Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why game on Wednesday 21:59 - Nov 22 with 2220 viewsthehat

Does anyone know why we are playing on Wednesday instead of our normal Tuesday night?
Why game on Wednesday on 22:04 - Nov 22 with 2186 viewsstowmarketrange

Sky I think as they like to spread the midweek games over 2 nights for red button coverage.Maybe it was our turn to be forced to play on Wednesday instead?
I’ve just seen that there are 7 games on Wednesday but only 5 on Tuesday,So maybe it’s SW6 being at home on Tuesday in the chumpions league?
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 22:13]
Why game on Wednesday on 22:36 - Nov 22 with 2045 viewsHastings_Hoops

Certainly not a bad thing, especially as Derby match is on the Monday. Warbs will certainly have time on the training pitch for this run of games.
Why game on Wednesday on 00:24 - Nov 23 with 1874 viewsNorthernr

Championship now split equally over Tuesday and Wednesday night every midweek. Sky.

Once again, if I'm not mistaken, the can contained tomato paste.
Why game on Wednesday on 14:34 - Nov 23 with 1294 viewsPinnerPaul

Even MW grudgingly admitted this gives us more time between games - both at home as well.

That doesn't fit in with the 989 miles a week and 7 games in 9 days narrative, so will be quietly forgotten when we have to actually travel to away games - who would have thought?

Yes, yes its OTT - sorry!
Why game on Wednesday on 16:26 - Nov 23 with 1172 viewsstowmarketrange

Why game on Wednesday on 14:34 - Nov 23 by PinnerPaul

Even MW grudgingly admitted this gives us more time between games - both at home as well.

That doesn't fit in with the 989 miles a week and 7 games in 9 days narrative, so will be quietly forgotten when we have to actually travel to away games - who would have thought?

Yes, yes its OTT - sorry!

I don’t know why they always lump 2 games together?Either 2 at home or 2 away seems to be the pattern over the last few seasons.
One bloke with a pen and paper seemed to work better than a computer and a bloke pressing buttons.And surely it has to affect crowd figures as not everyone can afford 2 games in the space of 4-5 days.
Why game on Wednesday on 16:47 - Nov 23 with 1129 viewsPinnerPaul

Why game on Wednesday on 16:26 - Nov 23 by stowmarketrange

I don’t know why they always lump 2 games together?Either 2 at home or 2 away seems to be the pattern over the last few seasons.
One bloke with a pen and paper seemed to work better than a computer and a bloke pressing buttons.And surely it has to affect crowd figures as not everyone can afford 2 games in the space of 4-5 days.

Many factors to take into account I guess when compiling the fixtures.

Tomorrow - school/work the next day I would have thought would have more effect on the crowd than the cost - probably lots of different factors tbf.
Why game on Wednesday on 19:07 - Nov 23 with 976 viewsDavieQPR

Why game on Wednesday on 16:26 - Nov 23 by stowmarketrange

Otherwise teams would have only Saturday or only midweek games at home.
Why game on Wednesday on 19:29 - Nov 23 with 936 viewsstowmarketrange

Why game on Wednesday on 19:07 - Nov 23 by DavieQPR

Otherwise teams would have only Saturday or only midweek games at home.

It’s not every week that there is a midweek game so it would even itself out over the season.

Being a sad b@stard I just worked out that the way they do it now by lumping 2 games together either home or away,we get get 16 Saturday home games and 7 midweek.We get 16 away games on Saturdays and 7 midweek.Obviously that’s before Sky get involved.
If we played home then away every time in sequence,we’d have 16 Saturday home games and 7 midweek home games.We’d have 16 Saturday away games and 7 midweek away games.

So there is no difference if we played alternately on the same allocated match days as we were supposed to do now.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2021 20:05]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024