Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martin 04:27 - Apr 20 with 1731 viewsmylot50years

I just can't understand why GA is so obviously insisting in starting Martin every game, I think he is an honest enough type but is really lacking in sharpness and physically making his presence felt in the penalty box.
I would be interesting to see how many shots he had on target since he's joined us.
Ok to use as a late substitute but that would appear to be about it, with 3 games left we need more movement going forward and inturn be a lot less predictable up front than we have been game after game.5
Martin on 04:52 - Apr 20 with 1698 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Someone will come along and prove me wrong but I’d imagine he has scored more goals per game than anyone else.
Martin on 07:24 - Apr 20 with 1517 viewsnumptydumpty

Add to that, being captain

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Martin on 07:28 - Apr 20 with 1501 viewsgazza1

Interesting, I would suggest that he shows 'well' off the pitch.....experienced, talks a lot, good trainer, good ideas, lots of things that we do not see.
Martin on 07:32 - Apr 20 with 1491 viewsnumptydumpty

Martin on 07:28 - Apr 20 by gazza1

Interesting, I would suggest that he shows 'well' off the pitch.....experienced, talks a lot, good trainer, good ideas, lots of things that we do not see.

All well and good if he is a coach but he is not.

He is a player that is cumbersome, old for a striker and a bit of a lump.

So choice to be playing ahead of several more technically gifted players is weird.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Martin on 07:38 - Apr 20 with 1466 viewsgazza1

Martin on 07:32 - Apr 20 by numptydumpty

So choice to be playing ahead of several more technically gifted players is weird.

Who else you going to play up front if you want 2 there???
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 7:38]
Martin on 09:25 - Apr 20 with 1283 viewsstinkydad

Haaland would struggle with the service we provide.
Martin on 09:37 - Apr 20 with 1251 viewsjoe90

Martin on 04:52 - Apr 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

Someone will come along and prove me wrong but I’d imagine he has scored more goals per game than anyone else.

Willock (0.32)
Roberts (0.29)
Martin (0.28)

Not sure how much I'd read into it, but if we were to go by the stats Willock comes out on top if you factor in his assists.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 12:52]
Martin on 10:08 - Apr 20 with 1175 viewsQPROslo

Martin on 09:37 - Apr 20 by joe90

Willock (0.32)
Roberts (0.29)
Martin (0.28)

Not sure how much I'd read into it, but if we were to go by the stats Willock comes out on top if you factor in his assists.

Martin isn't contributing anything much other than tying up a big defender each game, giving us a bad excuse to lob up high balls in his vague direction all game. I'd much prefer to have Lowe or Armstrong if fit in place of him who might get onto Dykes flick ons, or an extra attacking midfielder who might create something Richards, Willock though it's been a while, or Roberts if he's ever fit. I'd prefer us in a 4 3 3 varying the passing game we've played for some years with some long balls for the more mobile Dykes.
Login to get fewer ads

Martin on 12:36 - Apr 20 with 1038 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Martin on 09:37 - Apr 20 by joe90

Willock (0.32)
Roberts (0.29)
Martin (0.28)

Thanks someone!
Martin on 13:29 - Apr 20 with 889 viewsenfieldargh

Whenever Armstrong has played it seems he either gets deployed on the flanks or just ends up being out there.

His big pluses are pace, energy, aggression, passion. Dykes getting better as the season draws to a close.

Negatives on Armstrong ;injury prone, lack of goals which go with game time

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Martin on 13:49 - Apr 20 with 829 viewsR_from_afar

Martin on 07:32 - Apr 20 by numptydumpty

Playing "more technically gifted players" is a seductive argument until you ask yourself which of those players:
- Is in form (Willock looks like he will never have another good game for us)
- Has scored recently, or even ever (Armstrong is not fit and in any case, has never scored for us. Richards hasn't scored a goal for two years)
- Is fit to play (Roberts is injured, surprise surprise. Lowe is fit - and creative, if he puts in a shift - and started yesterday).
At least Martin, though, slow, scores occasionally and can function as a targetman, so we can get the ball into a (potentially) dangerous area.

Two up top is not my preferred way to do it but we are utterly desperate now and very short of effective alternatives. The team's inability to create chances through multi-pass moves predates the Ainsworth era.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024