on 21:32 - Dec 28 by Hastings_Hoops

Marsh > Bowles > Allen > Bannister > Seaman > Parker > Sinton > Peacock > Ferdinand > Sinclair

I remember.

I also remember them and Fulham being our feeder club 😧

Brentford.... on 21:35 - Dec 28 with 5946 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Brentford.... on 21:32 - Dec 28 by Hastings_Hoops

Well no. I seem to remember Mr Fernandes preferred the Fulham model to the Brentford model.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2020 21:36]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Brentford.... on 21:41 - Dec 28 with 5912 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

How many of those were signed by Warburton out of interest?

It took a long long time, and plenty of League One football for them to get there by the way.
Brentford.... on 21:43 - Dec 28 with 5892 viewsNewBee

Brentford.... on 21:12 - Dec 28 by Hoopsarrr

"People forget, Brentford owners also own Midtjylland - both feed players to each club"

Not actually the case. In the 6 seasons since Benham became majority owner of FCM, Bees have lent them 2 or 3 players and borrowed 2 or 3 more, but all were teenagers, with none of them deemed good enough for either club long-term.
(He also lent Marcondes to FCM to get him back to fitness after a bad injury)

Aiui, Benham wants each club to stand on its own feet, meaning he doesn't want to sell FCM Brentford's rejects; nor can FCM afford our best players; nor will he weaken FCM by taking their best players.

And if Bees have benefited by signing players from other Danish clubs, which they have, it presumably comes from having a Danish Head Coach and a Danish Joint DoF (Ankerson):
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/27/how-fc-midtjylland-analytical-r
Brentford.... on 21:45 - Dec 28 with 5880 viewsHastings_Hoops

Brentford.... on 21:35 - Dec 28 by CliveWilsonSaid

Well no. I seem to remember Mr Fernandes preferred the Fulham model to the Brentford model.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2020 21:36]

I think my point may have been lost on you?..

QPR pre-date the Briatore / Fernandes era (see the list of players in my post above). We are returning to our model of the 60’s through to the 90’s... a model that brentfart have very recently latched on to and executed relatively well.
Brentford.... on 21:49 - Dec 28 with 5865 viewsGloucs_R

Brentford.... on 21:41 - Dec 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

How many of those were signed by Warburton out of interest?

It took a long long time, and plenty of League One football for them to get there by the way.

How many of our signings this season has he actually been responsible for as well? Nobody really knows I guess.

Brentford.... on 22:22 - Dec 28 with 5726 viewsHoopsarrr

Brentford.... on 21:43 - Dec 28 by NewBee

"People forget, Brentford owners also own Midtjylland - both feed players to each club"

Not actually the case. In the 6 seasons since Benham became majority owner of FCM, Bees have lent them 2 or 3 players and borrowed 2 or 3 more, but all were teenagers, with none of them deemed good enough for either club long-term.
(He also lent Marcondes to FCM to get him back to fitness after a bad injury)

Aiui, Benham wants each club to stand on its own feet, meaning he doesn't want to sell FCM Brentford's rejects; nor can FCM afford our best players; nor will he weaken FCM by taking their best players.

And if Bees have benefited by signing players from other Danish clubs, which they have, it presumably comes from having a Danish Head Coach and a Danish Joint DoF (Ankerson):
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/27/how-fc-midtjylland-analytical-r

Not actually the case. Do you need to split hairs here? They run a similar model in both clubs and would of course lend and borrow when they can. Case and point, they do it.
Brentford.... on 22:26 - Dec 28 with 5713 viewsHoopsarrr

Brentford.... on 21:27 - Dec 28 by Gloucs_R

Because those comparing seem to discourage the hard work we’ve done in the last 6 years. Whilst we were pissing money at the wall in the prem, they were quietly going about their business. We’ve just seen our first real prospect go for big money. There’s more to come. We’re years behind them but where we are currently are, I’d take this set up everyday over the shambles witnessed in our latter prem days.
Brentford.... on 22:43 - Dec 28 with 5632 viewsNewBee

Brentford.... on 22:22 - Dec 28 by Hoopsarrr

Not actually the case. Do you need to split hairs here? They run a similar model in both clubs and would of course lend and borrow when they can. Case and point, they do it.

You characterised them as "feeding" players between the two clubs. My point was that there hasn't been one permanent transfer between the two clubs, either way.

And of the very few loans (ave 1 teenager per season) none has been a first team player, bar Marcondes (ex-Nordsjaelland), who was permitted to recover from injury in his home country, before returning to BFC when fit again.
(I might have added that BFC have now stopped borrowing players entirely, whether from FCM or elsewhere).

Therefore the two clubs are run as stand-alone entities, with the common ownership being coincidental bar the transfer of ideas.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2020 22:47]
Brentford.... on 22:55 - Dec 28 with 5604 viewsGroveR

I would take Benham as owner ahead of that entire group of players in a heartbeat.
Brentford.... on 23:18 - Dec 28 with 5526 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Brentford.... on 22:55 - Dec 28 by GroveR

I would take Benham as owner ahead of that entire group of players in a heartbeat.

Don’t forgot the supporters trust being on the board:

https://www.beesunited.org.uk/
Brentford.... on 23:53 - Dec 28 with 5458 viewsGroveR

Brentford.... on 23:18 - Dec 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

Don’t forgot the supporters trust being on the board:

https://www.beesunited.org.uk/

I'm not but who do we put on the board? The LSA? .org? Clive? You? Me?

We're as divided a fanbase as you'll ever see because everyone only wants the best for QPR but there's a hundred different views on how we get there.
Brentford.... on 23:53 - Dec 28 with 5452 viewsNewBee

Actually I've just has a look at the OP (bought 9 players for £16m, sold for £127m) and realise it's left out a good few more deals over the last 7 seasons which add up pretty well, too.

No particular order:
Dallas: £70k/£1.3m
Grigg: £400k/£1m
Odubajo: £1m/£3.5m
Tarkowski: £250k/£3.5m
Yennaris: £100k/£5m
Vibe: £1.2m/£2m
Josefzoon: £250k/£2.8m
Egan: £500k/£4m
Jota: £1.35m/£6m
= £5m/£29m total.
(The above were the signing fees, afaik there were some add-ons and sell-ons achieved as well)

They also received c.£11.4m total for Button (£1m), Forshaw (£2m), Bentley (£2m), Dean (£2.2m), Colin (£2m), Kirschbaumer (£900k) and ahem Bidwell (£1.3m). I'm not sure how much they paid for them, but I doubt it was more than £5m.

On the minus side we paid £630k for some guy named Barbet, then let him go on a free.
Brentford.... on 23:56 - Dec 28 with 5446 viewsrsonist

Brentford.... on 21:05 - Dec 28 by CliveWilsonSaid

This is old news.

Nothing's too old when it's stirring time.
Brentford.... on 00:17 - Dec 29 with 5405 viewsBoston

Brentford.... on 23:56 - Dec 28 by rsonist

Nothing's too old when it's stirring time.

When it’s snowing, we move on to flake news.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024