Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marti pre-Tractor Boys 19:30 - Dec 28 with 1523 viewsstainrods_elbow

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/december/28/cifuentes-pre-ipswich/

He's (outwardly) calm, at least, though he looks/sounds a bit weary and subdued, I think. Interesting that he appears to blame himself, at least in part, for not preparing the team as well as he felt he might have for the Millwall game. Unlike all of us, he doesn't get too 'up' or 'down', which is why it's a good thing he's managing the club rather than anyone from this board; to wit, he also repeats how he didn't get carried away after our three wins, because he knew there'd be some kind of recoil, as that's football.

As he says, we need to be braver, clearly, and execute some kind of game plan that means we have at least a chance to score one or two. Start jittery/spawny, play in our shells, and I think they'll eat us alive, like, I dunno, shell-on prawns. (Which they may anyway.)

A gutsy but deflating 3-2 defeat (Willock, Larkeche, o.g. Cook).
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 19:41]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Marti pre-Tractor Boys on 21:31 - Dec 28 with 1384 viewsAndybrat

Agree about the performance but actually love the whole analogy around Rome not being built in a day and quoting 2 years for Arsenal, Man City ( I think) and Barcelona under Cruyff. Sounds like a guy on a “project” not just saying it. With the development squad doing so well I do wonder what will happen if we go down. If we do go down we need to keep him, he is definitely a long term play, mind u I thought that about Beale. Like Clive I think he is the best thing that has happened to this club for a long while, more pain before a gain I fear but I have come to the conclusion we need the pain rather than an anaesthetic that comes with short term positive results that we know won’t last. Good luck tomorrow those amazing supporters of ours
Marti pre-Tractor Boys on 10:57 - Dec 29 with 1093 viewsE15Hoop

How come you've changed your tune by 180 degress, and are now praising the manager for saying exactly the same things he said post-Millwall in an interview you described, amongst other things, as "bland"??

Not that I'm complaining - its nice to hear you actually making some positive constructive comments for once - but it is actually very amusing considering what you said the other day.
Marti pre-Tractor Boys on 11:47 - Dec 29 with 1038 viewsWatford_Ranger

We don’t expect much and Millwall was so far below what can be expected. Truly one of the worst performances in all respects I’ve seen and I don’t think that’s being overly dramatic. The scoreline won’t be remembered like a 5-0 at Southend but the vibe during and after was much the same.

Again tonight, with a bizarrely good away turnout, we just want a bit of heart and the basics done. An actual goal or bit of skill would be a bonus. I’ve absolutely no faith that’ll be delivered.
Marti pre-Tractor Boys on 14:01 - Dec 29 with 840 viewsTheChef

Marti pre-Tractor Boys on 10:57 - Dec 29 by E15Hoop

How come you've changed your tune by 180 degress, and are now praising the manager for saying exactly the same things he said post-Millwall in an interview you described, amongst other things, as "bland"??

Not that I'm complaining - its nice to hear you actually making some positive constructive comments for once - but it is actually very amusing considering what you said the other day.

He took his pills today.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Marti pre-Tractor Boys on 14:16 - Dec 29 with 814 viewsstainrods_elbow

Marti pre-Tractor Boys on 10:57 - Dec 29 by E15Hoop

Glad I amuse you, E15. I praise where praise is due, and critique where it's not. No contradiction there, you just need to read me more carefully.

Marti pre-Tractor Boys on 14:17 - Dec 29 with 811 viewsstainrods_elbow

Marti pre-Tractor Boys on 14:01 - Dec 29 by TheChef

He took his pills today.

Perhaps you should take some chill pills?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024