Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP 14:44 - Feb 7 with 1979 viewsPinnerPaul

Just received this sad news from my local Referees' association secretary.Just thought some of you may have known Alan, so thought I would post it. Didn't know him myself.

"We have just been informed that Alan Jefferiss (aka AJ), a Harrow RA member for over 25 years, passed away in Northwick Park Hospital last Sunday, 30th January.
In 2015 his mother with whom he had lived, passed away and in 2016 AJ moved from Christchurch Avenue, Kenton to a flat in Lime Close, Stanmore where he lived on his own.
He was a lifelong fanatical QPR fan and as a season ticket holder regularly attended matches at Loftus Road with his close friend, Steve Penny. He keenly watched Match of the Day and would often ring me with details of match incidents he had seen on TV for potential discussion at the next Harrow RA meeting.
Unfortunately, he was made redundant in August 2019 when the warehouse where he really enjoyed working ceased trading. Harrow RA was able to help out with a £100 grant from our funds and he later received a grant from the Referees' Association's Benevolent Fund to help out while he looked for a new job, which because of the advent of the pandemic he never found.
Recently he had had a difficult couple of years including several Hospital admissions and then spending several months in a Care Home in Ruislip. After he returned home I advised him on how to renew his Safeguarding Children qualification with the help of a friend who had a laptop, so that he could re-register as a referee for this season.
Since well before Christmas both I and fellow member Roy Webber hadn't been able to contact him on his mobile, despite regularly trying to do so. Then out of the blue yesterday Steve Penny, knowing that he was a Harrow referee, looked me up online and rang me to tell me the sad news that AJ had passed away, having had a stroke in December.
I understand that AJ's Funeral service will be held at Breakspear Crematorium on Friday 25th February at 2.15 p.m. I will pass on further details when available."
RIP on 15:05 - Feb 7 with 1873 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Heartbreaking story PinnerPaul hope he is at peace and re_united with his Mother .RIP
RIP on 15:42 - Feb 7 with 1736 viewsfrancisbowles

I didn't know Alan but sorry to hear of the passing of a fellow R and your colleague, Pinner.
RIP on 15:47 - Feb 7 with 1718 viewsbrad

rest in peace ......fellow R
RIP on 16:06 - Feb 7 with 1661 viewsPinnerPaul

RIP on 15:05 - Feb 7 by CLAREMAN1995

Heartbreaking story PinnerPaul hope he is at peace and re_united with his Mother .RIP

Yes very sad, devoted to his Mum and our club, that's not a bad thing to say about someone is it?
RIP on 16:54 - Feb 7 with 1552 viewsHarbour

RIP Alan thoughts with his family and friends.
RIP on 18:21 - Feb 7 with 1403 viewsthemodfather

RIP
RIP on 18:53 - Feb 7 with 1352 viewsPaddyhoops

RIP.
RIP on 23:25 - Feb 7 with 1081 viewsBrianMcCarthy

RIP.
Condolences to all who knew and loved him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

RIP on 23:29 - Feb 7 with 1076 viewsNorthernr

RIP to the fella, thoughts with those he left behind.
RIP on 02:07 - Feb 8 with 1007 viewsbob566

Sorry to hear that PP. It always amazes me how some people slip into decline at the loss of a loved one. In this case the lads mum. RIP.
RIP on 12:05 - Feb 8 with 852 viewswestberksr

RIP, sounds like a decent chap
RIP on 12:14 - Feb 8 with 826 viewsSuperhoop83

RIP.

Suffering since 1978.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024