Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred 13:39 - Apr 5 with 30434 viewsozranger

About to get 2pm train. We're going to go fighting in this one. Two attackers and our old team back.

2-0 win
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 22:34 - Apr 5 with 1503 viewsessextaxiboy

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 22:15 - Apr 5 by wortonranger

For starters Walsh is injured. I’ve watched a couple of U23 games recently and trust me, none of the players you name are anywhere near the answer. The better ones are on loan.
There is the basis of a side here, but someone needs to move on, probably Seni as he at least isn’t part of the current shambles . Two new decent prospects in plus 2/3 promising loans and we may have another chance.

Bettache and Duke Mkenna have played for the first team and did well . (That's why I typed "if fit")
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 22:35 - Apr 5 with 1497 viewsHunterhoop

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 22:26 - Apr 5 by davman

Tom, utter bollox on Chair. He is giving energy, determination effort, but when he looks up, he has Dykes and Gray to aim for and they are never in space, or in Dykes' case, no point passing to him 'cos he can' t control the ball.

He is NOT the problem here, but you are always digging him out.

Absolutely the least of our problems.

Disagree.

Grey made a great run first half in a 2 on 2 break, peeling off at the back post, Chair didn’t look up and cross it, but cut inside and shot wide. Grey gave him an earful.

And what have Linekar and Shearer said about forwards many times. If your teammates don’t pass you the ball and play it early, you stop making runs. It becomes a vicious circle.

As I’ve said elsewhere, I think he’s trying and I think he’s talented, and he has been superb for us at times over the last few years. But I think he’s playing badly, and results have gone south sharply since he returned. I don’t think he’s as good as you obviously think. I think he’s part of the problem at the minute. I don’t know why. Maybe he’s just out of form.

But I cannot comprehend how anyone thinks his performances are “fine” or “the least of our worries” at the moment. He’s meant to be our creative, goal scoring no. 10. We’re barely getting any shots on target at the minute. I don’t compare him to our left back, or holding midfielder, or keeper… I compare him to other players in his position in the league, and players who have played recently for us there. He’s not playing well and we’re not scoring. Surely that is a problem, Dav?!
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 23:20 - Apr 5 with 1312 viewsdavman

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 22:35 - Apr 5 by Hunterhoop

Disagree.

Grey made a great run first half in a 2 on 2 break, peeling off at the back post, Chair didn’t look up and cross it, but cut inside and shot wide. Grey gave him an earful.

And what have Linekar and Shearer said about forwards many times. If your teammates don’t pass you the ball and play it early, you stop making runs. It becomes a vicious circle.

As I’ve said elsewhere, I think he’s trying and I think he’s talented, and he has been superb for us at times over the last few years. But I think he’s playing badly, and results have gone south sharply since he returned. I don’t think he’s as good as you obviously think. I think he’s part of the problem at the minute. I don’t know why. Maybe he’s just out of form.

But I cannot comprehend how anyone thinks his performances are “fine” or “the least of our worries” at the moment. He’s meant to be our creative, goal scoring no. 10. We’re barely getting any shots on target at the minute. I don’t compare him to our left back, or holding midfielder, or keeper… I compare him to other players in his position in the league, and players who have played recently for us there. He’s not playing well and we’re not scoring. Surely that is a problem, Dav?!

If he was the ONLY problem, maybe, but I still stand by the fact that he is the least of our worries.

Field is in there to be a ball winner and he does that. Hendrick / Johansen are meant to be our deep play makers - hmmmmmmm.

Dykes, Gray and Austin are meant to be our goalscorers or at least the ones who hold up the ball to bring players like Chair in and hmmmmmmmmmm.

Adomah and Wallace are meant to be the outlet to provide crosses and hmmmmm...

Warburton and his coaching team can see the season disintegrating before our eyes, so surely they need to change something... hmmmmm.

So Illias may hold on to the ball a little too long and may not be carrying the team by himself. Maybe he doesn't look as effective as other 10s in the league at the moment, but even Messi would look off colour if he had Dykes, Gray or Austin in front of him.

Is he playing great? No, but is he the worst player currently? Hell NO.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 23:28 - Apr 5 with 1285 viewsHunterhoop

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 23:20 - Apr 5 by davman

If he was the ONLY problem, maybe, but I still stand by the fact that he is the least of our worries.

Field is in there to be a ball winner and he does that. Hendrick / Johansen are meant to be our deep play makers - hmmmmmmm.

Dykes, Gray and Austin are meant to be our goalscorers or at least the ones who hold up the ball to bring players like Chair in and hmmmmmmmmmm.

Adomah and Wallace are meant to be the outlet to provide crosses and hmmmmm...

Warburton and his coaching team can see the season disintegrating before our eyes, so surely they need to change something... hmmmmm.

So Illias may hold on to the ball a little too long and may not be carrying the team by himself. Maybe he doesn't look as effective as other 10s in the league at the moment, but even Messi would look off colour if he had Dykes, Gray or Austin in front of him.

Is he playing great? No, but is he the worst player currently? Hell NO.

Calm down, Dav. I’ve never said he’s the only problem or that he’s the worst player. That’s just straw man BS. Take a breath.

He is meant to be our no. 10 and key creative player. He’s not playing well. We’re not creating. He is certainly a big problem, one of many.

This doesn’t mean I think he’s sh*t or should be cast out or whatever other nonsense you want to make up. But we’re all looking at why things have gone awry and I think he was one of the reasons.

Because of his role in the team, it is important. I really hope he can find form, improve his game and help us improve results (this season and next). But just because he’s not the only problem or our worst player, doesn’t mean his performances shouldn’t be raised. It would be a narrow conversation if we only discussed the worst player (and an easy problem to solve).
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 23:34 - Apr 5 with 1257 viewsNorthernr

It's just so dull. Among the many things I don't get is how we've gone from front foot, play to win, to this dire, dreary, boring team. Six minutes added tonight, we spent the first three of those fannying about in our own half. I bet they were delighted.

I'm very, very bored at our games atm. This one was very like Blackburn - a long way to be bored. I honestly wish I hadn't left my book in the car.
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 23:36 - Apr 5 with 1240 viewsdavman

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 23:28 - Apr 5 by Hunterhoop

Calm down, Dav. I’ve never said he’s the only problem or that he’s the worst player. That’s just straw man BS. Take a breath.

He is meant to be our no. 10 and key creative player. He’s not playing well. We’re not creating. He is certainly a big problem, one of many.

This doesn’t mean I think he’s sh*t or should be cast out or whatever other nonsense you want to make up. But we’re all looking at why things have gone awry and I think he was one of the reasons.

Because of his role in the team, it is important. I really hope he can find form, improve his game and help us improve results (this season and next). But just because he’s not the only problem or our worst player, doesn’t mean his performances shouldn’t be raised. It would be a narrow conversation if we only discussed the worst player (and an easy problem to solve).

I'm calm enough, matey, ta.

I just hate, where we're at. When I was 15 QPR were on their way to a second Wembley Final in 4 years. We were in Europe. We were bloody good to watch and I was dead proud to be a QPR fan and mates and the press were telling us how good we were. My lad is 15 and I wanted him to experience a bit of that. We weren't world beaters earlier this season, but we were getting plaudits and people were taking notice. It was the best we'd been in the time he can remember.

But nah, we can't have that, can we?

It's just QPR, inn'it?

Hope all well, matey, see you soon.
D.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 23:45 - Apr 5 with 1202 viewsVancouverHoop

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 23:28 - Apr 5 by Hunterhoop

I agree regarding Ilias, and said as much in another thread. I think he's missing Willock big time, and the entire team is missing their partnership too. They were at the heart of most of the good things we did offensively before Christmas.

Neither are as good as the sum of their parts, but Chair especially seems as if he's expecting Willock to be there for him every time he has possession. Our decline dates, approximately, from when Chair went off to AFCON. Willock was still productive then – more than Chair is now – but he was better with Ilias close by.

If not saying this is the only reason our results have fallen off a cliff, but it's a significant one.
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 23:49 - Apr 5 with 1185 viewsTacticalR

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 23:45 - Apr 5 by VancouverHoop

I agree regarding Ilias, and said as much in another thread. I think he's missing Willock big time, and the entire team is missing their partnership too. They were at the heart of most of the good things we did offensively before Christmas.

Neither are as good as the sum of their parts, but Chair especially seems as if he's expecting Willock to be there for him every time he has possession. Our decline dates, approximately, from when Chair went off to AFCON. Willock was still productive then – more than Chair is now – but he was better with Ilias close by.

If not saying this is the only reason our results have fallen off a cliff, but it's a significant one.

Fair point. And before Willock Chair had Eze to ping passes off.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 23:58 - Apr 5 with 1166 viewstimeforheroes

Disappointed by how little we produced tonight, not a chance of note, we were playing the team above us in the league though and whilst I understand some frustration was extremely boring listening to people mouthing off at the team/warbs all game despite them not making a significant chance against us either
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 23:58]
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 00:11 - Apr 6 with 1126 viewsLythamR

we can point fingers at various players for poor individual performances, Adomahs crossing was inexplicable today, Chairs body language very poor etc etc but beyond any of that this group of players seem to have completely lost the esprit de corps that allowed them to have such a great 2021
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 00:16 - Apr 6 with 1114 viewsNorthernr

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 00:11 - Apr 6 by LythamR

we can point fingers at various players for poor individual performances, Adomahs crossing was inexplicable today, Chairs body language very poor etc etc but beyond any of that this group of players seem to have completely lost the esprit de corps that allowed them to have such a great 2021

Adomah seems to have just hit a wall the size of a fcking house. Remember when he used to get the final ball right every time? Now it's like he can't lift the ball off the ground, it's like watching an U6 player trying to kick a full size ball.
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 00:27 - Apr 6 with 1084 viewsSK_hoops

A shadow of the player he was v Blackburn earlier in the season.
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 07:46 - Apr 6 with 887 viewsNed_Kennedys

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 00:16 - Apr 6 by Northernr

Adomah seems to have just hit a wall the size of a fcking house. Remember when he used to get the final ball right every time? Now it's like he can't lift the ball off the ground, it's like watching an U6 player trying to kick a full size ball.

Earlier in the season Albert raised his game and you could see his happiness and passion for QPR.
This has clearly been eroded and his performances have dropped.
Symptomatic of the whole squad really and a real shame to see it.
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 07:46 - Apr 6 with 887 viewsHarbour

Poor defending for the goal and looked like Westwood got a hand to it should he have saved it? Poor game we offered little them not much more.
Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 21:44 - Apr 6 with 662 viewslarsricchi

Let's steel this one - Sheffield match fred on 22:35 - Apr 5 by Hunterhoop

Disagree.

That Andre Gray run was included in the club's "highlights" package ... that camera angle certainly showed what could have been.

That said, I continue to root for Ilias Chair and hope that he ups (or re-ups) his game to the level I feel he's capable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024