Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are the financial implications if we get relegated 17:23 - Apr 17 with 2799 viewsAkindweevil

I read with intereston the forum, and some surprise, that the FFP regulations seem not to apply in league one. I got the impression that this might be a good thing (given our imbalanced financial situation).

Then I started thinking about other financial implications relating to a further loss of income. I was looking at the average attendance figures in league 1, so I am sure this will have an impact. My memory is a bit blurred here, but I did not think home atttendances dropped by more than a couple of thousand per game last time we were down in the doldrums- maybe I am wrong- but that will also be significant over a season. And there are merchandise sales and TV revenues of course. So, even if our owners continue to pour money into the club, does anyone have a sense of what the implications of the financial hit would be if we did get relegated?

(Cheaper tickets would be nice, but I suspect that is wishful thinking!)
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 17:24]
What are the financial implications if we get relegated on 17:57 - Apr 17 with 2637 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hoos has said in the past it would be devastating financially to go down.

If the team does well in L1, attendance figures will be fine, if not better than currently. I wuld imagine they would have to lower prices.

Short term, we would almost certainly have to sell almost anyone we could get a fee for. I genuinely think there's a serious chance we could drop to L2, because you're talking, whatever happens, about major surgery this summer.

Bare bones.

What are the financial implications if we get relegated on 18:15 - Apr 17 with 2578 viewsMelakaRanger

I too fear that if we go down we will be in League 2 before too long.

This club needs major surgery. Top to bottom. The owners have needed to bring in some seasoned football consultants to critically assess every part of the operation - just like any big business does.
Then said report to be acted upon this May and June.

But still they cling to “trusting” the people they have put in place. Sadly most very person they have entrusted has let them down either by incompetence, inability, lining of one’s own pocket or rank laziness

Until this Board gets nasty we are going to continue to decline

As many of us have said many times before. None of our owners would allow their existing businesses to operate as they allow QPR to operate, so why do they allow it at Loftus Rd?
What are the financial implications if we get relegated on 18:28 - Apr 17 with 2524 viewsPaddyhoops

What are the financial implications if we get relegated on 17:57 - Apr 17 by Antti_Heinola

Hoos has said in the past it would be devastating financially to go down.

If the team does well in L1, attendance figures will be fine, if not better than currently. I wuld imagine they would have to lower prices.

Short term, we would almost certainly have to sell almost anyone we could get a fee for. I genuinely think there's a serious chance we could drop to L2, because you're talking, whatever happens, about major surgery this summer.

I take it if we go down a lot of players will leave and the replacements will be league one money.
So if it’s going to be disastrous financially, I presume Hoos and Les will be on a lower wage in tandem with the players.
However
I can’t see either being here next season whether we go up or down .
They both bear a big responsibility for our predicament.
What are the financial implications if we get relegated on 18:34 - Apr 17 with 2503 viewsted_hendrix

What are the financial implications if we get relegated on 18:15 - Apr 17 by MelakaRanger

I too fear that if we go down we will be in League 2 before too long.

This club needs major surgery. Top to bottom. The owners have needed to bring in some seasoned football consultants to critically assess every part of the operation - just like any big business does.
Then said report to be acted upon this May and June.

But still they cling to “trusting” the people they have put in place. Sadly most very person they have entrusted has let them down either by incompetence, inability, lining of one’s own pocket or rank laziness

Until this Board gets nasty we are going to continue to decline

As many of us have said many times before. None of our owners would allow their existing businesses to operate as they allow QPR to operate, so why do they allow it at Loftus Rd?

The 'Owners' have like us watched our steady decline for Years and done nothing about It (well not to my knowledge anyway).
Well come Monday 9th May they're gonna have to do something about It whether we're In this league or the one below.
In league One our attendances will suffer Vis-à-vis big clubs with a big following, sponsership will probably suffer (lack of TV exposure), one of the things that really bothers me Is If our results suffer down there then player and supporter malaise will set In.
I cant bear the thought of relegation, I've tried to think maybe It will be a good thing to reset and go again but never In a hundred Years, never.

I can't believe that our owners have sat and watched us slowly sinking bit by bit year on year and done nothing about It.

Well the boat set sail years ago and the horse slowly bolted years ago whilst you watched.

Now like us supporter's take your medicine.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

What are the financial implications if we get relegated on 18:59 - Apr 17 with 2433 viewsstevec

We’d lose about £5m in TV income, not a lot from ticket income and could fairly easily counter those losses with removal of some of these first team wasters. The reduction in income could comfortably be offset, in fact the owners could if they do choose, cut the £2m a month loss in half if they wished and we should still be a mid table L1 side.

We’d also get the chance to see these owners in their true light. Do they honour their pledge that they’d spend if only they were allowed to or would we find out finally if that was another fantasy.

Was discussing this before last Saturdays game, if you had the money would you buy a championship club or a National League club. We agreed, a national league club all day long. This should also apply to well positioned L1 or L2 clubs, the scope is so much better.

It’s a huge gamble but if you’re going to go down and come back up the following season, this is likely to be the best season to have done it. The club has gone stale and it needs a reboot.
What are the financial implications if we get relegated on 19:03 - Apr 17 with 2418 viewsRangersw12

It's the "normal" people behind the scenes I will feel sorry for as there is likely to be redundancies
What are the financial implications if we get relegated on 22:05 - Apr 17 with 2190 viewsDWQPR

I’ll put a positive swing on this. If we go down the club is without doubt in a far better position than the last time we was relegated to the third tier. Then we was in administration and remained there for a good part of that season, had seven fit contracted players and two more that were long term absentees and had more trialists playing pre-season then one could imagine. At least we have very rich and benevolent owners who seem as frustrated about FFP as we all are. During the interview with Amit and Ruben a couple of months ago it seems that if they did anything other than continue to fund the club then they would get both barrels from their own QPR mad kids! And where better than to get rid of those who don’t want to be here and then build a squad that will be united and would be capable of bouncing back within a couple of years stronger than what we have.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

What are the financial implications if we get relegated on 00:20 - Apr 18 with 1976 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Ive said this in another thread a while back. Ive been working match days at Port Vale this season and have only seen QPR on internet feeds. But ive seen a lot of league one fotball. IMHO we will struggle to be mid table in league one. Any thoughts of a quick return is very, very optimistic.
Login to get fewer ads

What are the financial implications if we get relegated on 09:16 - Apr 18 with 1719 viewsstantheman10

What are the financial implications if we get relegated on 00:20 - Apr 18 by dodge_stoke_r

Ive said this in another thread a while back. Ive been working match days at Port Vale this season and have only seen QPR on internet feeds. But ive seen a lot of league one fotball. IMHO we will struggle to be mid table in league one. Any thoughts of a quick return is very, very optimistic.

If we go down we'll have a different team and a manager (if we keep Ainsworth) who is vastly experienced in League 1 so I'm not sure we would struggle
What are the financial implications if we get relegated on 09:54 - Apr 18 with 1649 viewsterryb

What are the financial implications if we get relegated on 22:05 - Apr 17 by DWQPR

I’ll put a positive swing on this. If we go down the club is without doubt in a far better position than the last time we was relegated to the third tier. Then we was in administration and remained there for a good part of that season, had seven fit contracted players and two more that were long term absentees and had more trialists playing pre-season then one could imagine. At least we have very rich and benevolent owners who seem as frustrated about FFP as we all are. During the interview with Amit and Ruben a couple of months ago it seems that if they did anything other than continue to fund the club then they would get both barrels from their own QPR mad kids! And where better than to get rid of those who don’t want to be here and then build a squad that will be united and would be capable of bouncing back within a couple of years stronger than what we have.

I'm fairly sure we were out of administration before the season started. Indeed, I think we had to be out of it to be allowed to play in the FL that season. Hence, why we had to take out the extortionate loan from ABC(?).

A major difference this season is that we have far more players that will still be contracted to the club. That might not be a good thing though! Signing a completely new team was the lifeline that gave the club a new lease of life.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024