Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top of the table to this !!! 19:16 - Feb 25 with 4224 viewsnumptydumpty

This statement might not be taken too well.

But Beale must have been some kind of miracle worker to get this group of players to the top of the division,

Whatever we all think about the dreadful flirting with other clubs almost from day one, it must be seen that he must have been doing many things right to get this lot topping the table after SIXTEEN games !!!?

I know he is now seen as a pariah and with good reason but you can't really knock that statement as a pretty impressive feat.

Professional footballers who are paid very handsomely even at our level should not be throwing the towel in every game and its the lack of effort that riles so much. There must be talent there.

To be honest it's an utter disgrace.

I wish Ainsworth well and let's hope we somehow scrape a couple of wins and the odd draw which should be enough to get us in a position to survive in this league.

But really we should be nowhere near how bad we are currently...
[Post edited 25 Feb 2023 19:18]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Top of the table to this !!! on 19:30 - Feb 25 with 3568 viewstraininvain

Beale did a good job but let’s not forget that results were on the slide before he left and his decision to leave after a few months has directly contributed to certain players downing tools ever since.

He’s as much to blame for our current situation as anyone imo.
Top of the table to this !!! on 19:48 - Feb 25 with 3464 viewsqpr_1968

Top of the table to this !!! on 19:30 - Feb 25 by traininvain

Beale did a good job but let’s not forget that results were on the slide before he left and his decision to leave after a few months has directly contributed to certain players downing tools ever since.

did'nt the slide coincide with the wolves job he did'nt take.
we all know why he did'nt take it, he was waiting for club he's at now.

i agree with the op, and have said before, i was gutted when he went.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Top of the table to this !!! on 19:50 - Feb 25 with 3448 viewsslmrstid

Agreed, in fact I'd be inclined to say Beale is a character who runs away as soon as things get difficult.
Top of the table to this !!! on 19:52 - Feb 25 with 3440 viewsnumptydumpty

Totally disagree.

Players downing tools since Beale left, is totally the blame of those particular players.

Unbelievably unprofessional.

The results were on the slide because am sure the players knew he was soon to be on his way but what's happened since Beale left is totally at the fault of this squad we have currently.

It's far from Beales fault we could soon be skirting relegation..

Top of the table to this !!! on 19:52 - Feb 25 with 3416 viewsSonofpugwash

Injuries have ravaged this club from what Bile had.
Plus the fact you are constantly playing against 12 men,the extra one being Kismet (on loan from Hades FC).
Steps must be taken to address this.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Top of the table to this !!! on 19:54 - Feb 25 with 3411 viewsnumptydumpty

Top of the table to this !!! on 19:50 - Feb 25 by slmrstid

Agreed, in fact I'd be inclined to say Beale is a character who runs away as soon as things get difficult.

Things were far from bad when he left. Just on edge of playoffs.

Top of the table to this !!! on 19:59 - Feb 25 with 3375 viewstraininvain

Top of the table to this !!! on 19:52 - Feb 25 by numptydumpty

Totally disagree.

Players downing tools since Beale left, is totally the blame of those particular players.

Unbelievably unprofessional.

The results were on the slide because am sure the players knew he was soon to be on his way but what's happened since Beale left is totally at the fault of this squad we have currently.

It's far from Beales fault we could soon be skirting relegation..

So you’re absolving Beale of any blame while saying it’s all on the players but can you remind me who assembled most of this team last summer?

Of course the players deserve most of the blame but we wouldn’t be in this mess if that snake Beale had an ounce of integrity and loyalty in that fat gut of his.

I can’t believe anyone would look at our current situation and conclude that Beale did any good for the club.
Top of the table to this !!! on 20:05 - Feb 25 with 3323 viewsslmrstid

Top of the table to this !!! on 19:54 - Feb 25 by numptydumpty

Things were far from bad when he left. Just on edge of playoffs.

Ah yes but the form had already collapsed at that point.
Login to get fewer ads

Top of the table to this !!! on 20:07 - Feb 25 with 3307 viewsnumptydumpty

Top of the table to this !!! on 19:59 - Feb 25 by traininvain

So you’re absolving Beale of any blame while saying it’s all on the players but can you remind me who assembled most of this team last summer?

Of course the players deserve most of the blame but we wouldn’t be in this mess if that snake Beale had an ounce of integrity and loyalty in that fat gut of his.

I can’t believe anyone would look at our current situation and conclude that Beale did any good for the club.

I said Beale was doing well for us before he left.

Like all of us, no one was more disappointed than me when he left under a cloud but the squad he had were good enough yo be competitive under his tenure.

The fact that many have downed tools since is not Beales fault. Whatever we think of him, he was getting a tune out of these players.

The lack of fight has been the fault of the players reactions since Beale has gone.

Top of the table to this !!! on 20:07 - Feb 25 with 3301 viewsDejR_vu

That second half was absolutely f@cking dross. WTF? Unbelievable.

Why Dozzell for Chair? Could Richards have not managed an hour?

Albert for Martin? I assume the plan was to get some crosses in? Who was going to get on the end of them? Lowe was abject, why not pull him?

Richards on in the 88th minute? 😵‍💫

F@ck me, we’re in big, big trouble now.

If GA doesn’t get a tune out of them next week, we might as well waive the rest of the fixtures.

I’m sick of wasting half my weekend on this bunch of w@nkers.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Top of the table to this !!! on 20:19 - Feb 25 with 3239 viewstraininvain

Top of the table to this !!! on 20:07 - Feb 25 by numptydumpty

I said Beale was doing well for us before he left.

Like all of us, no one was more disappointed than me when he left under a cloud but the squad he had were good enough yo be competitive under his tenure.

The fact that many have downed tools since is not Beales fault. Whatever we think of him, he was getting a tune out of these players.

The lack of fight has been the fault of the players reactions since Beale has gone.

Half of Beale’s signings have rarely been seen since Daddy left for Rangers. Balogun, JCS, Richards etc. Others have been a shell of the players they were before he left (Paal, Laird, Tim etc).

It’s an absolute disgrace from the players but also the responsibility of the person who brought them to the club before whoring himself around to other clubs only a few months later.

I’m not giving the players a pass here but you’ll have to forgive me if you think Beale deserves anything other than our disdain for his role in this complete clusterfuvk of a season.
Top of the table to this !!! on 20:51 - Feb 25 with 3127 viewsconnell10

Can't we just forget the boil faced bullshitter!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Top of the table to this !!! on 22:18 - Feb 25 with 2946 viewsdistortR

it's seeming more and more to me, that Beale came to the club, had a good look at the problems we've been talking about these last few months, and did one.
He probably saw what did for Warburton, and decided to jump ship asap.
It's becoming clear that while what Beale did was wrong, he's not the real problem. Critchley spoke of other teams knowing of our mental weakness's last season.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2023 22:26]
Top of the table to this !!! on 23:08 - Feb 25 with 2784 viewsMonkey_Roots

Starting the season, we had belief. Beale may be a bullsh!tter, but he had the players believing.

He bought in a lively, technically sound RB in Laird, and paired him up with an equally lively, and equally technically sound Paal - we had wing backs who bombed forward and stuck some crosses in the box.

He bought JCS in, and although sporadic appearances early on, he was reliable, showed good anticipation and awareness, and looked like a step up in quality. Balogun initially bought with him experience and put in consistent, and steady performances in front of Senny, who himself was having a great start to the season. Dickie was on the bench, and Dunne was capable and benefitting from the new boys.

Our defence was performing well enough, at least in wasn’t a concern - except for set pieces, of course.

Field was having a stormer, he was everywhere. Chair and Willock were firing, and even Dykes was popping a few in.

Then Wolves.

That’s when things changed I think. Uncertainty. We had our pants pulled down. Players who came to play for Beale, not QPR, probably felt let down (and they were). The fact that our DOF put them and us in a position where this could happen, is something that needs addressing.

Then came the new boss, and he wasn’t as charismatic as the the last, maybe wasn’t as inspirational. The players forgot that they were professionals, who played for a club, not one man. Their heads went. Then, bring on the injuries, lots of them… our squad is bare bones now. We don’t have the luxury of adapting formations and bringing in strategic personnel changes to suit our opponents. We’re stuck with who we have - either old, injury prone or inexperienced. This is where we find ourselves… and yet another manager. He’s right for us, the fans, but is he right for the players? Will they look at where’s he’s been and think ‘this fella has been there seen it, done it at a level where I want to be’? Probably not. So we have to hope that his style, man management, and tactics will show them the way.

A properly unprecedented amount of sh!te has befallen us in a very short space of time, that’s why we’ve gone from 1st to this right here.

We might scrape through, if we are lucky, and survive this season. But we do need 2 or 3 wins to be sure, and I can’t see where we are going to get them.
Top of the table to this !!! on 23:26 - Feb 25 with 2704 viewsrrrspricey

Top of the table to this !!! on 23:08 - Feb 25 by Monkey_Roots

Starting the season, we had belief. Beale may be a bullsh!tter, but he had the players believing.

He bought in a lively, technically sound RB in Laird, and paired him up with an equally lively, and equally technically sound Paal - we had wing backs who bombed forward and stuck some crosses in the box.

He bought JCS in, and although sporadic appearances early on, he was reliable, showed good anticipation and awareness, and looked like a step up in quality. Balogun initially bought with him experience and put in consistent, and steady performances in front of Senny, who himself was having a great start to the season. Dickie was on the bench, and Dunne was capable and benefitting from the new boys.

Our defence was performing well enough, at least in wasn’t a concern - except for set pieces, of course.

Field was having a stormer, he was everywhere. Chair and Willock were firing, and even Dykes was popping a few in.

Then Wolves.

That’s when things changed I think. Uncertainty. We had our pants pulled down. Players who came to play for Beale, not QPR, probably felt let down (and they were). The fact that our DOF put them and us in a position where this could happen, is something that needs addressing.

Then came the new boss, and he wasn’t as charismatic as the the last, maybe wasn’t as inspirational. The players forgot that they were professionals, who played for a club, not one man. Their heads went. Then, bring on the injuries, lots of them… our squad is bare bones now. We don’t have the luxury of adapting formations and bringing in strategic personnel changes to suit our opponents. We’re stuck with who we have - either old, injury prone or inexperienced. This is where we find ourselves… and yet another manager. He’s right for us, the fans, but is he right for the players? Will they look at where’s he’s been and think ‘this fella has been there seen it, done it at a level where I want to be’? Probably not. So we have to hope that his style, man management, and tactics will show them the way.

A properly unprecedented amount of sh!te has befallen us in a very short space of time, that’s why we’ve gone from 1st to this right here.

We might scrape through, if we are lucky, and survive this season. But we do need 2 or 3 wins to be sure, and I can’t see where we are going to get them.

Nail, head
Top of the table to this !!! on 02:12 - Feb 26 with 2545 viewsstrikerace

Its crazy. After the Reading win I believe we were in 1st place, that was in early October.

What the hell has happened?
Top of the table to this !!! on 02:24 - Feb 26 with 2527 viewsVancouverHoop

Beale happened.

His commitment to himself superseded that of the players or our club.

It sucks. But it's how football is today. Looked at from the other end of the telescope, we treated Critchley just as callously as Beale did QPR.
Top of the table to this !!! on 06:38 - Feb 26 with 2323 viewsSimplyNico

Let's not forget that it wasn't just Beale that went. He took the First Team coaching squad with him him as well, Neil Banfield, Damian Matthew and Harry Wartling. That's where the continuity went.
Top of the table to this !!! on 07:49 - Feb 26 with 2200 viewsdistortR

Top of the table to this !!! on 06:38 - Feb 26 by SimplyNico

Let's not forget that it wasn't just Beale that went. He took the First Team coaching squad with him him as well, Neil Banfield, Damian Matthew and Harry Wartling. That's where the continuity went.

I agree, but it's not the full story. There is a continuity between now and the second half of last season.
Top of the table to this !!! on 08:01 - Feb 26 with 2176 viewsGloucs_R

We can blame Beale and Critchley but Les, Hoos and the board are the guilty ones.

Apparently we had a game plan. Set budget, buy low, sell high, develop from within.

Blew this when they threw money at Warburton to sign Austin and Stefan Johansen.

Really really screwed it up by letting Beale buy players who we knew were risks.

In business, you execute against an agreed business plan. Be that a 12 month, 3 year or five year plan. We don't do that. We seem to run on knee jerk reactions and social media pressure.

Whether we stay up or go down, I think we need a brand new philosophy as a club.

First of all we need to address our playing style because it's not suited to the championship and the budget we have.

Secondly we need to look seriously at our youth set up and evaluate if it is cost-effective.

My personal preference would be just to run a B team and bring in players who have perhaps not made the grade at other clubs join that to begin with. I don't have access to all of the budgets to see which one is most financially viable. But when you analyze the success of our players over the last decade nearly all of them have come from other teams and only Bowler and Sterling have come from within.

The Great Rangers Reset.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Top of the table to this !!! on 08:04 - Feb 26 with 2150 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Top of the table to this !!! on 20:05 - Feb 25 by slmrstid

Ah yes but the form had already collapsed at that point.

I personally couldnt remember what our foorm was just before he left. But having just looked back, Beale left at the end of October. Of the 7 games that we played in October, we won 5 of them. So I just don't go with the "our form had already collapsed" argument. It did certainly collapse from the 1st of November.?
Top of the table to this !!! on 08:08 - Feb 26 with 2118 viewsWestonsuperR

Agreed.

Beale has also won every match at Rangers, apart from one draw vs Celtic and has got them to a final. Beale’s managerial record of taking us top and the start he has at Rangers is excellent.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2023 8:34]
Top of the table to this !!! on 08:10 - Feb 26 with 2096 viewsjohnhoop

Top of the table to this !!! on 08:04 - Feb 26 by dodge_stoke_r

I personally couldnt remember what our foorm was just before he left. But having just looked back, Beale left at the end of October. Of the 7 games that we played in October, we won 5 of them. So I just don't go with the "our form had already collapsed" argument. It did certainly collapse from the 1st of November.?

I’m pretty sure the actual figures are that after the win against Wigan we took one point out of fifteen in his last five games in charge, drawing one and losing the rest.
He was the manager in November as well, up till the World Cup.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2023 8:13]
Top of the table to this !!! on 08:41 - Feb 26 with 1956 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Top of the table to this !!! on 08:10 - Feb 26 by johnhoop

I’m pretty sure the actual figures are that after the win against Wigan we took one point out of fifteen in his last five games in charge, drawing one and losing the rest.
He was the manager in November as well, up till the World Cup.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2023 8:13]

Like i say i couldn't remember exactly when he left. I thought i was earlier than you say. But if that's right about about the dates then yes we were in a dip when he left.
Top of the table to this !!! on 09:32 - Feb 26 with 1765 viewsenfieldargh

Top of the table to this !!! on 08:41 - Feb 26 by dodge_stoke_r

Like i say i couldn't remember exactly when he left. I thought i was earlier than you say. But if that's right about about the dates then yes we were in a dip when he left.

We were in a dip, failed to beat Rotherham & Blackpool at home.

Poor performances V Charlton, Sunderland(rescued by Seny), Swansea, Stoke, Luton, Birminghsm, WBA, Huddersfield defeats.

I'm amazed that the wins we did record have kept us north of the bottom 3.

Hang on Lost at home to Blackpool & Huddersfield drew with Rotherham.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024