Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loftus Road renovation/revamp 13:14 - Sep 20 with 57975 viewsQPRConor2000

Given the news we heard this week from Ruben that LR is now more likely to be redeveloped over a new stadium, I wanted to open up a specific thread for it.

Any ideas on how we can improve LR.

NOTE: Serious ideas only.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:09 - Sep 20 with 2806 viewsCamberleyR

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 14:12 - Sep 20 by Rs_Holy

Here's what I think .... (This is actually a cut and paste from the Linford Christie thread. I'm not qualified, so feel free to say 'Pa! You'll never ever be able to do that in the 21st century' ... 'this is way too ambitious' etc etc).

The School end bit is optional but I think as a minimum any longish term stay at Loftus Road should involve upgrading the 2 main stands!

Re-Build the SA Road Stand as big as poss. Lots of glass/clear plastic to allow 'right for light' for the White City flats. Remove the executive boxes from this Stand and make it as big as possible. 2 or maybe 3 overlapping tiers if in any way possible.

The Stan Bowles stand is a Problem. You cant go up or back because it would overhang peoples back gardens and that would never get approval. So the solution is to have a few rows of seats at the front (as per current Paddocks) then have a double decker of boxes at the back... Similar to one of the stands at Palarse (less seats, and boxes a lot lower tho... I think the Stan Bowles stand has enough height to accommodate this).

The Loft end would remain as it is. I know there are those who don't like the cramped nature of the Loft but the larger SA Stand should have capacity for any of those wanting more leg room.

Buy the School (or part of the School) and do what Forest have done with their away stand (the one with NFFC written on it)...( it would be a mirror image in our case)

So we loose a bit of capacity in the Stan Bowles but double the revenue from the Prawn Sandwich brigade.
School end could have about an extra 1500-ish capacity (with all seats covered)
Potentially 3 Tier SA Road Stand would have around an extra 4000 (extra tier on top and deeper lower tier because of boxes moving to the Stanley Bowles).

So I reckon 22 -23000 capacity, extra corporate and elimination of restricted views... All seats would now be covered apart from the first 7-8 rows of the Loft....

I'm now going for a lie down.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2023 14:39]

Surely the SBS could have not far off as many as Palace's Whitehorse Lane stand which has (according to Wiki) 2219 seats + 480 for the exec boxes given that that stand is behind a goal and not the length of the pitch like SBS.

According to this, a 20 person exec box at SP measures 5m x 5m
https://www.cpfc.co.uk/selhurst-park/spaces/executive-boxes/

Which would mean SBS could maybe have 2 x 18 boxes for 720 people and c1800? rebuilt seats with proper leg room for people above five feet.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2023 20:47]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:14 - Sep 20 with 2785 viewsrobith

I'm a total idiot but I'm not sure how redevelopment on the site could work - the main issue for income generation is the concourses are too small and there's no real way to make them bigger. I'm not even sure how you'd do the building work the ground is so hemmed in
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:17 - Sep 20 with 2774 viewsRangersDave

I think it's a non starter.

remember, these guys are thinking bigger, more concessions, more toilets (including the water), more seating.

The way i now see RS,is to narrow each seat by 3 inches width ways, and 3 inches back where your knees will be.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:19 - Sep 20 with 2761 viewslondonscottish

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:06 - Sep 20 by HaslingtonR

Just a small point. I seat on the back row of the Paddock, the rooms behind me are not always occupied. Is there any evidence to say we would actually be able to sell more corporate seats?

It's probably more about making them dual-use so they can be rented out during the week.

I've been to corporate events in offices in Reading, Scumford and the Polish national stadium.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:22 - Sep 20 with 2744 viewsG_Ottershaw

Don't worry, just had Tommy on the phone. They're bringing back Ground Force and apparently we're the first episode.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:23 - Sep 20 with 2741 viewsNorthernr

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:14 - Sep 20 by robith

I'm a total idiot but I'm not sure how redevelopment on the site could work - the main issue for income generation is the concourses are too small and there's no real way to make them bigger. I'm not even sure how you'd do the building work the ground is so hemmed in

Revolving restaurant. Suspended over the pitch using AI. We could call it Lou's.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:27 - Sep 20 with 2704 viewsNW5Hoop

No idea how they could do anything on the current site without buying up all the houses on Ellerslie Road, all the houses on Loftus Road, and the school. Even to do any serious building work, there would be massive planning permission issues because of the amount of disturbance major work would cause to the surrounding houses. And buying up all that stuff. What do you think that is, £50m before a spade hits the ground?

Also, they can't even get the water pressure right on the current site. What chance revamping the whole stadium? Unless one of the player's dads is an architect and another one's a contractor, of course.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:32 - Sep 20 with 2679 viewsrobith

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:23 - Sep 20 by Northernr

Revolving restaurant. Suspended over the pitch using AI. We could call it Lou's.

Fund it by blockchain crypto and I'm in
Login to get fewer ads

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:32 - Sep 20 with 2677 viewsMick_S

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:23 - Sep 20 by Northernr

It’s a great idea. Would it be possible whilst the game is on? I’m in.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:33 - Sep 20 with 2667 viewsNorthernr

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:27 - Sep 20 by NW5Hoop

No idea how they could do anything on the current site without buying up all the houses on Ellerslie Road, all the houses on Loftus Road, and the school. Even to do any serious building work, there would be massive planning permission issues because of the amount of disturbance major work would cause to the surrounding houses. And buying up all that stuff. What do you think that is, £50m before a spade hits the ground?

Also, they can't even get the water pressure right on the current site. What chance revamping the whole stadium? Unless one of the player's dads is an architect and another one's a contractor, of course.

Walked down Ellerslie Road for the first time this season yesterday afternoon - there's about 8 or 9 houses down there all adding a fifth storey to the top at once. Suspect the council had previously refused planning permission but then granted one and started a rush.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:34 - Sep 20 with 2662 viewsBoston

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 14:32 - Sep 20 by paulhoop2

To be honest for a while now I’ve advocated to sharing with Fulham would it really be that bad ?

God awful idea mate.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:34 - Sep 20 with 2663 viewstidydarts

Liverpool spent years buying out all the houses around Anfield, leaving them derelict and making the area an unpleasant place to live before knocking them all down.

So I'd expect Amit and Ruben can afford to do the same
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:37 - Sep 20 with 2645 viewsQPRConor2000

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:34 - Sep 20 by tidydarts

Liverpool spent years buying out all the houses around Anfield, leaving them derelict and making the area an unpleasant place to live before knocking them all down.

So I'd expect Amit and Ruben can afford to do the same

Prices in Liverpool for housing are far cheaper than in London.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:40 - Sep 20 with 2631 viewsG_Ottershaw

for want of a better expression, i'm playing the devil's advocate here but did anyone notice Reuben's choice of language ? i appreciate english is probably not his 'mother' tongue and it maybe a complete misinterpretation on my part, but i'm sure at least twice he basically said 'i want to leave the club more sustainable', not 'i want to make the club more sustainable...'
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:43 - Sep 20 with 2618 viewsQPRConor2000

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:40 - Sep 20 by G_Ottershaw

for want of a better expression, i'm playing the devil's advocate here but did anyone notice Reuben's choice of language ? i appreciate english is probably not his 'mother' tongue and it maybe a complete misinterpretation on my part, but i'm sure at least twice he basically said 'i want to leave the club more sustainable', not 'i want to make the club more sustainable...'

I noticed that too.

They did say they were committed to the club for the long term though
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:44 - Sep 20 with 2609 viewsBoston

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:37 - Sep 20 by QPRConor2000

You could, about 15 years ago, but a house in that area for a quid, such was the bomb site Anfield was turned into. Walking the local streets was akin to the aftermath of Luftwaffe raid.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:44 - Sep 20 with 2610 viewstidydarts

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:37 - Sep 20 by QPRConor2000

I bet Hammersmith & Fulham would be happy to see what QPR could do with that amount of space though, definitely wouldn't rule it out
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:45 - Sep 20 with 2603 viewskensalriser

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:33 - Sep 20 by Northernr

Walked down Ellerslie Road for the first time this season yesterday afternoon - there's about 8 or 9 houses down there all adding a fifth storey to the top at once. Suspect the council had previously refused planning permission but then granted one and started a rush.

If that's still an added value proposition after recent labour/materials inflation and softening property prices - which it probably is - you can expect that to happen to more of them in quick order.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:53 - Sep 20 with 2572 viewsQPRConor2000

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:44 - Sep 20 by tidydarts

I bet Hammersmith & Fulham would be happy to see what QPR could do with that amount of space though, definitely wouldn't rule it out

I mean its unlikely given there is a housing shortage in London.

However, like you said its a possibility, especially if the council are now very keen for us to push ahead with revamping LR.

Maybe it could be a Public-Private Partnership that they have agreed on.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 16:00 - Sep 20 with 2544 viewsQPRConor2000

https://calfordseaden.com/project/qpr-stadium-loftus-road/

https://www.michaeldrain.com/project/qpr-stadium-loftus-road

talking of the revamp, does anyone remember this?
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 16:04 - Sep 20 with 2519 viewssouthbrookstreet

there is a 90k stadium just 5 miles away already built already to move into no league team plays there they call it Wembley you're never know it could be the answer look at west ham who of thought they would fill out the London stadium
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 16:05 - Sep 20 with 2502 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 14:50 - Sep 20 by WokingR

There is absolutely no way we could risk having a glass stand.
Did anyone see Smyth's cross last night from the Ellerslie touchline straight into the South Africa road stand.
He'd be smashing windows every game.

Ya, but Hugill's gone.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 16:10 - Sep 20 with 2473 viewsNushnool

People are talking about new stands, re-designing the whole stadium etc.

They're probably thinking about knocking down a partition wall in the offices and creating a conference room to hire out.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 16:19 - Sep 20 with 2285 viewsNewBee

Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 15:43 - Sep 20 by QPRConor2000

I noticed that too.

They did say they were committed to the club for the long term though

I genuinely don't wish to offend, but might their "long-term commitment" just be a simple recognition of the fact they're stuck with the club, since there's no-one out there who would take it off their hands?

At least for a sum which would clear the club's debts, never mind give the owners some sort of return on their investment to date?

And even if they were to absorb all the debts themselves, and give the club away for a nominal sum, would anyone want to take on a club which is losing £1m a month as it is; which needs huge investment in players but which would not be permitted by FFP; which has little realistic prospect of promotion to the PL as things stand; and which needs a massive sum (maybe £200m?) spent on a new stadium, or a complete rebuild of LR which could cost nearly as much?

Seems to me that with their apparent disinclination to move to a new stadium, plus their apparent unwillingness to do much to LR beyond the minimum necessary, your owners don't have any long term plans for the club beyond keeping going from month to month.

Yes, they did buy a new training ground, but even that is on land which should retain its value regardless and besides, they still asked the fans to part fund it via a bond. While when it came to renaming the Stan Bowles Stand, there too they wanted the fans to stump up a sum which for them (owners) was absolute peanuts.

And yes, "What about the million quid a month they keep spending?" I hear you ask. It seems to me that if they didn't do so, the club would simply go bust, meaning that it would be worth even less than it is now.

But maybe they'll prove me wrong and spend proper money on the stadium, to help get the club back up where you want it to be.
Loftus Road renovation/revamp on 16:41 - Sep 20 with 2353 views89_50

I wonder if there are any future plans to expand the amount of rail seating in the stadium.

From memory, the type of seating we installed recently provides slightly more room than existing seating.

To be able to do that to as much of the ground as is allowed could be a good way of improving at least one aspect of the fan experience.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024