Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two Masters 00:54 - Jul 18 with 1805 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Two Masters on 19:30 - Jul 18 with 1557 viewsPaddyhoops

Great interview. Remember reading Puckoon on a flight back to Ireland once.
I’m sure other passengers thought I was nuts as I was laughing so much at Spike's insane pride.
Two Masters on 19:35 - Jul 18 with 1535 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Milligan was a hero, but far too often his interviews were poor. Parkiinson, and it would be him, really draws so much out of him here. Superb interviewing style.

Two Masters on 20:22 - Jul 18 with 1448 viewsMick_S

Two Masters on 19:30 - Jul 18 by Paddyhoops

Great interview. Remember reading Puckoon on a flight back to Ireland once.
I’m sure other passengers thought I was nuts as I was laughing so much at Spike's insane pride.

I had the same thing reading his war memoirs on a beach in Crete many years ago. The people next to me must have thought I was nuts. So many genuine laughs - great stuff.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2023 20:22]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Two Masters on 20:49 - Jul 18 with 1387 viewsextratimeR

Two Masters on 20:22 - Jul 18 by Mick_S

I had the same thing reading his war memoirs on a beach in Crete many years ago. The people next to me must have thought I was nuts. So many genuine laughs - great stuff.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2023 20:22]

Some wines are best drunk young, that's why I started when I was 7

Magnificent
Two Masters on 09:24 - Jul 19 with 1274 viewsPaddyhoops

in years to come Jake Clarke Salter will have the same epitaph as Spike on his tombstone.
“ I told you I was ill!”
Two Masters on 14:26 - Jul 19 with 1156 viewsBluce_Ree

Spike always came across as weird rather than funny. A bit like Ken Dodd or the American Ken Dodd, Robin Williams. You can listen to a whole routine and in the end be as stony-faced as a Russian Bridge Club and not have one decent joke from the entire set.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Two Masters on 14:47 - Jul 19 with 1134 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Two Masters on 14:26 - Jul 19 by Bluce_Ree

Spike always came across as weird rather than funny. A bit like Ken Dodd or the American Ken Dodd, Robin Williams. You can listen to a whole routine and in the end be as stony-faced as a Russian Bridge Club and not have one decent joke from the entire set.

I know what you mean.

He was a brilliant author and comedy writer, capable of near-genius, and I think the discipline of taking time to think things through suited him, but in so many interviews there was no filter and everything that came into his head seemed to come out his mouth, some of it damn funny but much of it just laughing and near-hysterical.

Two Masters on 15:06 - Jul 19 with 1109 viewsBoston

Started reading Puckoon after boarding a train at Wembley Park, by the time I got to Neasden I was unable to control my laughter- that's what Neasden does to a man.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Two Masters on 18:04 - Jul 19 with 1018 viewsJuzzie

Much to my mum's constant exasperation I've never been a book reader, far from it. However, a couple of the few books I have read (which were hers) were "Monty: His Part in My Victory" and "Adolf Hitler: My Part in his Downfall".

Brilliant reads.
Two Masters on 18:21 - Jul 19 with 993 viewshantssi

Agreed, the early memoirs were brilliant, but they tailed off towards the end, especially the one(s) after the war.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024