Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Different Traditions 21:58 - Dec 24 with 1331 viewsBoston

My associates of Italian heritage are having their big dinner this evening, yeah Christmas Eve is their thing, though it may be more of a Sicilian thing, dunno.
Rick, who’s of German descent, he exchanges gifts on Christmas Eve, but the meal is tomorrow. Then the Dutch open their presents on the 12th day, which is January 6th.

We’re all over the show, anyone got any interesting twists on Yuletide?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Different Traditions on 01:05 - Dec 25 with 1174 viewsMetallica_Hoop

In Venezuela Chistmas eve is the day they celebrate.

I was told why but I've forgotten.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Different Traditions on 03:03 - Dec 25 with 1149 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Italian-Americans do Feast of the Seven Fishes on Xmas Eve. I say Italian-Americans because as far as I know it's not a thing in Italy.

Regardless, linguine with calamari scallops and shrimp, pan-fried haddock, fried smelts. Been in a food coma for a few hours.
Different Traditions on 12:33 - Dec 25 with 985 viewshantssi

Good pal of mine growing up was of Polish descent and did the Christmas Eve thing, was never allowed out to The Century with us that evening, was more than his life was worth!
[Post edited 25 Dec 2021 12:34]
Different Traditions on 12:41 - Dec 25 with 971 viewsMedwayR

I believe the Spanish traditionally gave presents on 6th Jan (day the 3 wise men gave their gifts to baby Jesus?), but now they celebrate on 25th Dec or both dates which seems a better idea.

Poll: Who’s better?

Different Traditions on 23:01 - Dec 25 with 795 viewsLazyFan

Makes sense to me, give the kiddies the presents on the Eve, send them to bed happy, then tomorrow when wake up they have plenty to do whilst you can have sleep in on your day off.

zzzzzzzzzz

Different Traditions on 23:11 - Dec 25 with 781 viewsMrSheen

Different Traditions on 12:33 - Dec 25 by hantssi

Good pal of mine growing up was of Polish descent and did the Christmas Eve thing, was never allowed out to The Century with us that evening, was more than his life was worth!
[Post edited 25 Dec 2021 12:34]

My wife’s best friend’s family were Polish, always used to go their house off Pitshanger Lane on Christmas Eve. Bison grass vodka and poppy seed cake all round.
Different Traditions on 23:29 - Dec 25 with 766 viewsBrazilNutR

Common in Brazil to have the big meal at midnight on the xmas eve... Never adopted this tradition, and doesn't seem very young child friendly.. especially as my kids were up at 6am today...
Different Traditions on 00:38 - Dec 26 with 709 viewsBoston

Different Traditions on 23:29 - Dec 25 by BrazilNutR

Common in Brazil to have the big meal at midnight on the xmas eve... Never adopted this tradition, and doesn't seem very young child friendly.. especially as my kids were up at 6am today...

Brazil's...bags of them in our house every year when I was a kid My old man cracking his nuts (ooh matron), is a vivid recollection of mine. Hardly seen 'em for years, when I do, they taste sugary. What's going on, we should be told?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024