Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today 20:50 - Sep 3 with 9926 viewsNortholt_Rs

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/i-didnt-think-i-was-great-today-beale-accept

Thoughts?

[Post edited 3 Sep 2022 20:51]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 19:45 - Sep 5 with 1944 viewsstainrods_elbow

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 19:27 - Sep 5 by dodge_stoke_r

Tired my arse. They played 3 games of football in a week, (as did Swansea and almost every other team in the league!), not working down a fvckin mine all week. More like complacency and a hefty side portion of just couldn't be arsed to out the effort in.

This! Some people here need to get a grip and have a word with themselves.

Here's my idea for football - fans pay what they deem the performance/effort is worth, and this correlates directly to players' pay for the week. No? Then the fans need to accept they'll be mugged off by players phoning it in, pleading fatigue, trying to get the manager sacked etc. etc. That's the pro game, I'm afraid, and one big reason I don't watch it with the passion I used to.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2022 19:46]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 20:04 - Sep 5 with 1924 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 19:27 - Sep 5 by dodge_stoke_r

Tired my arse. They played 3 games of football in a week, (as did Swansea and almost every other team in the league!), not working down a fvckin mine all week. More like complacency and a hefty side portion of just couldn't be arsed to out the effort in.

I'm not sure I'm buying the 'tired' line 100% either.
I think that's Beale shielding his players, maybe, which is fine in public.

I'd buy it if we started off at the right intensity and faded, but we didn't.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 02:27 - Sep 6 with 1817 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 20:04 - Sep 5 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm not sure I'm buying the 'tired' line 100% either.
I think that's Beale shielding his players, maybe, which is fine in public.

I'd buy it if we started off at the right intensity and faded, but we didn't.

It is, of course, all relative but I do believe some physical and mental fatigue from previous matches played a part. Beale has introduced a new style that compresses the play and presses higher up the pitch. If it works then you win the ball back in dangerous areas, if it doesn't then you're vulnerable to the ball in behind and need quick powers of recovery. This strategy requires greater intensity, accuracy and focus. The team as it stands have shown that they are capable of delivering this style in patches but currently lack the fitness to execute for the full 90 minutes, let alone week in, week out. Hopefully this will improve in time.
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 07:39 - Sep 6 with 1745 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 02:27 - Sep 6 by Benny_the_Ball

It is, of course, all relative but I do believe some physical and mental fatigue from previous matches played a part. Beale has introduced a new style that compresses the play and presses higher up the pitch. If it works then you win the ball back in dangerous areas, if it doesn't then you're vulnerable to the ball in behind and need quick powers of recovery. This strategy requires greater intensity, accuracy and focus. The team as it stands have shown that they are capable of delivering this style in patches but currently lack the fitness to execute for the full 90 minutes, let alone week in, week out. Hopefully this will improve in time.

Agree with all of that Benny. Just commenting that the work rate was down from the off, at least to my eye, so I think there may have been at least one other factor - be it tactical, psychological or work-related.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 09:57 - Sep 6 with 1641 viewsfrancisbowles

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 07:39 - Sep 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree with all of that Benny. Just commenting that the work rate was down from the off, at least to my eye, so I think there may have been at least one other factor - be it tactical, psychological or work-related.

As you said Brian, they put a huge effort into Watford and were exhausted by the end. Then three days later, they started brightly but faded in the second half. After a three day break, not five as SE referred to in another thread, they have to try to mentally and physically raise themselves again. It just proved a bit too difficult on this occasion and the fine margins went against us. On another day we get the breaks and get something out of the game.
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 09:59 - Sep 6 with 1633 viewsfrancisbowles

FFS don't post shit like this that just encourages him.
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 10:27 - Sep 6 with 1598 viewsTHEBUSH

I know its difficult to compare different sports, but on average a footballer runs seven and a half miles, during 90 minutes.
A marathon runner after running a marathon , needs two weeks rest, before training again.
There are other matters to be taken into account, in a professional football match,
So maybe its tougher than we think, just saying like ?
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 10:39 - Sep 6 with 1575 viewsstainrods_elbow

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 09:59 - Sep 6 by francisbowles

FFS don't post shit like this that just encourages him.

Some of us are trying to discourage the likes of you!

Login to get fewer ads

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 10:44 - Sep 6 with 1574 viewsfrancisbowles

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 10:39 - Sep 6 by stainrods_elbow

Some of us are trying to discourage the likes of you!

No sense of humour then?
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 12:42 - Sep 6 with 1492 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 07:39 - Sep 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Absolutely. Fatigue was a factor but not the only one. QPR lost that match for a number of reasons, all of which has been beautifully covered in detail by Clive in his match report.
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 12:44 - Sep 6 with 1476 viewsstainrods_elbow

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 10:44 - Sep 6 by francisbowles

No sense of humour then?

O, sorry, it sounded to me more like virtue signalling!

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 16:33 - Sep 6 with 1392 viewsfrancisbowles

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 12:44 - Sep 6 by stainrods_elbow

O, sorry, it sounded to me more like virtue signalling!

Well now who is being a high minded superiorist? I had to look that one up.

virtue signalling
[virtue signalling]
NOUN
virtue signaling (noun)
the public expression of opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or social conscience or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue:
"it's noticeable how often virtue signalling consists of saying you hate things" · "standing on the sidelines saying how awful the situation is does nothing except massage your ego by virtue signalling"

Sounds a bit 'pot, kettle and black' to me.
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 16:55 - Sep 6 with 1362 viewsPinnerPaul

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 12:42 - Sep 6 by Benny_the_Ball

Absolutely. Fatigue was a factor but not the only one. QPR lost that match for a number of reasons, all of which has been beautifully covered in detail by Clive in his match report.

With the benefit of Clive's facts, they still had 7 outfield players who had played in the two previous away trips to Stoke and Middlesbrough, compared to our home match and trip to Watford.

Even their manager said HIS side were tired, so those of you who say the modern game breeds that may be correct, but it doesn't, to me, really give US an excuse in this one.
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 17:02 - Sep 6 with 1347 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 16:55 - Sep 6 by PinnerPaul

With the benefit of Clive's facts, they still had 7 outfield players who had played in the two previous away trips to Stoke and Middlesbrough, compared to our home match and trip to Watford.

Even their manager said HIS side were tired, so those of you who say the modern game breeds that may be correct, but it doesn't, to me, really give US an excuse in this one.

Fatigue was one of several reasons but you're right in that it doesn't give Beale an excuse as he chose not to utilise his squad whilst Martin did by making 4 changes. Hence why Beale accepted some of the blame.
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 18:19 - Sep 6 with 1293 viewsfrancisbowles

Your right Pinner, it's not an excuse but it is a reason. Along with an awful refereeing performance.
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 13:47 - Sep 7 with 1169 viewsPinnerPaul

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 18:19 - Sep 6 by francisbowles

Your right Pinner, it's not an excuse but it is a reason. Along with an awful refereeing performance.

Still not sure 3 players ( Another 1 was the GK) is a 'reason', referee - no comment!
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 14:01 - Sep 7 with 1148 viewsNorthernr

It's not an excuse but it is a reason. I went to all three matches, I watched our midfield, there was a stark difference between the first two and third one. We were rushing and winning the ball high up the pitch against Watford and Hull, and we weren't against Swansea. That's it, nothing more, nothing less.
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 14:44 - Sep 7 with 1093 viewsstanistheman

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 22:24 - Sep 4 by GroveR

I thought the high line against Hull looked very intentional and was superbly executed as it got Willock and Chair on the ball in their defensive 3rd which is exactly where they're most dangerous and totally nullified Estupinian who has looked pretty handy in the box.

The problem with it is you need two ratting midfielders knocking their bòllocks off for 90mins and a back four stepping out as one and even then, it's still risky. Haven't seen the Hull goal back again but it looks like either just offside, Paal is slow stepping out or Kakay gets caught facing the wrong way.

I looked at the Hull goal over and over again trying to get it in freeze frame and it was a very close call, but I think he just about timed his run perfectly. Without VAR technology could have called it either way. Given we were 3-0 up, I cannot complain. #

In the corresponding fixture last season, I thought the linesman called Adomah's would be winner wrong (and that one really mattered as it continued our poor form).

Back to Beale's comments, I thought he got the timing of his substitutions wrong. Roberts, Iroebunam and Armstrong could have come on after 60 minutes. That would have freshened up the team and given 30 minutes to not only level but even win the game.
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 14:44 - Sep 7 with 1092 viewsPinnerPaul

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 14:01 - Sep 7 by Northernr

It's not an excuse but it is a reason. I went to all three matches, I watched our midfield, there was a stark difference between the first two and third one. We were rushing and winning the ball high up the pitch against Watford and Hull, and we weren't against Swansea. That's it, nothing more, nothing less.

Is that tiredness, skill, desire, just being human, the oppo? - I respectfully disagree, I think there's more to it than just sticking a label on it - tiredness - and going with that.
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 14:55 - Sep 7 with 1068 viewsfrancisbowles

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 14:44 - Sep 7 by PinnerPaul

Is that tiredness, skill, desire, just being human, the oppo? - I respectfully disagree, I think there's more to it than just sticking a label on it - tiredness - and going with that.

It's human to be tired. Lol.

It was just one reason. The ref, lack of quality subs who had been in the building more than a few days, they managed to nullify us, we were poor.

On this occasion travel doesn't really come into it.
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 14:58 - Sep 7 with 1053 viewsPinnerPaul

True!

Its a general thing I guess - everyone loves to pick one thing/person/incident and point to that and say that why we lost.

Its usually a combination of things.
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 15:14 - Sep 7 with 1027 viewsNorthernr

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 14:44 - Sep 7 by PinnerPaul

Well yeh there were lots of reasons, the shambolically poxy standard of the refereeing quite high among them
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 15:18 - Sep 7 with 1025 viewsNorthernr

On the high line thing it's interesting that he says they're not telling them to do it. Seems odd to me, because we were really deep last year, and now we're the opposite, and it's the same centre backs. Did they pick up this idea for themselves round the pool over the summer? I'm not sure I believe him TBH.

I like Beale, and I like his forthright interview style, but there's been several times already where he's said one thing "we won't be doing loans" "we'll have two or three more by the end of the week" "I don't want a 30-something to hold their hands they're experienced enpough already" and then done or said the exact opposite quite quickly. There was also a comment in an interview recently where I'd literally heard him say word for word the exact opposite the week before so he's an interesting character sometimes.
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 15:29 - Sep 7 with 1012 viewsLazyFan

I don't think he said that he said he's asked them to play higher and the problem is they took it too extreme and have been at times playing too high up. Now he wants them to find a balance.

When I first saw it against Watford and then against Hull, I was shocked, high-risk approach with our back line.

Reminds me of the infamous Terry Venables offside trap, used to drive oppo teams mad, but if they beat it you could be on the end of 3-0 drubbing in just 10 mins. Had to be well drilled again and again to master that dark art, not great for football watching either.

zzzzzzzzzz

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 16:54 - Sep 7 with 945 viewsPinnerPaul

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 15:14 - Sep 7 by Northernr

Well yeh there were lots of reasons, the shambolically poxy standard of the refereeing quite high among them

Yes, yes, you're about 5th in line with THAT (The Ref) one!

Interesting, to me at least, debate on RefChat about the refereeing in the PL last weekend.

Will post an erm...post which just about sums it up for me and many other referees on a separate thread.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2022 16:56]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024