Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread 08:13 - Aug 16 with 28876 viewsHoopstar

Never had a go at one of these before.

Only 2.7% of us have predicted an way win with over 85% saying a home win today in the prediction league...so there is that.

I have a good feeling about tonight anyway.

If I had to guess a starting XI..

Dieng
Kakay Dickie Dunne Paal
Field Johansen
Willock Roberts Chair
Dykes

Laird to come on after 60 for a debut.
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 02:01 - Aug 17 with 1351 viewsLblock

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 00:54 - Aug 17 by Sharpediver

Positives: the rail standing area in the Lower Loft was superb.
Negatives. The whole match. Worst I've seen since Crewe at home 1998/99.
We are facing relegation on this performance
Was utterly dreadful

Ohup…… careful now….. you’ll be getting plastic bedsheets and wet wipes in the post from some on here with talk like that.

It’ll also be pointed out that the transfer window is still open by a few. Those few may have had a few as clearly the club is unable to improve the squad any further. We cannot replace any of the current inept injury prone wasters with new inept injury prone wasters until the former are “bought” by another club.

There’s 39 games to go….by game 24 we’ll see Pete Beales masteplan bearing fruit as tge players get what he’s putting over. (There is a chance he may rip that up and revert to 3 at the back though by game 12 ……. We’ll see)

We’re only one place away from 16th as it stands. Once we nestle in there my feeling is we’ll look to cement it.

Keep the faith

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 07:48 - Aug 17 with 1171 viewsMalintabuk

After a poor performance I try not to contribute on here as even after all these years when we lose I get really peed
But read the comments on the way home and most are right
Most impressed with Laird the lad is going to be a really good player. Roberts also decent 1st half.... unfortunately disappeared a little for me in the 2nd
I said when I saw that team that I thought that was our best defence we could muster.... and still do, but not sure that 4-3-3 is our best set up
Blackpool set up with 5 across the midfield and for me if I was Beale I would have changed formation early on...gone to a 3-5-2 and made changes. We have 5 subs now and I think managers/coaches now have the flexibility to change things much earlier, perhaps that will take time to adjust
I joined the site during lockdown and posted that Dykes is not a forward and got pelters... well I post again.... he is never a forward and as soon as we realise this the better for him and us
I have to admit at the ground I thought he was offside.... but the lad behind rightly said ..... should have buried it and worry about the call later.... a shocking shocking miss
So disappointed last night... Beale was totally out thought last night which for me is more of a worry
As for Armstrong I don't care if he is young..... I don't care if he is raw.....he has to play on Saturday. Again he came on and it was like someone had turned a switch on... he is exciting and direct... he was the only player that caused them real issues
But Saturday is another day....
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 08:09 - Aug 17 with 1138 viewsNorthantsHoop

Worrying thing about Beale is he is taking too long to make substitutions. Team needed shaking up at half time with at least 2 getting on, but waited until another 20 mins or so before changes. Albeit he is hampered by Amos and Willock injuries, and Richards well we don't really know about him.
Take yourselves back 3 years in the early days of Warburton against Wigan at home we were down 1-0 at half time, similar game to last night, re-engineered to a back 3 at half time, flooded midfield, released Eze in a free flowing 10 role and we took the game 3-1.
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 08:13 - Aug 17 with 1111 viewsDWQPR

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 08:09 - Aug 17 by NorthantsHoop

Worrying thing about Beale is he is taking too long to make substitutions. Team needed shaking up at half time with at least 2 getting on, but waited until another 20 mins or so before changes. Albeit he is hampered by Amos and Willock injuries, and Richards well we don't really know about him.
Take yourselves back 3 years in the early days of Warburton against Wigan at home we were down 1-0 at half time, similar game to last night, re-engineered to a back 3 at half time, flooded midfield, released Eze in a free flowing 10 role and we took the game 3-1.

Someone mentioned on another thread that Beale has to bed down the new players. FFS, Warbs had to be down 16 news players when he came. There really is something about Beale that worries me.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 08:36 - Aug 17 with 1052 viewstraininvain

The game was lost because Dykes couldn’t finish his dinner (not for the first time) and we lost the midfield battle. I was very impressed with Bowler and Patino (in the first half) for Blackpool.

We really need Amos and Richards back and fully fit but they both seem to be perennial sick notes so maybe not a good idea to rely on them. Johansen and Dozzell are too similar playing sideways passes to one another. Start one or the other.

Bit worrying that we’re facing a situation where many on here are calling for an unproven 19 year old without a Championship goal to his name to start up front. He’s raw but enthusiastic. I’d be tempted to start him but what happens if he goes a few games without a goal. It could make or break the lad.
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 08:59 - Aug 17 with 1020 viewsjoe90

Disappointing night but I think some credit has to be given to Blackpool. If we'd put in a performance like that including the time wasting I doubt anyone would be complaining.

The officials do need to get a grip on the gamesmanship, shirt pulling etc, but that wasn't what lost us the game.

Armstrong needs to be more cynical, if someone is pulling on his shirt he was to go down and show there's been an impediment. Likewise with his pace he needs to get more runs into the box. Eze was great at winning free kicks, granted they're different players, but non the less there's still potential to gain the advantage.

Our deliveries from both sides were really poor and let us down, but our main problem came from the midfield three -Dozzell/Field/Johansen. The lack of movement to receive from the defence and subsequent linking up with the attack just wasn't good enough. It killed our game! Our problems with injuries mean we can't consistently field our strongest side (which has been a problem for a few seasons now) but I'd ideally drop Dozzell/Johansen and have Amos/Chair in their position with Field dropping back to defensive mid.

Hopefully Willock will be available Saturday and hopefully we'll see a more inspired performance.
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 09:21 - Aug 17 with 976 viewsSharpediver

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 02:01 - Aug 17 by Lblock

Ohup…… careful now….. you’ll be getting plastic bedsheets and wet wipes in the post from some on here with talk like that.

It’ll also be pointed out that the transfer window is still open by a few. Those few may have had a few as clearly the club is unable to improve the squad any further. We cannot replace any of the current inept injury prone wasters with new inept injury prone wasters until the former are “bought” by another club.

There’s 39 games to go….by game 24 we’ll see Pete Beales masteplan bearing fruit as tge players get what he’s putting over. (There is a chance he may rip that up and revert to 3 at the back though by game 12 ……. We’ll see)

We’re only one place away from 16th as it stands. Once we nestle in there my feeling is we’ll look to cement it.

Keep the faith

It was utterly dreadful though. I'm can only call it as I saw it. Sloppy, tedious, laboured and monotonous. If we can't put a run of the mill team like Blackpool, under any kind of pressure on a Tuesday night home game, this is going to be a very long season. I would take 21st place now if you offered me it. I haven't seen us put in a 90 minute performance since Reading in January.

Just trying to be realistic and think we should keep our expectations down. Staying in this division is our goal this season.
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 10:53 - Aug 17 with 875 viewsderbyhoop

For me the big issue was midfield.
Johanssen is looking and playing his age. It takes all pace out of any transition. Dozzell flits in and out. And we don't look solid when teams break with pace.

Dykes missed at least 1 golden chance. He may have believed he was offside but put the ball in the net and worry about the decision afterwards.

We also saw why Armstrong is only getting 20 mins. His physique and pace scare defenders, but his touch and decision making show why he is still work in progress.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 11:11 - Aug 17 with 824 viewsRs_Holy

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 10:53 - Aug 17 by derbyhoop

For me the big issue was midfield.
Johanssen is looking and playing his age. It takes all pace out of any transition. Dozzell flits in and out. And we don't look solid when teams break with pace.

Dykes missed at least 1 golden chance. He may have believed he was offside but put the ball in the net and worry about the decision afterwards.

We also saw why Armstrong is only getting 20 mins. His physique and pace scare defenders, but his touch and decision making show why he is still work in progress.

'Dykes missed at least 1 golden chance. He may have believed he was offside but put the ball in the net and worry about the decision afterwards'.

Or play a square ball to a player who would have had an open goal.
QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 12:57 - Aug 17 with 741 viewsDWQPR

QPR vs the Seasiders match thread on 11:11 - Aug 17 by Rs_Holy

'Dykes missed at least 1 golden chance. He may have believed he was offside but put the ball in the net and worry about the decision afterwards'.

Or play a square ball to a player who would have had an open goal.

Trouble is that Johansen would probably have passed it back to Dickie or Dunne rather than shooting at goal! 😂

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024