Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adel watch 18:44 - Nov 16 with 4471 viewsstainrods_elbow

Now 34, and tearing it up in the UAE. Opinions may be mixed about the quality of the competition, but some of these excerpts made me purr. I'd have him back at LR like a shot if he'd come - he'd rip the Champ a new one and then some and would be a bolt of lighting in our mediocre midfield. Probably on a tasty wedge over there, mind.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2023 18:44]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Adel watch on 19:01 - Nov 16 with 4370 viewsBoston

I applaud his effort, but no, he wouldn't be able to perform like that in our division.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Adel watch on 00:22 - Nov 17 with 3902 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Imagine doing all that to an empty stadium.
Adel watch on 01:03 - Nov 17 with 3858 viewsbob566

Come on. Be honest. How many of you pronounced his name Ajel Tarup. Not me
Adel watch on 09:27 - Nov 17 with 3548 viewsDWQPR

Adel watch on 19:01 - Nov 16 by Boston

I applaud his effort, but no, he wouldn't be able to perform like that in our division.

I think he’d still rip many defences a new one and his shot accuracy doesn’t look like it has diminished.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Adel watch on 09:42 - Nov 17 with 3519 viewstkqpr

What a compilation. The boy looks like he's loving his £100k a week tax free wages and so he should.

A cold January return to Loftus Road for £8k a week is not an option i would be considering.

Lovely to see him in full flow again though.
Adel watch on 11:52 - Nov 17 with 3340 viewsstantheman10

He looks great admittedly in a sub standard league but looks to have added a bit of steel and defensive duties to his game. Reminds me of Gazza in his pomp.
Adel watch on 11:57 - Nov 17 with 3329 viewsqprninja

Adel watch on 01:03 - Nov 17 by bob566

Come on. Be honest. How many of you pronounced his name Ajel Tarup. Not me

Warnock used refer to him as Adiel Tarabat.
Adel watch on 12:00 - Nov 17 with 3325 viewsqprninja

TBH, a traffic cone would score more goals than Dykes and Armstrong, so Adel would definitely improve the team. Not going to happen in a million years though.
Login to get fewer ads

Adel watch on 12:19 - Nov 17 with 3277 viewsQPunkR

Adel watch on 11:52 - Nov 17 by stantheman10

He looks great admittedly in a sub standard league but looks to have added a bit of steel and defensive duties to his game. Reminds me of Gazza in his pomp.

Well he was somehow employed as a defensive midfielder by Benfica for years!

QPR - "shit but local"

Adel watch on 13:09 - Nov 17 with 3201 viewsLazyFan

He looks fitter and slimmer.

However, is this league faster and more intense? I am not so sure. I suspect when he goes past those players, they are slower than top-flight players and also make the same mistakes again and again.

You will notice that he uses the same two techniques again and again to get away from his man. If they come in close, he turns with the ball and gets away from them. Or if they stand off, he then taps the ball away to the side, running onto it and leaves them behind.

It's not that Adel has only these two tricks; we can see he has more, it's that he keeps using them in these clips. This tends to suggest to me that this league does not have the quality to stop him.

Or he has slimmed down, got his head straight and become a proper pro.

From what we see here, for me, it's both.

Could he do a job for us?

I believe on this small piece of evidence, he could, but that's more to do with we are so bad right now than he's so good. But it would never happen, he's bound to be on £30K per week there and there is no way we can afford that. And also you can see its the old Adel in the clips, he's happy as he's active and driven, like he was for us. Why would he change even if we had the money? Which we don't

zzzzzzzzzz

Adel watch on 13:27 - Nov 17 with 3162 viewspadstow

And notice in that clip that after about the third minute not one attempt on goal was scored...by anyone! 😁
Adel watch on 13:49 - Nov 17 with 3094 viewsdmm

Adel watch on 12:19 - Nov 17 by QPunkR

Well he was somehow employed as a defensive midfielder by Benfica for years!

Yep and in the clips I saw of him playing the DCM role at Benfica, he looked pretty good at it.
Adel watch on 14:00 - Nov 17 with 3071 viewsMick_S

He’d still eat the Championship.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Adel watch on 15:44 - Nov 17 with 2922 viewsDTIG

Adel watch on 19:01 - Nov 16 by Boston

Why not? He's more skilful than Chair. Class is permanent, and when you have that skill and speed of thought to buy you a yard or two (which he does) it doesn't matter if you've lost a bit of pace or engine.

Or you know...we could carry on with Dozzell the creative playmaker.
Adel watch on 16:48 - Nov 17 with 2827 viewsHooping_Mad

Adel watch on 15:44 - Nov 17 by DTIG

Why not? He's more skilful than Chair. Class is permanent, and when you have that skill and speed of thought to buy you a yard or two (which he does) it doesn't matter if you've lost a bit of pace or engine.

Or you know...we could carry on with Dozzell the creative playmaker.

I tend to think he has the 'footballing' brain to manage a game now. But... do I want to find out that I'm wrong, not so sure.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Adel watch on 17:04 - Nov 17 with 2813 viewsDTIG

Adel watch on 16:48 - Nov 17 by Hooping_Mad

I tend to think he has the 'footballing' brain to manage a game now. But... do I want to find out that I'm wrong, not so sure.

He would score goals. He would create. Maybe not week in week out but then occasionally would be better than what we currently have.

I miss the maverick in todays game. He was the only true genius we've had in decades and judging by that video he's still go it.

I totally get what you mean though. Let the good memories stay as memories rather than him blot his copy book.

I'd still be tempted by a cheeky loan spell.

All pointless conversation though because as someone else said, why swap the no pressure big bucks in the sunshine for pocket change and a relegation battle in wet West London.
Adel watch on 19:38 - Nov 17 with 2661 viewsRsinWales

What a dream of a player. I think some of those skills would light up the Championship again. His speed of execution once ripped up this league, and although he might not hit those heady heights again, he would definitely enhance our forward play considerably.

Man alive, how good could this guy have been on the biggest stages in his prime? Feel blessed to have seen him at LR, and a little sorry he didn't fully apply himself in our Prem days and beyond.
Adel watch on 19:53 - Nov 17 with 2638 viewsRangersDave

You inow, i dream that sanity would prevail and we got Adel back, if only to teach certain players how to be as good as he was.

But to have him back in our team with Armstrong learning how to stay onside, and place a ball into the top left or right hand corner, and maybe ( just maybe) a rejuvinated Dykes (although i've never rated him) scoring goals, i'd be made up.

Mind you, Chair would have to pull his lazy ass socks up, or sell him for a sherbert dab, and a quarter of all sorts as thats probably all we will get for him, and good riddance i'd say.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024