Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Rs in Banbury? 10:56 - Jan 12 with 2641 viewsPeterHucker

I’m visiting some friends in Banbury this weekend.
I’ll still be there on Sunday when we play Watford so I’m looking for somewhere to watch that.
It’d need to be fairly central because I’m on the train.
Any Rs in Banbury? on 11:51 - Jan 12 with 2563 viewsEsox_Lucius

There are around 50 R's in and around Banbury. For two years I sat next to a fan in MU and passed the time with him, commented on play during the game etc. then at one game, one or the other of us mentioned that our journey had been delayed due to heavy traffic at J9/Bicester. This led to the obvious, "so where do you live then?" turns out he lives near Sainsburys in Banbury, about 1,5km away from me. I often see fellow hoops when shopping in our local Tesco too and have had fans come up to me when they see my No. plate to have a chat.

The grass is always greener.

Any Rs in Banbury? on 12:00 - Jan 12 with 2548 viewsRangersDave

I used to live up by the hospital, near the school, until i moved to 'fek'n Norfolk', now i'm broke and have 6 fingers and webbed feet!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Any Rs in Banbury? on 12:48 - Jan 12 with 2485 viewsTheChef

Hopefully after the game, you won't be Cross.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Any Rs in Banbury? on 13:56 - Jan 12 with 2411 viewsPeterHucker

Any Rs in Banbury? on 11:51 - Jan 12 by Esox_Lucius

There are around 50 R's in and around Banbury. For two years I sat next to a fan in MU and passed the time with him, commented on play during the game etc. then at one game, one or the other of us mentioned that our journey had been delayed due to heavy traffic at J9/Bicester. This led to the obvious, "so where do you live then?" turns out he lives near Sainsburys in Banbury, about 1,5km away from me. I often see fellow hoops when shopping in our local Tesco too and have had fans come up to me when they see my No. plate to have a chat.

So any suggestions on pubs where I can watch the match then?
Any Rs in Banbury? on 14:35 - Jan 12 with 2359 viewsEastR

Any Rs in Banbury? on 13:56 - Jan 12 by PeterHucker

My son lives in Banbury and is not making the game due to the change of kick off time. He says Danny’s Sport Bar and Grill should be showing it (Bridge St). He describes it as nothing special, bit soulless, and he’s likely going to watch it in the Lamb Inn Bicester instead.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Any Rs in Banbury? on 15:18 - Jan 12 with 2286 viewsBoston

Wassis name who was always getting nicked is a Banbury man. Didn't he get popped on the pitch v Birmingham?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Any Rs in Banbury? on 16:27 - Jan 12 with 2206 viewsSonic_Hoop

Any Rs in Banbury? on 15:18 - Jan 12 by Boston

Wassis name who was always getting nicked is a Banbury man. Didn't he get popped on the pitch v Birmingham?

Paddy was living in one of the villages just outside, last I heard.
Any Rs in Banbury? on 16:30 - Jan 12 with 2194 viewsSonic_Hoop

If you want a decent pint, try the range of Hook Norton ales in the Reindeer.
Login to get fewer ads

Any Rs in Banbury? on 16:31 - Jan 12 with 2190 viewsEsox_Lucius

I don't go to pubs any more but I will ask on the local Facebook community group for suggestions and get back to you.
Update: The Swan and The Musketeer have both been suggested. It would be worth giving them a call to make sure before headings there.if
[Post edited 12 Jan 17:18]

Any Rs in Banbury? on 19:08 - Jan 12 with 2073 viewsSonic_Hoop

Any Rs in Banbury? on 16:31 - Jan 12 by Esox_Lucius

I don't go to pubs any more but I will ask on the local Facebook community group for suggestions and get back to you.
Update: The Swan and The Musketeer have both been suggested. It would be worth giving them a call to make sure before headings there.if
[Post edited 12 Jan 17:18]

I'd avoid the Musketeer, even if you're just passing and desperate for a wee. The Swan is in town so walking distance to eateries and other pubs.
Any Rs in Banbury? on 19:28 - Jan 12 with 2045 viewsPunteR

Just the one.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Any Rs in Banbury? on 19:50 - Jan 12 with 2016 viewsRangersw12

I was born in Banbury
Any Rs in Banbury? on 14:00 - Jan 13 with 1815 viewsBoston

Any Rs in Banbury? on 19:50 - Jan 12 by Rangersw12

I was born in Banbury

Would you also go by the name Gary Glitter?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Any Rs in Banbury? on 14:45 - Jan 13 with 1774 viewsSonic_Hoop

Any Rs in Banbury? on 14:00 - Jan 13 by Boston

Would you also go by the name Gary Glitter?

Do you wanna be in his gang?
Any Rs in Banbury? on 14:59 - Jan 13 with 1752 viewsSonic_Hoop

Any Rs in Banbury? on 11:51 - Jan 12 by Esox_Lucius

There used to be loads. When I was a lad, I used to deliver milk to Michael Wale who had a house in one of the villages.
Any Rs in Banbury? on 16:39 - Jan 13 with 1685 viewsthame_hoops

At first, I thought you were asking to go round somebody’s house to watch it ha ha
Any Rs in Banbury? on 17:58 - Jan 13 with 1618 viewsEsox_Lucius

Any Rs in Banbury? on 16:39 - Jan 13 by thame_hoops

At first, I thought you were asking to go round somebody’s house to watch it ha ha

Might be as he hasn't come back into the thread since yesterday.

Any Rs in Banbury? on 10:28 - Jan 14 with 1460 viewsPeterHucker

Any Rs in Banbury? on 17:58 - Jan 13 by Esox_Lucius

Might be as he hasn't come back into the thread since yesterday.

I'm here now.

Thanks for the suggestions, just heading out from the Premier Inn now to check out The Swan & Danny's sports bar.

I was in Ye Olde Reindeer Inn last night sampling several of those Hook Norton ales, very nice.

Still can't believe none of you have invited me round to your house to watch it.
😆
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024