Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Magilton - Buzacky incident: New evidence? 16:17 - Oct 9 with 3689 viewsR_from_afar

Perhaps some or all of you have seen this before but when I was investigating the QPR connections of our recent managers and took a look at Jim Magilton's Wikipedia page, a related article leapt out at me.

I have always doubted that Magilton headbutted Akos, that always seemed extreme to me, but I have never seen anything to back up what was just a hunch. Perhaps Magilton did nut him, but this is interesting, I think. As I say, the article may be old news to you:
https://archive.ph/20120715050928/ http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=711208&cc=5739

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Magilton - Buzacky incident: New evidence? on 16:18 - Oct 9 with 3664 viewsLunarJetman

That’s come up as two links, neither of which work so I guess we’ll remain in the dark on it!
[Post edited 9 Oct 2023 16:19]
The Magilton - Buzacky incident: New evidence? on 16:22 - Oct 9 with 3597 viewsdannyblue

The Magilton - Buzacky incident: New evidence? on 16:18 - Oct 9 by LunarJetman

That’s come up as two links, neither of which work so I guess we’ll remain in the dark on it!
[Post edited 9 Oct 2023 16:19]

Copy it into your browser and remove the space before the second http
[Post edited 9 Oct 2023 16:44]
The Magilton - Buzacky incident: New evidence? on 16:24 - Oct 9 with 3591 viewsdannyblue

Or read this pasted text

Midfielder ultimatum prompted Magilton suspension
December 10, 2009

Email
Print

QPR manager Jim Magilton was suspended after midfielder Akos Buzsaky issued an 'either he goes or I go' ultimatum to chairman Flavio Briatore.
Jim Magilton
GettyImages
Jim Magilton has been suspended by QPR
• Magilton denies wrong-doing
Magilton has been suspended over an allegation he headbutted Hungarian player Buzsaky after Monday night's 3-1 defeat at Watford. But a dressing room witness insisted there was no headbutt and Buzsaky merely took exception to Magilton's forthright post-match opinion.
"Buzsaky and his agent have basically said 'either he goes or I go'. It's all about player power," said the source. "There was no headbutt, nothing like it. Akos was actually sitting down at the time.
"It was exactly the sort of discussion you'd expect after a disappointing defeat. Jim bent down to speak to Akos, it got a bit heated, forehead to forehead, and (coach) Keith Ryan told Jim to move away. Jim did, but then Akos got up and ran out of the dressing room. [Assistant boss] John Gorman told him not to be so stupid and to come back inside. But he refused.''
Magilton, who told reporters after the game the incident was down to "a difference of opinion", put his side of the story to Briatore on Tuesday but was told yesterday morning he had been suspended and not to show up at the club's training ground. The former Ipswich boss also spent much of Tuesday attempting to speak to Buzsaky in a bid to heal the rift, but the player did not answer his calls.
Gorman and reserves boss Keith Ryan have walked out in support of Magilton, who insisted: "I categorically deny any allegation of wrong-doing."
Rangers appear to be backing their player, on Wednesday issuing a statement denying Buzsaky had handed in a transfer request and quoting the 27-year-old as claiming he was "focused on our next fixture against West Brom on Monday night''.
Magilton is the fifth permanent manager to work under Briatore in the two years since the Italian took over. Former Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate has already been linked with the role. Youth coaches Steve Gallen and Marc Bircham have been placed in temporary charge.
The Magilton - Buzacky incident: New evidence? on 16:32 - Oct 9 with 3514 viewsdaveB

I think Bircham said on the under the cosh podcast the other year they went head to head in the dressing room but wasn't a headbutt
The Magilton - Buzacky incident: New evidence? on 16:33 - Oct 9 with 3506 viewsBucksRanger

Remove the space.

https://archive.ph/20120715050928/ http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=711208&cc=5739
The Magilton - Buzacky incident: New evidence? on 16:40 - Oct 9 with 3444 viewsAntti_Heinola

Akos had a mark on his head and Magilton basically never got near a manager's role again.

I know who I'm backing.

Bare bones.

The Magilton - Buzacky incident: New evidence? on 17:15 - Oct 9 with 3264 viewsngbqpr

Well I for one had completely missed that we were linked with Gareth Southgate as manager.
I wonder what happened to him...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

The Magilton - Buzacky incident: New evidence? on 17:34 - Oct 9 with 3151 viewskomradkirk

Magilton now managing Cliftonville who are sitting second in the Irish League Premier Division.
I know an ex International team mate of Magilton who says Magilton swore he never head butted Akos.
Login to get fewer ads

The Magilton - Buzacky incident: New evidence? on 14:30 - Oct 10 with 2206 viewsthemodfather

when jim was interviewed on ssn after the match he does have a red mark on his forehead and akos was seen walking around in kit and in his socks, long after the game ended?
sums us up really....a never ending carry on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024