Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russ martins interview 18:55 - Aug 6 with 1731 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

“They put people behind the ball - anyone would struggle to break that down”

They can only keep putting all their players behind the ball if we give them an opportunity to do so. What does he expect teams are going to do against us?

So disappointed after today

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Russ martins interview on 20:02 - Aug 6 with 1641 viewsBillyChong

It’s taken him a season to work out that’s how opponents shut out teams obsessed with ball possession. Jesus wept.
Russ martins interview on 20:02 - Aug 6 with 1634 viewsonehunglow

I mean other teams.The barsuds
Stopping us playing,whatever that entails.

Frankly,we should be fined for boring fans all over England .

Men behind the ball.Jeez,we could do that and get a few point Russ.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 20:07]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Russ martins interview on 20:14 - Aug 6 with 1615 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Russ martins interview on 20:02 - Aug 6 by onehunglow

I mean other teams.The barsuds
Stopping us playing,whatever that entails.

Frankly,we should be fined for boring fans all over England .

Men behind the ball.Jeez,we could do that and get a few point Russ.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 20:07]

Ah we could do that but we won’t …….. because he wants us to be different (instead of successful)

We have good attacking talent and it’s being wasted with this cowardly style of play. He thinks it’s being brave but too scared to make mistakes in their half when we risk them constantly in ours.

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Russ martins interview on 20:30 - Aug 6 with 1581 viewsBadlands

They could put people behind the ball because we gave them all the time in the world to do so.
Pedestrian pace, static players ahead of the defence, predictable, weak.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Russ martins interview on 21:16 - Aug 6 with 1521 viewsonehunglow

Russ martins interview on 20:14 - Aug 6 by PatchesOHoulihan

Ah we could do that but we won’t …….. because he wants us to be different (instead of successful)

We have good attacking talent and it’s being wasted with this cowardly style of play. He thinks it’s being brave but too scared to make mistakes in their half when we risk them constantly in ours.

It’s why Piroe can’t wait to get out

What does stand out for me is his mistreatment of Joseph. Is he ,like Whitaker,another with attitude . Russ seems not to like those who stand up for themselves. In other words bully.

Russ martins interview on 22:30 - Aug 6 with 1449 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

If you spend 20 seconds passing it back and fore in the centre circle, teams organise their defence..........really!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Russ martins interview on 22:37 - Aug 6 with 1435 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Obviously never thought about mixing it up and going long then

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Russ martins interview on 22:53 - Aug 6 with 1413 viewsKeithHaynes

Russ martins interview on 21:16 - Aug 6 by onehunglow

What does stand out for me is his mistreatment of Joseph. Is he ,like Whitaker,another with attitude . Russ seems not to like those who stand up for themselves. In other words bully.

Piroe can’t wait to get out ?
Have you got a reference for that ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Russ martins interview on 23:10 - Aug 6 with 1397 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Russ martins interview on 21:16 - Aug 6 by onehunglow

It’s a strange one with Joseph

He kept playing him for 2 mins last year which really can’t have helped him after he came back loan to play
Looked like there was something there and now can’t wait to bomb them out again

Russ martins interview on 23:16 - Aug 6 with 1370 viewsSTID2017

Russ martins interview on 22:53 - Aug 6 by KeithHaynes

Piroe can’t wait to get out ?
Have you got a reference for that ?

Yes - Dr P has stated Piroe hates Martin ( tonight again ) and that Piroe's father is actively working to get him out of here.
So it must be true ...

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Russ martins interview on 23:19 - Aug 6 with 1361 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russ martins interview on 23:16 - Aug 6 by STID2017

Yes - Dr P has stated Piroe hates Martin ( tonight again ) and that Piroe's father is actively working to get him out of here.
So it must be true ...

“ Dr P has stated Piroe hates Martin ( tonight again ) and that Piroe's father is actively working to get him out of here. ”

Where?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Russ martins interview on 01:21 - Aug 7 with 1291 viewsKerouac

------------------------------ Fisher ------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------ Wood ------------------------------
-------- Naughton --------- ST ------------- Darling ---------
-------------- Ntcham ---- Fulton ------ Grimes -------------
-LM -------------- CM ------------------ CM --------------- RM
-------------------------------- Dm --------------------------------
Latibeaudiere ----- Obafemi ---- Piroe -------- Manning
Def --------------------- Def ---------- Def ---------------- Def

How to beat Swansea City under Martin.
The bank of 4 midfielder take it in turns to assist the striker, pressing...then sit in whilst we pass it around the back knowing that we will never play that long ball forward so our front 4 can have a go one-on-one....even if we did, the DM would drop in to assist the defence.

Sometimes a team plays 2 strikers (to really chase down our back 3, with a bank of 3 midfielders doing the pressing (1 at a time).

They are happy for us to have the ball back there for 70% of the time, they are controlling the game and are satisfied that when they have their 30% of the ball they will be stealing it in our half with a 5 v 5 situation (if we're lucky, more often than not they have an overload because we lose the ball unexpectedly with our players too high to get back)

This is why they score so many goals against us with so little of the ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Russ martins interview on 08:20 - Aug 7 with 1179 viewscadleigh

I watched most of Martin’s post-match interview. As far as I could see his message, which he repeated over and over, was that there was nothing wrong with his game plan, tactics or selections. The problem was with the players and their execution of his strategy.

This is his standard MO.

The Cambridge definition of arrogance is “behaving as if you are more portent than, or know more than, other people”

His refusal to take any responsibility for the failure of his match-day plan is, in my opinion, arrogant.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Russ martins interview on 08:27 - Aug 7 with 1157 viewsvetchonian

Russ martins interview on 08:20 - Aug 7 by cadleigh

I watched most of Martin’s post-match interview. As far as I could see his message, which he repeated over and over, was that there was nothing wrong with his game plan, tactics or selections. The problem was with the players and their execution of his strategy.

This is his standard MO.

The Cambridge definition of arrogance is “behaving as if you are more portent than, or know more than, other people”

His refusal to take any responsibility for the failure of his match-day plan is, in my opinion, arrogant.

I think our players were waiting for their players to stop running

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Russ martins interview on 08:38 - Aug 7 with 1146 viewscadleigh

This is his standard MO.

That should have read “Important”

Teach me to type without my glasses

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Russ martins interview on 08:58 - Aug 7 with 1120 viewsonehunglow

This is his standard MO.

Absolutely correct.
Welcome to the forum.We need you

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024