Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR away support at Charlton tonight 22:07 - Aug 9 with 4042 viewsextratimeR

(Listened to Andy Sinton on radio)

Well done lads, the bloody noise was amazing, I know the result is heartbreaking but it's a long time since I've heard noise like that at an away game.

Andy Sinton very complimentary about Rss fans staying at end to aplaude players.

Special mention for Captain Jack
QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 22:09 - Aug 9 with 3218 viewsBrianMcCarthy

100%
Superb. I joked just before half-time that we'd managed to quieten the away crowd, but even that was only for a few minutes.

Well done to all.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 22:26 - Aug 9 with 3072 viewsstainrods_elbow

Was Sinton also honest enough to treat that performance with the contempt it deserved?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 00:47 - Aug 10 with 2864 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Why, thank you.
QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 02:26 - Aug 10 with 2799 viewsBoston

QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 22:26 - Aug 9 by stainrods_elbow

Was Sinton also honest enough to treat that performance with the contempt it deserved?

Absolutely, if you are able to translate his gentlemanly north eastern manner.

Should have done better = fcking rotten
Aye, he was off balance = stupid b@stard
I'd like to thank the support = they deserve better

Etc.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 04:45 - Aug 10 with 2736 viewsMalintabuk

Not sure what it is about fans of a team like ours.... I spent North of 100 notes last night for what exactly......
And it is the same faces year in year out.... with perhaps a few exceptions.... so to my other long sufferers.... it was a great turn out
Nephews are dusting themselves of for Saturday.... rail strike.... make shift team...... and most likely disappointment, but they go again with perhaps 600 odd others ....
QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 08:32 - Aug 10 with 2459 viewsswitchingcode

QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 04:45 - Aug 10 by Malintabuk

Not sure what it is about fans of a team like ours.... I spent North of 100 notes last night for what exactly......
And it is the same faces year in year out.... with perhaps a few exceptions.... so to my other long sufferers.... it was a great turn out
Nephews are dusting themselves of for Saturday.... rail strike.... make shift team...... and most likely disappointment, but they go again with perhaps 600 odd others ....

Because you are genuine fans who live in hope that success is just around the corner and when it comes you enjoy it more it’s just the corner can sometimes be a f***** long one
QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 08:57 - Aug 10 with 2431 viewsRangersw12

QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 04:45 - Aug 10 by Malintabuk

Sold 861 which is remarkable in the current circumstances
QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 08:59 - Aug 10 with 2424 viewsE17hoop

2587 QPR / 5629 total

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Login to get fewer ads

QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 09:05 - Aug 10 with 2393 viewsozranger

QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 08:59 - Aug 10 by E17hoop

2587 QPR / 5629 total

Maybe a little more QPR

Add one for me in the home stand as I was there with a mate.

That said, the volume from the away stand was something. Many around me were quite amazed at it and the numbers we brought as they rarely see anything close to it for away support there. One commented that it was our "big day out", but of course we have taken much larger numbers to other venues - Posh last season a clear example.
QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 09:58 - Aug 10 with 2270 viewsParkRoyalR

QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 08:57 - Aug 10 by Rangersw12

Sold 861 which is remarkable in the current circumstances

Held off on Blackburn train booking due to strike action and then when thought it looked like trains wouldn't be cancelled price was £100 return

Opted to book as early as possible for Sunderland and still £80 return but looks like our train operators are running ok

Price of match tickets, trains + fuel will have a big impact this season on numbers travelling.
QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 10:00 - Aug 10 with 2260 viewsdaveB

support was good last night, journey home a nightmare

I was only really disapoitned for my son last night who was genuinley gutted we lost as he loved the cup run last season
QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 10:03 - Aug 10 with 2248 viewsRangersw12

QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 09:58 - Aug 10 by ParkRoyalR

Held off on Blackburn train booking due to strike action and then when thought it looked like trains wouldn't be cancelled price was £100 return

Opted to book as early as possible for Sunderland and still £80 return but looks like our train operators are running ok

Price of match tickets, trains + fuel will have a big impact this season on numbers travelling.

We had to cancel our train as unable to get to KX which is a shame
QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 10:05 - Aug 10 with 2235 viewsNorthernr

We're going Friday coming back Sunday to avoid it all, but they reckon it's going to be 35 degrees Friday so we'll probably get stuck on the bendy rails now. Three games in it's already the season that keeps on giving.

Support was absolutely unreal last night, and none of the angry turning on the team when it wasn;t going well. At least round us anyway.
QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 10:21 - Aug 10 with 2174 viewsParkRoyalR

QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 10:05 - Aug 10 by Northernr

We're going Friday coming back Sunday to avoid it all, but they reckon it's going to be 35 degrees Friday so we'll probably get stuck on the bendy rails now. Three games in it's already the season that keeps on giving.

Support was absolutely unreal last night, and none of the angry turning on the team when it wasn;t going well. At least round us anyway.

Same where we were sat, noticed quite a few groups of school age lads, probably reflective of cheap tickets + no major travel expense.

Reminiscent of when we started going away as young teenagers.

I was in the Box Office recently and there was a group of young lads buying on the day and they were struggling between them to come up with the money.

Just hope rail-seating is an opportunity to offer cheap match-day prices for those lads who's parents don't buy them a season ticket, which I think is a big market when you look at match-day prices at Arsenal, Chelsea + Fulham.
QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 10:24 - Aug 10 with 2160 viewsdaveB

£140 for me and a kids ticket to Sunderland, trains not running so gonna have to drive up Friday but won't give a refund yet as they might decide on Saturday that the 9am train will run. I'll be doing a lot less away games if this carries on
QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 10:31 - Aug 10 with 2132 viewsNorthernr

QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 10:24 - Aug 10 by daveB

£140 for me and a kids ticket to Sunderland, trains not running so gonna have to drive up Friday but won't give a refund yet as they might decide on Saturday that the 9am train will run. I'll be doing a lot less away games if this carries on

Is that Trainline refusing to refund? They're terrible for it. I booked direct with LNER going up Saturday morning originally, as soon as the strike was announced I clicked refund and the money was back with me 20 minutes later to rebook on the friday.
QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 11:00 - Aug 10 with 2030 viewsdaveB

QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 10:31 - Aug 10 by Northernr

Is that Trainline refusing to refund? They're terrible for it. I booked direct with LNER going up Saturday morning originally, as soon as the strike was announced I clicked refund and the money was back with me 20 minutes later to rebook on the friday.

yeah I'm not booking with them again, absolute tossers. They've said I can apply for a refund if the train doesn't run.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 11:01]
QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 11:02 - Aug 10 with 2010 viewsNorthernr

QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 11:00 - Aug 10 by daveB

yeah I'm not booking with them again, absolute tossers. They've said I can apply for a refund if the train doesn't run.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 11:01]

Yeh it's why I always book direct. The LNER website and refund system is actually really good. The Avanti one is a catstrophe but I did get my money back for the Blackburn debacle inside a week.
QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 11:20 - Aug 10 with 1923 viewsJames_Paddocks

I've been using Train Split recently. Refunded my Sunderland train tickets almost immediately.

Meanwhile, Thameslink continue to make every home game a complete nightmare for me. Train cancellations almost every day, due to a lack of staff...

Yesterday was another expensive ballache.
QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 12:09 - Aug 10 with 1727 viewsE17hoop

We gave up on queuing for a train away from there last night - how long did it take to get away?

QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 12:12 - Aug 10 with 1684 viewssparkey

The queue for drinks at half time was the worst thing I've ever experienced
QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 12:16 - Aug 10 with 1670 viewsE17hoop

QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 12:12 - Aug 10 by sparkey

The queue for drinks at half time was the worst thing I've ever experienced

Went to the loo at about 30 mins and there were people just standing drinking already with the queue 4 deep.

QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 12:33 - Aug 10 with 1576 viewsNW5Hoop

Just wish we hadn't had to have choruses of the rent boys song.
QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 12:37 - Aug 10 with 1564 viewstoboboly

QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 12:09 - Aug 10 by E17hoop

We gave up on queuing for a train away from there last night - how long did it take to get away?

Wasn't too awful in the end. Waited maybe 20 mins to jump on one - getting out of the stadium (row A1) took 25 mins I reckon.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 12:41 - Aug 10 with 1537 viewsE17hoop

QPR away support at Charlton tonight on 12:37 - Aug 10 by toboboly

Wasn't too awful in the end. Waited maybe 20 mins to jump on one - getting out of the stadium (row A1) took 25 mins I reckon.

We were in row A and took an age to get out the ground. Saw the queue for the train and thought we'd struggle to get the 10.10 so got a bus to Greenwich and onto the Jubilee line.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024