Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dobson on podcast. 10:39 - Sep 14 with 3396 viewsconnell10

Very good pod this week , he comes across as a really good bloke.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Dobson on podcast. on 11:26 - Sep 14 with 3300 viewsJevlar

Seems like he's got a real sensible head, and is a nice guy.

Thought he was really interesting on Taylor Richards too, and it was nice to hear Dobson actually provide a real opinion on TR rather than some usual media spin.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2023 11:50]
Dobson on podcast. on 15:11 - Sep 15 with 2835 viewsFDC

First time I've listened to OpenAllRs for ages. Great advocate for the club is Dobbo, hard not to like him and certainly talks a good game. Found myself buying in to it all whilst listening to him. Would love to see him and Ainsworth pull it off.
Dobson on podcast. on 15:25 - Sep 15 with 2804 viewsconnell10

Put to bed the notion that there was some sort of players revolt after the Watford match!

Dobson on podcast. on 15:34 - Sep 15 with 2791 viewsconnell10

Put to bed the notion that there was some sort of players revolt after the Watford match!

Dobson on podcast. on 17:12 - Sep 15 with 2653 viewsNorthernr

Dobson on podcast. on 15:34 - Sep 15 by connell10

Well one man's "conversations" is another man's "revolt"

I thought he was terrific, as he always is. Exactly the sort of person we need.

Specific points of interest - saying that, taking his coach's hat off and being a supporter, some of the stories he's heard about the disconnect between first team and academy and how the boys were treated has made him angry. That's blatantly about all the stuff that went on in Warburton's last year and I thought was a very strong remark.

Similarly, talking about how the recruitment has been overhauled and we won't be having "managers bringing in players just because they've worked with them before and know their agent". No need to look too deeply into who that's referring to.

Overall though he says a lot of what we've all said on here for years about working with what you've got, giving youth a bit more of a chance, not always looking for another signing or another quick fix or another loan. That's perfect for now because we can't sign players even if we want to, but it's how we should go about our business anyway.

Good listen.
Dobson on podcast. on 17:22 - Sep 15 with 2619 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Really looking forward to this.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dobson on podcast. on 17:28 - Sep 15 with 2581 viewsPhilmyRs

Dobson on podcast. on 17:12 - Sep 15 by Northernr

Specific points of interest - saying that, taking his coach's hat off and being a supporter, some of the stories he's heard about the disconnect between first team and academy and how the boys were treated has made him angry. That's blatantly about all the stuff that went on in Warburton's last year and I thought was a very strong remark.

Similarly, talking about how the recruitment has been overhauled and we won't be having "managers bringing in players just because they've worked with them before and know their agent". No need to look too deeply into who that's referring to.

Overall though he says a lot of what we've all said on here for years about working with what you've got, giving youth a bit more of a chance, not always looking for another signing or another quick fix or another loan. That's perfect for now because we can't sign players even if we want to, but it's how we should go about our business anyway.

Good listen.

Thought it was a good listen too, and agree with you about what he said on all the young players and developing your own is much better than a loan. My only concern is I’ve heard a few say similar, possibly not as passionately as Dobo, about this and then when money has become available have abandoned some of what they say. So will hold judgement until his ideals are truly tested, but agree with a lot of what he said and hope he sticks to it.

Found the youth development and disconnect between first team and younger age groups really interesting. I came away thinking that he was more in the Ramsey/Les corner of wanting to develop and bring players through, and was angry at the Warbs coaching team seemingly removing the link between first team and younger age groups.

I didn’t buy the player revolt stuff though. Making out they only played the way they did against Watford because they didn’t have some experienced pros in the building made no sense to me. And they were planning to play long, direct football because Karbo was around in pre-season….come on, Karbo was never going to be starting or involved this season. I just think we put in one of the worst performances in years against Watford and players, managers, owners all took a look at themselves and a change needed to take place and I do think the players pushed for some of that. Credit to the Manager for embracing it though and it’s been a welcome change as performances have improved.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2023 17:28]
Dobson on podcast. on 17:49 - Sep 15 with 2518 viewscharmr

He’ll be our manager one day
Login to get fewer ads

Dobson on podcast. on 18:11 - Sep 15 with 2461 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dobson on podcast. on 17:49 - Sep 15 by charmr

He’ll be our manager one day

Hope it's a match-day!

Dobson on podcast. on 18:49 - Sep 15 with 2388 viewsterryb

This is the first time I've listened this season & I was very impressed by the questions asked by Simon Hall.

Is he a regular or was this a guest appearance?
Dobson on podcast. on 19:02 - Sep 15 with 2364 viewsNorthernr

Dobson on podcast. on 18:49 - Sep 15 by terryb

This is the first time I've listened this season & I was very impressed by the questions asked by Simon Hall.

New regular, top fella and agree he’s very good on there.
Dobson on podcast. on 21:39 - Sep 15 with 2182 viewsMonkey_Roots

About halfway through listening, I had a really desperate thought pop into my head… ‘please let this work out for Gareth and Dobo, I’d hate to lose them’

And just like that *clicks fingers* I’m now all in.

E15… where do I sign?
Dobson on podcast. on 07:27 - Sep 16 with 2018 viewsingeminate

Dobson on podcast. on 17:12 - Sep 15 by Northernr

Good listen.

Only listened to it last night. When talking about shabby treatment of the youngsters (beyond the warburton jab) he touched on senior pros having been esp unwelcoming. Guessing whoever that was about will have left the club now, had you heard that before?

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Dobson on podcast. on 11:06 - Sep 16 with 1891 viewsNushnool

Dobson on podcast. on 18:49 - Sep 15 by terryb

Something else that helped this podcast was having only two other people on it, made the interview flow much more nicely, rather than jumping around to four different people taking the conversation in different directions.
Dobson on podcast. on 12:28 - Sep 16 with 1792 viewsTacticalR

Dobson came across as a very normal person (a great compliment in my book).

Air hostess clique

Dobson on podcast. on 13:14 - Sep 16 with 1694 viewsBklynRanger

Good stuff and some nice straight answers, though I thought the denial of a players' revolt was pretty intentional as far as trying to get a bit of power back.

Not that I'm saying it was a revolt by any means, but Gaz himself seemed clear that collective words were had and a serious discussion.

One thing I took from it, Dobson speaks really well and am very glad to have him here. But many of his comments aren't any different to what Gaz would say, and which we sometimes roll our eyes at a bit.

I just feel maybe how Gaz comes across he gets a more difficult ride at times from us, whereas Dobo is seen as the intelligent voice of reason behind the scenes - don't think it's that simple.
Dobson on podcast. on 13:38 - Sep 16 with 1627 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Enjoyable podcast. Didn't take any major headlines from it, just further welcome evidence that Dobson is a good man and sounds like he's good at his job. Much to like.

Dobson on podcast. on 14:10 - Sep 16 with 1568 viewsRsinWales

I tried to listen to it as I was working yesterday. Heard some promising things, but clearly I was concentrating on my work when he was talking about Taylor Richards - I missed it all.

What exactly did he say?
Dobson on podcast. on 14:16 - Sep 16 with 1553 viewsBklynRanger

Dobson on podcast. on 14:10 - Sep 16 by RsinWales

I tried to listen to it as I was working yesterday. Heard some promising things, but clearly I was concentrating on my work when he was talking about Taylor Richards - I missed it all.

What exactly did he say?

Basically said he needs to pull his socks up and other players are currently ahead of him because he's not putting in the work.
Dobson on podcast. on 14:21 - Sep 16 with 1545 viewsqprd

Just worth noting that all of his media appearances have come after a qpr win. Helps create a halo effect around him that someone like Ainsworth, who had to dig thru a pile of s**t to find a silver lining after losses to Blackpool, Bristol city Waterford etc, hasn’t benefitted from
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024