Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Johnson RIP 10:31 - Nov 23 with 2118 viewsloftboy

Ex Liverpool,Everton and Ipswich
[Post edited 23 Nov 2022 10:37]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

David Johnson RIP on 10:36 - Nov 23 with 2094 viewsNorthantsHoop

Nice footballer from my younger years, think he was in the England team alongside our very own Gerry Francis.
David Johnson RIP on 10:47 - Nov 23 with 2041 viewsCamberleyR

David Johnson RIP on 10:36 - Nov 23 by NorthantsHoop

Nice footballer from my younger years, think he was in the England team alongside our very own Gerry Francis.

He was. The day that Gerry got two at Wembley in the 5-1 drubbing of Scotland he was one of the other scorers. A pretty underrated striker, he never played many games for England but he got 6 in his 8 games. I saw him score a couple at Wembley against Argentina in 1980 just before the Euros, a game I went to with the school.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

David Johnson RIP on 10:59 - Nov 23 with 1988 viewsdenhamhoop2

David Johnson RIP on 10:47 - Nov 23 by CamberleyR

He was. The day that Gerry got two at Wembley in the 5-1 drubbing of Scotland he was one of the other scorers. A pretty underrated striker, he never played many games for England but he got 6 in his 8 games. I saw him score a couple at Wembley against Argentina in 1980 just before the Euros, a game I went to with the school.

I was there that day and remember a 3 1 win for England with Johnson getting 2 but the highlight was Maradona who went on a run pretty similar to his 86 World Cup goal only he toe poked the shot wide he is still the best player I've ever seen live
David Johnson RIP on 11:05 - Nov 23 with 1964 viewsBrianMcCarthy

One of great Mustachioed Panini Sticker Boys of my youth.
RIP.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

David Johnson RIP on 11:20 - Nov 23 with 1913 viewsCamberleyR

David Johnson RIP on 10:59 - Nov 23 by denhamhoop2

I was there that day and remember a 3 1 win for England with Johnson getting 2 but the highlight was Maradona who went on a run pretty similar to his 86 World Cup goal only he toe poked the shot wide he is still the best player I've ever seen live

One of the few games that Maradona played in the UK. If I'm correct he only played the friendly against England, a friendly the year before against Scotland (where he scored his first international goal), a European tie with Barcelona against Man Utd and a Football League XI vs World XI game in 1987.

The mazy Maradona run at 2:37
[Post edited 23 Nov 2022 14:43]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

David Johnson RIP on 12:12 - Nov 23 with 1820 viewsterryb

RIP David.

We still have a clothes shop named after him in Ipswich! He opened the shop & traded under the name of Jontys & it's still trading.

I expect that he sold the business decades ago, but it's still regarded as his! At least, by us of a certain age!
David Johnson RIP on 17:39 - Nov 23 with 1584 viewsflynnbo

David Johnson RIP on 12:12 - Nov 23 by terryb

RIP David.

We still have a clothes shop named after him in Ipswich! He opened the shop & traded under the name of Jontys & it's still trading.

I expect that he sold the business decades ago, but it's still regarded as his! At least, by us of a certain age!

A highly talented striker who was underrated by many. RIP

Was it not he who received a dreadful gash on the inside of his thigh when playing for Ipswich against Lazio in Italy?
[Post edited 23 Nov 2022 17:47]
David Johnson RIP on 22:03 - Nov 23 with 1396 viewslongbottom

David Johnson RIP on 17:39 - Nov 23 by flynnbo

A highly talented striker who was underrated by many. RIP

Was it not he who received a dreadful gash on the inside of his thigh when playing for Ipswich against Lazio in Italy?
[Post edited 23 Nov 2022 17:47]

A wonderful footballer and very underrated IMO. I did have the misfortune to buy a couple of shirts in Jontys many many years ago, but that’s another story. RIP son,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024