Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today 20:50 - Sep 3 with 9928 viewsNortholt_Rs

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/i-didnt-think-i-was-great-today-beale-accept

Thoughts?

[Post edited 3 Sep 2022 20:51]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 17:00 - Sep 7 with 1028 viewsPinnerPaul

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 15:18 - Sep 7 by Northernr

On the high line thing it's interesting that he says they're not telling them to do it. Seems odd to me, because we were really deep last year, and now we're the opposite, and it's the same centre backs. Did they pick up this idea for themselves round the pool over the summer? I'm not sure I believe him TBH.

I like Beale, and I like his forthright interview style, but there's been several times already where he's said one thing "we won't be doing loans" "we'll have two or three more by the end of the week" "I don't want a 30-something to hold their hands they're experienced enpough already" and then done or said the exact opposite quite quickly. There was also a comment in an interview recently where I'd literally heard him say word for word the exact opposite the week before so he's an interesting character sometimes.

or, as you said immediately post MW, they ALL say things that annoy you in the end.

Mine so far, was the " 2 yards offside" comment on the Hull goal.

Of course, he's not alone and its never going to happen, but how about " Hull's goal was disappointing, very close, could have been offside, but that wouldn't be an argument if our backline is in the correct position or the passer is closed down - we can work on those certainly."
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 17:22 - Sep 7 with 995 viewsLazyFan

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 17:00 - Sep 7 by PinnerPaul

or, as you said immediately post MW, they ALL say things that annoy you in the end.

Of course, he's not alone and its never going to happen, but how about " Hull's goal was disappointing, very close, could have been offside, but that wouldn't be an argument if our backline is in the correct position or the passer is closed down - we can work on those certainly."

Worse it was onside.
Dunne steps up too late and the Hull player times it perfect.

Looking forward to your posts on what refs think as this insight into the game would be greatly appreciated.

zzzzzzzzzz

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 17:32 - Sep 7 with 972 viewsNorthernr

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 17:00 - Sep 7 by PinnerPaul

It was inside as well. Easily shown on the standard highlights. That stuff does us no favours when we have a genuine complaint.
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 10:03 - Sep 8 with 771 viewsfrancisbowles

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 15:29 - Sep 7 by LazyFan

I don't think he said that he said he's asked them to play higher and the problem is they took it too extreme and have been at times playing too high up. Now he wants them to find a balance.

When I first saw it against Watford and then against Hull, I was shocked, high-risk approach with our back line.

Reminds me of the infamous Terry Venables offside trap, used to drive oppo teams mad, but if they beat it you could be on the end of 3-0 drubbing in just 10 mins. Had to be well drilled again and again to master that dark art, not great for football watching either.

In Venables day it was less risky as anyone caught in an 'offside position' was usually given offside. Players couldn't break the line as they do now and not be interfering with play.
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 14:58 - Sep 8 with 695 viewsPinnerPaul

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 17:22 - Sep 7 by LazyFan

Worse it was onside.
Dunne steps up too late and the Hull player times it perfect.

Looking forward to your posts on what refs think as this insight into the game would be greatly appreciated.

Refs think about what exactly?

Flattered you think I have the faintest idea what other refs think, let alone those at the top!
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 15:04 - Sep 8 with 677 viewsPinnerPaul

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 17:32 - Sep 7 by Northernr

It was inside as well. Easily shown on the standard highlights. That stuff does us no favours when we have a genuine complaint.

I suppose your last sentence is why I can appear a little shall we say 'over protective' of referees at times.

Genuinely poor decisions I will always call out, despite some people's perceptions on here, but something like that, on or off, its so close and difficult to call in real time, why comment.

As you say, it meant nothing in terms of result, so save your ire for the KMIs (Key match incidents) that directly affect the outcome of a match.

Mentioned this before but a psychologist once wrote that the reason managers do it, is because of a natural human trait to blame things outside your control, rather than things you can/should do something about.
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 15:05 - Sep 8 with 666 viewsPinnerPaul

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 10:03 - Sep 8 by francisbowles

In Venables day it was less risky as anyone caught in an 'offside position' was usually given offside. Players couldn't break the line as they do now and not be interfering with play.

Yes good point and if the pass doesn't come or goes to another player they can just carry on.

As you say, the interpretation of the law in the past was much different.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024