Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes 21:29 - Sep 21 with 8028 viewsQPRSteve

Scores
Dykes on 21:30 - Sep 21 with 5504 viewsbosh67

Brilliant header that. Well done. Let's hope that kick starts him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dykes on 21:35 - Sep 21 with 5431 viewsQPRSteve

Gets a second from another corner
Dykes on 21:37 - Sep 21 with 5394 viewsbosh67

Bloody amazing. Really attacking the corner delivery. Amazing. Pleased for him. He's been brilliant since he came on.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dykes on 21:37 - Sep 21 with 5391 viewsStanisgod

Unbelievable Jeff, can we change our kit to blue shirts.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Dykes on 21:37 - Sep 21 with 5386 viewsMick_S

Dykes on 21:35 - Sep 21 by QPRSteve

Gets a second from another corner

Good lad. Get the ball into him.

Edit: on the nut. As mentioned.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2022 21:54]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Dykes on 21:38 - Sep 21 with 5342 viewsted_hendrix

We need to sign that Fraser bloke.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Dykes on 21:39 - Sep 21 with 5316 viewsHAYESBOY

Selfish bugger been saving them up for Scotland.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Dykes on 21:43 - Sep 21 with 5277 viewsbosh67

The lesson here is put it on Lyndon's head, not his foot. He really buried both of those.

Never knowingly right.

Login to get fewer ads

Dykes on 21:51 - Sep 21 with 5192 viewscolinallcars

Dykes on 21:43 - Sep 21 by bosh67

The lesson here is put it on Lyndon's head, not his foot. He really buried both of those.

On me 'ead, son
Dykes on 22:12 - Sep 21 with 5010 viewsdmm

It does look like Scotland will play to Dykes strengths whereas QPR doesn't. That's not so much a criticism as an observation. We have Willock and Chair and so don't need to send balls into the box so much.

That said, Dykes does do well for us in providing a foil and space for our 10s even when he can't score a goal.
Dykes on 22:13 - Sep 21 with 5007 viewsMick_S

Dykes on 22:12 - Sep 21 by dmm

It does look like Scotland will play to Dykes strengths whereas QPR doesn't. That's not so much a criticism as an observation. We have Willock and Chair and so don't need to send balls into the box so much.

That said, Dykes does do well for us in providing a foil and space for our 10s even when he can't score a goal.

True.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Dykes on 22:48 - Sep 21 with 4821 viewsstanistheman

We play him mostly as a foil for Willock and Chair and don't put in many high crosses but put corners into the box and he might get his head on to the ball.

That said, Ukraine were hardly on the boil tonight given their lack of playing time and Championship defences are more likely to challenge better for the ball.

However, well done to him as he came on and put himself about as he does for QPR. I am not a fan of his, but think he is better as a No.9 for us than Roberts.
Dykes on 22:48 - Sep 21 with 4799 viewsBoston

Got to feel sorry for 'em, first the Russians, now the Scots.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Dykes on 23:01 - Sep 21 with 4742 viewsBoston

Dykes enters the picture at 9.36. Nae bad.

[Post edited 21 Sep 2022 23:02]

Dykes on 23:15 - Sep 21 with 4668 viewsBoston

I hadn't seen the 'new' Hampden before, looks ok and sounds fairly good acoustically, anyone been in there for a game?

Dykes on 23:38 - Sep 21 with 4584 viewsSouthallRanger

Can only be good to hopefully boost his confidence and get him going for us. Even better was that he was a late sub… so hopefully there is no issue of him playing too many minutes for scotts and needing resting when he comes back. Also surely these international goals will add pounds to any sale price.

I’m sure someone will find some kind of negative point. We don’t get to have any positivity. Please someone bemoan that he will never score for us at the loft end

On style of play suiting him. Both goals headers from corners. His last goal for us was a deft header from a free kick. So we have a set piece threat with him. Our usual supply route through middle of willock and chair are cutting in on their right foot and won’t feed him headers. Our wing backs are interesting. Laird seems to favour the cut back along the ground to very good effect, but it means he’s not providing the cross that dykes would want. Not sure about paals crossing. So maybe we aren’t playing to his strengths. But what to do about that? Change system to get uncs in the team with specific instructions to fire crosses for dykes. Lol.

Essentially we played better with him in the team. Even if his open play goals have dried up for some reason he is still a threat from set plays. Let’s hope other parts of the game start to click for him. When he has his patches of good form he does tend to get goals in gluts.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2022 0:36]
Dykes on 03:05 - Sep 22 with 4279 viewsSydneyRs

Another raging success for not putting defenders on the posts at corners. Good headers though, let's hope he gets some confidence from it.
Dykes on 07:27 - Sep 22 with 3979 viewsdmm

Lyndon credits Scotland's set piece coach for his two goals. I'm sure Harry Watling will have made a note.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/scotland-steve-clarke-ukraine-andy-
Dykes on 07:28 - Sep 22 with 3969 viewsstevec

He’s the new Messiah.

I’ve put in a request to the FA for a sixth substitute, one you can bring on for corners and free kicks but is immediately removed once open play commences.
Dykes on 07:35 - Sep 22 with 3948 viewsPaddyhoops

Fair play to him. Regardless how many he scores for us which is obviously first priority, it will increase his value. He has a very good record at international level which from a financial point of view is good for us.
Somebody will take a punt on him.
Dykes on 07:58 - Sep 22 with 3846 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dykes on 07:35 - Sep 22 by Paddyhoops

Fair play to him. Regardless how many he scores for us which is obviously first priority, it will increase his value. He has a very good record at international level which from a financial point of view is good for us.
Somebody will take a punt on him.

My first thought as well, Paddy.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dykes on 08:01 - Sep 22 with 3813 viewsgazza1

Took the goals very well but defending was very average indeed.....pleased for him & us, the R's.
Dykes on 08:17 - Sep 22 with 3765 viewsNorthernr

Perhaps change our run out music to Sunshine on Leith?
Dykes on 09:58 - Sep 22 with 3459 viewsPaddyhoops

Dykes on 08:17 - Sep 22 by Northernr

Perhaps change our run out music to Sunshine on Leith?

Don’t think I could handle “Sunshine on Leith” as Run out song . I’d be in bits as their lining up! And I’m not even Scottish!!
Dykes on 10:27 - Sep 22 with 3347 viewstonyQPR

Dykes on 09:58 - Sep 22 by Paddyhoops

Don’t think I could handle “Sunshine on Leith” as Run out song . I’d be in bits as their lining up! And I’m not even Scottish!!

If you’ve not seen it you should check out the video off hibs fans all 25,000 +!singing it together after beating rangers in the Scottish cup final at hampden. Real hairs standing on the back off your neck stuff. 😊on YouTube 👍
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024