Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading possible points deduction incoming 22:43 - Mar 30 with 29097 viewsloftboy

Just had a look on their forum and there is a chance it’s being announced in the next 48 hours.

https://www.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=190164&sid=b55f9f558fd0d8a0ad84
[Post edited 30 Mar 2023 22:50]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Reading possible points deduction incoming on 19:04 - Mar 31 with 5598 viewsslmrstid

Football club in chaotic financial management? Must be a day ending in Y...
Reading possible points deduction incoming on 19:19 - Mar 31 with 5516 viewsPaddyhoops

Reading possible points deduction incoming on 17:19 - Mar 31 by Northernr

Forest promotion season accounts out today - lost £45m, £201 wages to every £100 of turnover, £41m put in by the owner.

If they do go down regardless of parachute payments , I should imagine the wage bill will be astronomical.
Still according to some commentators, Cooper is a genius so I should imagine it won’t be a problem!
Reading possible points deduction incoming on 20:39 - Mar 31 with 5341 viewsSimonD

A couple of things to bear in mind regarding Reading are that while they have had a stupidly large wage bill for a number of seasons, they have sold both their ground and training ground in recent years. This will have kept hem from breaching FFP for a few seasons. Obviously they have run out of things to sell.

This particular punishment is, I believe, solely because they have failed to stay within the terms of their agreement, and not to do with a new breach. If they have breached again, that will be looked upon in its own right.

Their suspended points deduction was predicated on them dropping their player wage bill to £21.1m for the last season (which they did), but then down to £16m for this season which, presumably, they have failed to do.

I think it is also important to bear in mind that the punishments dealt out are not designed to guarantee relegation, if anything, they are more to prevent promotion.
Reading possible points deduction incoming on 20:41 - Mar 31 with 5334 viewsSimonD

Reading possible points deduction incoming on 17:19 - Mar 31 by Northernr

Forest promotion season accounts out today - lost £45m, £201 wages to every £100 of turnover, £41m put in by the owner.

There are, presumably, promotion bonuses included in that wages figure. These are outside of the scope of FFP.
Reading possible points deduction incoming on 20:47 - Mar 31 with 5305 viewsNorthernr

Reading possible points deduction incoming on 20:41 - Mar 31 by SimonD

There are, presumably, promotion bonuses included in that wages figure. These are outside of the scope of FFP.

£20m in bonuses apparently.
Reading possible points deduction incoming on 20:58 - Mar 31 with 5277 viewsterryb

Reading possible points deduction incoming on 20:41 - Mar 31 by SimonD

I'm certain you're correct Simon & that they are outside the scope of FFP.

My brain struggles to understand why it is though! It is still contracted payments made to staff & players & the club (surely) would have had to pay NIC on the bonuses. Is the NIC part outside FFP?
Reading possible points deduction incoming on 20:58 - Mar 31 with 5276 viewsSimonD

Reading possible points deduction incoming on 20:47 - Mar 31 by Northernr

£20m in bonuses apparently.

That's a lot. But it may bring their income/wage ration (for FFP) down to 1:1. Still too high of course for a normal business.
Reading possible points deduction incoming on 21:05 - Mar 31 with 5248 viewsSimonD

Reading possible points deduction incoming on 20:58 - Mar 31 by terryb

I'm certain you're correct Simon & that they are outside the scope of FFP.

My brain struggles to understand why it is though! It is still contracted payments made to staff & players & the club (surely) would have had to pay NIC on the bonuses. Is the NIC part outside FFP?

These are very much exceptional costs, a club's budget can't be based on the certainty that they are going to be promoted.

I worked out the QPR's were at least £15m under Redknapp (probably more to him than the whole squad combined), hence the difference between our actual loss and the £42m fine the EFL were arguing for.
Login to get fewer ads

Reading possible points deduction incoming on 09:11 - Apr 2 with 4732 viewsTGRRRSSS

Why has nobody else been punished like that?

Yes we broke the rules but as they changed them one can only assume thery realised everyone would end up screwed and the league would maybe die, so they altered it, yet are punishment still stood even though they admitted it being wrong.

I think the Clubs need to look at this going forward as I can see a time when enough get together and go to EFL and say - look.

I guess if everyone started offering salaries more akin to the business generation (like any other business does)

Whilst people are still keen to fund it I guess.

I cant help thinking if United get taken over by a bottomless pit wealthy state this will finally break football somehow.
Reading possible points deduction incoming on 09:59 - Apr 2 with 4594 viewsAndybrat

Sort of related and shows the promised land.Watched Bournemouth vs Fulham on MOTD last night, crowd of 10,000.
Reading possible points deduction incoming on 22:39 - Apr 3 with 4310 viewsaston_hoop

Berkshire live journo things it'll be confirmed by the next game

https://mobile.twitter.com/jonathanl50/status/1642938218533339149

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Reading possible points deduction incoming on 22:55 - Apr 3 with 4252 viewsjoolsyp

Reading possible points deduction incoming on 22:39 - Apr 3 by aston_hoop

It helps but I'd much rather we just focus on ourselves and get the two wins we need - our destiny is in our own hands, if we rely on others to be worse than us then we're down IMO.
Reading possible points deduction incoming on 10:20 - Apr 4 with 3858 viewsQPR_John

Reading possible points deduction incoming on 22:39 - Apr 3 by aston_hoop

Doubt it makes much difference to us. Puts them 2 points behind with 7 games to go. Who’d put money on them not making that up.
Reading possible points deduction incoming on 12:37 - Apr 4 with 3660 viewsmikeygunn

6 point deduction confirmed
Reading possible points deduction incoming on 12:43 - Apr 4 with 3622 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

We're up to 18th! Now for a few more teams to lose 10-12 points as we won't be getting many (any) more.
Reading possible points deduction incoming on 12:45 - Apr 4 with 3604 viewsLblock

Madness we are relying on this sort of shoite

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Reading possible points deduction incoming on 12:45 - Apr 4 with 3601 viewsjeffranger

Confirmed 6 points deducted
Reading possible points deduction incoming on 12:50 - Apr 4 with 3535 views08olesen

If we go down you cant say we dont deserve it!

Poll: Who will the other play off

Reading possible points deduction incoming on 12:54 - Apr 4 with 3486 viewsLongsufferingR

After we beat them on 7th October, we were 4th, 1 point off the top and they were 6th, 3 points off the top. Incredible.
Reading possible points deduction incoming on 13:49 - Apr 4 with 3247 viewsdanehoop

Reading possible points deduction incoming on 12:54 - Apr 4 by LongsufferingR

After we beat them on 7th October, we were 4th, 1 point off the top and they were 6th, 3 points off the top. Incredible.

6 points seems very light given how much contempt they showed for the rules over several seasons.

Not normally feeling like that, just very aware how crap we are at the moment, so grasping at straws at this point.

Never knowingly understood

Reading possible points deduction incoming on 16:54 - Apr 4 with 3091 viewsHarbour

Reading possible points deduction incoming on 12:45 - Apr 4 by jeffranger

Confirmed 6 points deducted

Yes and Wigan points deduction if we screw it up relegation is what we deserve…just hoping somehow we bag some points but can’t see it at the moment.
Reading possible points deduction incoming on 15:14 - Apr 5 with 2778 viewsloftboy

If by some miracle we manage to get 3 points Friday and the fakes lose I’ll be stressing a lot less.

Reading possible points deduction incoming on 16:29 - Apr 5 with 2661 viewsPinnerPaul

Reading possible points deduction incoming on 12:50 - Apr 4 by 08olesen

If we go down you cant say we dont deserve it!

Its a 46 game season, always said you finish where you deserve to.
Reading possible points deduction incoming on 16:06 - Sep 13 with 1740 viewsloftboy

Another 3 points for failing to deposit funds as requested.

Reading possible points deduction incoming on 16:11 - Sep 13 with 1674 viewsted_hendrix

Reading possible points deduction incoming on 16:06 - Sep 13 by loftboy

Another 3 points for failing to deposit funds as requested.

John Percy
@JPercyTelegraph
The omnishambles continues at #ReadingFC - a new 3-point deduction for failing to deposit funds in a designated account by yesterday’s deadline. Independent commission made the decision today. That’s now a total of 16 points deducted under the current ownership

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024