Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players wages 11:35 - Jun 29 with 6705 viewsstantheman10

If you want to know what the R's players were earning last season visit this website
https://www.capology.com/club/qpr/salaries/
The total players wage bill for the Premier League last season was £1.5 billion!
Players wages on 17:37 - Jun 29 with 2106 viewsNorthernr

Players wages on 16:15 - Jun 29 by aston_hoop

These lists are usually based on whatever the QPR person has guessed someone might be earning on Football Manager right?

Yes.
Players wages on 23:39 - Jun 29 with 1870 viewsLazyFan

A few years ago didn't Les say no one is paid more than £10K per week after we got rid of the last high earners?

I seem to remember something like that. And the n other saying JoJo is paid more than that. Suppose that is true, he's probably on £12K a week.

So, I doubt anyone is on this silly money they keep guessing (like I do) about.

zzzzzzzzzz

Players wages on 02:19 - Jun 30 with 1807 viewsBoston

I don't care, just win London derbies ffs!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Players wages on 03:11 - Jun 30 with 1790 viewsbob566

So we're paying dozell nearly twice as much as Jimmy Dunne. I don't buy that for a minute
Players wages on 07:29 - Jun 30 with 1668 viewsNorthernr

Players wages on 23:39 - Jun 29 by LazyFan

A few years ago didn't Les say no one is paid more than £10K per week after we got rid of the last high earners?

I seem to remember something like that. And the n other saying JoJo is paid more than that. Suppose that is true, he's probably on £12K a week.

So, I doubt anyone is on this silly money they keep guessing (like I do) about.

We had got it to that but sadly it's gone the other way a bit last 18 months.
Players wages on 07:36 - Jun 30 with 1662 viewsdistortR

Players wages on 13:01 - Jun 29 by Northernr

I moderate the board. Reading the posts is kind of part of the gig.

well, there are worse gigs.

see mccartney, p.

Players wages on 12:34 - Jun 30 with 1517 viewsMyke

Players wages on 15:04 - Jun 29 by Northernr

Well in our case it would help us know where we are relative to the rest of the division, whether we're under or over achieving, and how much budget space there's likely to be to strengthen.

You get to hear what some players are on sometimes. But a definitive list is impossible under employment law and stuff like that.

I do think football should be forced to be more open about stuff like this. I think it's a joke that they have to disclose the agent fee on transfers but not the transfer fee. The BBC has to publish its salaries but I guess that's different to a private company, tax payer funded etc.

When I say 'tiresome' I say it because people will just take this stuff as fact and run with it. Absolutely nailed on you'll see people bashing Ferdinand/Nico with "HAMAILAINEN'S ON £8K A WEEK" next season now, when I'd be absolutely astonished if that's anywhere close to the truth.

But we already know where we are relative to the rest of the division based on transfer activity, do we not? Last season I think we were in the bottom 7 in terms of spend, 2020 is was bottom 5 if memory serves. I would imagine that does not change significantly from season to season. The smaller budget clubs by and large struggle (obvious exceptions Luton, Coventry and ourselves). So the likes of Peterboro and Barnsley get relegated (Derby are a unique situation) and they are replaced by the likes of Rotherham who will take their place among the small Championship spenders. At the other end, the big hitters will be promoted and replaced by similar big hitters that have been relegated from the prem. So the status quo remains. The only way this will change for us is incrementally, with the sale of the likes of Willock et al over a number of seasons. Transfers and wages are intrinsically linked - the bigger the 'name' the more he is likely to get paid, so it's not rocket science.
I just don't get this obsession with other people's wages, it is not just sport it's broadcasters, politicians etc. Pure jealousy is all it is. If you ( I don't mean you, Clive, generally) are not happy with what you are earning, re-train and get a better job
Players wages on 14:51 - Jun 30 with 1417 viewsNorthernr

Players wages on 12:34 - Jun 30 by Myke

But we already know where we are relative to the rest of the division based on transfer activity, do we not? Last season I think we were in the bottom 7 in terms of spend, 2020 is was bottom 5 if memory serves. I would imagine that does not change significantly from season to season. The smaller budget clubs by and large struggle (obvious exceptions Luton, Coventry and ourselves). So the likes of Peterboro and Barnsley get relegated (Derby are a unique situation) and they are replaced by the likes of Rotherham who will take their place among the small Championship spenders. At the other end, the big hitters will be promoted and replaced by similar big hitters that have been relegated from the prem. So the status quo remains. The only way this will change for us is incrementally, with the sale of the likes of Willock et al over a number of seasons. Transfers and wages are intrinsically linked - the bigger the 'name' the more he is likely to get paid, so it's not rocket science.
I just don't get this obsession with other people's wages, it is not just sport it's broadcasters, politicians etc. Pure jealousy is all it is. If you ( I don't mean you, Clive, generally) are not happy with what you are earning, re-train and get a better job

As I say, there is no better single indicator of club performance than its wage bill - and that includes transfer spend.

Login to get fewer ads

Players wages on 15:29 - Jun 30 with 1353 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"As I say, there is no better single indicator of club performance than its wage bill - and that includes transfer spend."

Kuper did a world of research on this for one of his earlier books, and came to the same conclusion.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Players wages on 15:36 - Jun 30 with 1346 viewsNorthernr

Players wages on 15:29 - Jun 30 by BrianMcCarthy

"As I say, there is no better single indicator of club performance than its wage bill - and that includes transfer spend."

Kuper did a world of research on this for one of his earlier books, and came to the same conclusion.

Of course, typically, one of the big outliers is early Briatore and early Fernandes QPR.
Players wages on 15:50 - Jun 30 with 1327 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Players wages on 15:36 - Jun 30 by Northernr

Of course, typically, one of the big outliers is early Briatore and early Fernandes QPR.

Not even Kuper could have predicted that!

Players wages on 16:04 - Jun 30 with 1303 viewsMyke

Players wages on 15:36 - Jun 30 by Northernr

Yes but ...we know this already.. It's all very Rednapp-esque - the better players you have, the more chance you have of winning games. Based on spend/wages(even hazarding a guess at what we pay our players we largely over -achieved last season . Same with that XG stuff or whatever you call it.
Even Warburton, in that sometimes tetchy interview you had with him two summers ago, was adamant that you were not comparing like with like, by putting a 20m player up against a free transfer or whatever. We know all this. If we were just to rely on stats or wages or other 'facts' we might as well not bother playing the games at all and just settle for whatever position the statisticians tell us we are going to finish - where's the fun in that?
The whole point of a club like ours is to defy the odds, defy where we SHOULD end up. Over-achieve. Punch above our weight. Use whatever cliche you like, but that has to be Beale's remit. Produce young saleable assets and at the same time give ourselves a sniff of promotion. Even without engaging in the former, we have no business being involved in the latter. Based on 'facts' we KNOW this already. But take away that sense of anticipation that rises over the next few weeks and you take away the very essence of why we love QPR in particular and football in general. You take away the very soul of the sport. I don't care if Norwich and Watford have countless millions to spend on players and pay them obscene amount of wages - I have to believe we can go to Carrow/Vicarage Road and whip their asses Otherwise there is no point.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2022 16:06]
Players wages on 16:26 - Jun 30 with 1253 viewsNorthernr

Players wages on 16:04 - Jun 30 by Myke

Yes but ...we know this already.. It's all very Rednapp-esque - the better players you have, the more chance you have of winning games. Based on spend/wages(even hazarding a guess at what we pay our players we largely over -achieved last season . Same with that XG stuff or whatever you call it.
Even Warburton, in that sometimes tetchy interview you had with him two summers ago, was adamant that you were not comparing like with like, by putting a 20m player up against a free transfer or whatever. We know all this. If we were just to rely on stats or wages or other 'facts' we might as well not bother playing the games at all and just settle for whatever position the statisticians tell us we are going to finish - where's the fun in that?
The whole point of a club like ours is to defy the odds, defy where we SHOULD end up. Over-achieve. Punch above our weight. Use whatever cliche you like, but that has to be Beale's remit. Produce young saleable assets and at the same time give ourselves a sniff of promotion. Even without engaging in the former, we have no business being involved in the latter. Based on 'facts' we KNOW this already. But take away that sense of anticipation that rises over the next few weeks and you take away the very essence of why we love QPR in particular and football in general. You take away the very soul of the sport. I don't care if Norwich and Watford have countless millions to spend on players and pay them obscene amount of wages - I have to believe we can go to Carrow/Vicarage Road and whip their asses Otherwise there is no point.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2022 16:06]

I don't disagree with any of this.

It's just a useful gauge of whether QPR and the rest of the division are under, over achieving or parring the course, which in turn is useful for judging how well the manager is doing with what he's got. Helps enormously when you're writing about QPR and trying to encourage people not to pan the manager and want him sacked for finishing midtable when actually his salary bill was bottom six, or when writing about the Championship and trying to explain why Nathan Jones and Carlos Corberan should have been ahead of Steve Cooper in the manager of the year for our division last year - they had a lot less at their disposal than he did.
Players wages on 17:11 - Jun 30 with 1184 viewsMyke

Players wages on 16:26 - Jun 30 by Northernr

I don't disagree with any of this.

It's just a useful gauge of whether QPR and the rest of the division are under, over achieving or parring the course, which in turn is useful for judging how well the manager is doing with what he's got. Helps enormously when you're writing about QPR and trying to encourage people not to pan the manager and want him sacked for finishing midtable when actually his salary bill was bottom six, or when writing about the Championship and trying to explain why Nathan Jones and Carlos Corberan should have been ahead of Steve Cooper in the manager of the year for our division last year - they had a lot less at their disposal than he did.

ok yeah, from a journalistic point of view I get it.I was thinking purely as a fan.
Players wages on 17:20 - Jun 30 with 1161 viewsDavieQPR

Players wages on 13:13 - Jun 29 by Northernr

I mean let's have a look at what they have us down for in 2019/20.

https://www.capology.com/club/qpr/salaries/2019-2020/

Some issues here immediately. Seny Dieng is being paid £0 apparently. Jack Clarke, a player Spurs bought for £10m, is on £5k a week, while Josh Scowen, who we got free from Barnsley, is on twice that.

More fundamentally though, it says our wage bill total for that season was £11.6m which, frankly, would have been brilliant. As ever, the answer lies in the club's actual accounts, which show that the wage bill for that season was actually £9m higher - £20m.

I believe the accounts show Manager, Coaches and players as one sum whereas they show players only. Not saying the support staff get £9m though.
Players wages on 17:24 - Jun 30 with 1154 viewsNorthernr

Players wages on 17:20 - Jun 30 by DavieQPR

I believe the accounts show Manager, Coaches and players as one sum whereas they show players only. Not saying the support staff get £9m though.

Of course. But that's a hell of a lot of club shop counter girls to make up a shortfall of £9m!
Players wages on 18:29 - Jun 30 with 1103 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Players wages on 17:24 - Jun 30 by Northernr

Of course. But that's a hell of a lot of club shop counter girls to make up a shortfall of £9m!

Always reckoned Jude the Cat was on a fair wedge.

Players wages on 20:56 - Jun 30 with 1022 viewsderbyhoop

The fundamental issue is that player's wages are at obscene levels. It starts at PL level and feeds down to Championship and below.
Frankly no Championship player should be on more than 15k per week. The vast majority should be on less than 10. Or £520,000 per year. Now compare that with what you earn.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Players wages on 00:23 - Jul 1 with 939 viewsdistortR

Players wages on 18:29 - Jun 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Always reckoned Jude the Cat was on a fair wedge.

There was a video of that doing the rounds.
Disgusting.
Players wages on 00:54 - Jul 1 with 927 viewskensalriser

Players wages on 00:23 - Jul 1 by distortR

There was a video of that doing the rounds.
Disgusting.

Did it involve a Tory MP?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024