Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Losing Twice at the Same Ground in One Season 11:04 - Feb 7 with 4676 viewseastside_r

Following on from the ‘repeats’ match report, it got me wondering if and when this has happened before. Given our record in the cups, I am sure it must have done. This was the first time I can remember visiting an away ground in the same season twice and seeing us lose both times?

Possibly Blackburn 2011/12?

Anyone?
Losing Twice at the Same Ground in One Season on 12:38 - Feb 8 with 639 viewsAirtomoreira

Surely a rarer beast would be grounds where we've WON twice in the same season. Any offers?
Losing Twice at the Same Ground in One Season on 12:51 - Feb 8 with 604 viewsCamberleyR

Losing Twice at the Same Ground in One Season on 09:46 - Feb 8 by terryb

Peterborough in 1964/65 & 2021/22 plus Old Trafford in 1976/77 & 1990/91.

I had a feeling that we had lost a few times up there in the FA Cup & Gordon Macey confirmed this.

EDIT - I see Camberley had already mentioned Manchester United & that ozranger had told us about The Posh.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 10:06]

That means we've lost twice in a season at Old Trafford three times then.
76/77, 90/91 and 94/95.

In response to The Chef, I checked our results against Forest and amazingly given our abysmal record there, 77/78 was the only time we've lost twice in a season there.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Losing Twice at the Same Ground in One Season on 12:59 - Feb 8 with 594 viewsSuffolkHoop

Losing Twice at the Same Ground in One Season on 17:30 - Feb 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Good point.

But what about Europe! You could play the same team another three times in the Europa League!
[Post edited 7 Feb 2022 20:38]

So in theory, with two league cup legs:

Championship league match - 2x
Championship playoffs - 2x
FA Cup with replay - 2x
League Cup 2 legs - 2x

Now if in the previous season both sides had qualified for the Europa league:

Europa League group - 2x
Europa league final - 1x

Is that right? So we're up to 11 competitive games as the max possible.
Losing Twice at the Same Ground in One Season on 13:02 - Feb 8 with 591 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Losing Twice at the Same Ground in One Season on 12:59 - Feb 8 by SuffolkHoop

So in theory, with two league cup legs:

Championship league match - 2x
Championship playoffs - 2x
FA Cup with replay - 2x
League Cup 2 legs - 2x

Now if in the previous season both sides had qualified for the Europa league:

Europa League group - 2x
Europa league final - 1x

Is that right? So we're up to 11 competitive games as the max possible.

Let's fcking hope it's not Peterborough.
Losing Twice at the Same Ground in One Season on 13:12 - Feb 8 with 578 viewsCamberleyR

Losing Twice at the Same Ground in One Season on 12:38 - Feb 8 by Airtomoreira

Surely a rarer beast would be grounds where we've WON twice in the same season. Any offers?

Huddersfield's McAlpine Stadium as it was then in 96/97. We won in the league up there 2-1 just before Christmas and then won a 3rd round FA Cup replay a few weeks later.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 13:13]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024