Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Richard’s awol ? 18:15 - Jan 29 with 50094 viewspaulhoop2

Have heard a nasty little rumour that Taylor is awol anyone else heard this ? Jokes aside lol apparently not seen at the TG for a while? Clive can you shed any light ?

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Richard’s awol ? on 10:21 - Jan 31 with 2880 viewsrobith

Richard’s awol ? on 10:05 - Jan 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

What was the Gray incident? I don’t remember this.

Do you remember when school kids discovered they could skip class if they pour lemon juice on a LFT to get a positive test?
Richard’s awol ? on 10:22 - Jan 31 with 2867 viewsSmokey

Richard’s awol ? on 09:46 - Jan 31 by Blue_Castello

So there you go of those 5 players surely the only one coming into the so called "bad egg" category is Richards, Willock is trying but doesn't trust his hamstrings, problem is in our squad he's one of the few players who scores goals and makes assists so Marti wants him on the pitch for at least a % of the game, like you I wouldn't start him in front of Smyth but we have so few options in the squad.

Colback has been very frustrating because of his discipline and injuries, he needs a run of games, Dozzell always tried but for most of us just wasn't good enough, not a defensive or attacking midfielder just somebody who recycles the ball without looking up and trying to attack, it happened but far too infrequently.

Chair well for me he's the heartbeat of the team and if he's not there sadly we are struggling, it's a shame Willock has declined in form because when Chair went to the AfCON last time he took most of the games by the scruff of the neck and I think we won nearly every won while he was away.

It's really difficult to go through what's left of the squad and think there's anybody not pulling their weight, we have a weak squad for the Championship and we are coming up against much stronger squads nearly every week.

Agreed.. You and Ealing are spot on

The only 'bad eggs' we have left are Richards and for me a disinterested Willock.

Willock has 6 months left and may still be gone by Thursday and at least is now contributing.

Think some are overstating the effect of Richards. And there isn't much we can do about it (which is shown by not one single post so far making a practical suggestion about what can be done with him now under contract - something to be done that Richards would be willing to accept himself)

Think those trying to spin the narrative that there is more to this now than Willock and Richards need to add some detail to it or move on

The rest of the bad eggs left in summer or recently like Dozzell
Richard’s awol ? on 10:22 - Jan 31 with 2867 viewsdaveB

Richard’s awol ? on 09:31 - Jan 31 by Rangersw12

Surely it's about time Richards has been called out though

He basically been taking the piss out of the club and the fans for over a year now

he's not been called out though, people are assuming it's him.
It's unhelpful at best from Adomah, we don't seem able to get through a fortnight without some sort of self inflicted drama

It's pretty obvious this signing hasn't worked but I'm not sure the witch hunt on him which is gaining momentum is going to make any difference, he's not in the team anyway. It's like the anger at Tyler Roberts last year when we were losing every week with him not in the team, yes crap signing and not very good but him being a wally is not going to make much of a difference to us in the short term

The problems run deep at QPR, getting rid of Taylor Richards is not going to fix it
Richard’s awol ? on 10:23 - Jan 31 with 2856 viewsdaveB

Richard’s awol ? on 10:19 - Jan 31 by W7Ranger

When Chair came back from AFCON in 2022, he hadn't played a game in the tournamanet, or if he did it was very limited. We were still in and around the play offs and we had Peterboro in the FA CUP. So it was the ideal opportunity for Chair to come back in (as a first teamer) to get some minutes under his belt before we kicked back on with the league campaign. Most fans were calling for this as we wanted Chair to be match fit for the run in, so it made perfect sense to play in that cup game. And if I remember rightly he came the closest to scoring with a Free Kick that hit the bar!

It was just unfortunate/frustrating that for some reason we were just very poor that day. Hendrick came in and was awful. Can't remember which Keeper played that day as we had all those injuries. Was either Dieng (also just back from AFCON) or that as Sheff Wed keeper? So for me the Chair inclusion was absolutely the right decision for that game when you look at the biigger picture.
[Post edited 31 Jan 10:29]

He also scored a few days later in the draw with Middlesbrough
Richard’s awol ? on 10:29 - Jan 31 with 2767 viewsSmokey

Richard’s awol ? on 10:18 - Jan 31 by actonman

And here in lies the problem ! There is nobody looking to bring the club forward ! Nobody planning for the future and no structure whatsoever.
We keeping players beyond their worth as we never have anyone else lined up to replace them so we’re left with the keeping the devil you know or signing a player who took a good throw in against us 5 years ago type of signings . I know having no money doesn’t help but we should have been building something not plastering over cracks
A good fking clear out is what we need but unfortunately unless someone behind the scenes takes some responsibility and restructures the club , we will just end up in league one with another group of fking p!ss taking losers
Maybe we tried and failed ? I think with lord taylucan we where just hoping for another eze type player to make a quick Few quid to keep us afloat for a bit longer

When you say we’ve got no structure what do you mean? What do you think we are missing?

Are you just saying you want a DOF because I don’t know what else you could actually be taking about

This new CEO kid has come in and looks like from his background will have more of an influence on identifying players as a stats man in the Brighton / Brentford type model

We have Belk leading scouting department. That new bloke who came from cycling to lead the fitness and injury side of things

So we do have a structure. We also have a lot of players out of contract this summer. And if by some miracle we have a massive increase in our FFP headroom next year of about £20m

We also have now something we haven’t had for a while… a decent manager in Marti
Richard’s awol ? on 10:30 - Jan 31 with 2761 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Richard’s awol ? on 10:21 - Jan 31 by robith

Do you remember when school kids discovered they could skip class if they pour lemon juice on a LFT to get a positive test?

You must be kidding. How was this not common knowledge?
Richard’s awol ? on 10:35 - Jan 31 with 2695 viewsBucksRanger

LFT? Liver Function Test? Liver in a lemon sauce. What are you guys talking about?
Richard’s awol ? on 10:36 - Jan 31 with 2689 viewsBAWHoops

Richard’s awol ? on 10:29 - Jan 31 by Smokey

When you say we’ve got no structure what do you mean? What do you think we are missing?

Are you just saying you want a DOF because I don’t know what else you could actually be taking about

This new CEO kid has come in and looks like from his background will have more of an influence on identifying players as a stats man in the Brighton / Brentford type model

We have Belk leading scouting department. That new bloke who came from cycling to lead the fitness and injury side of things

So we do have a structure. We also have a lot of players out of contract this summer. And if by some miracle we have a massive increase in our FFP headroom next year of about £20m

We also have now something we haven’t had for a while… a decent manager in Marti

Structure is having a clear through line of who is in charge.

Players answer to the manager who answers to the DOF who answers to the CEO who answers to the chairman.

We had a situation for years where that simply wasn't the case. Players signed without approval from DOF and sanctioned directly by manager or Chairman.
Loan deals done that mean a player has to play or there's a financial penalty.
5 subs named instead of 7 (so you can give some kids match day experience) to prove a point.

People like Chair, Willock, Dunne, Kelman have been around the place and seen all this for years. They aren't in an environment that works and demands professionalism.

It's why Man U sign players and they immediately turn to sh1t. They enter an environment that's a mess so they don;t produce their best work.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Login to get fewer ads

Richard’s awol ? on 10:36 - Jan 31 with 2678 viewsHunterhoop

Richard’s awol ? on 10:19 - Jan 31 by W7Ranger

When Chair came back from AFCON in 2022, he hadn't played a game in the tournamanet, or if he did it was very limited. We were still in and around the play offs and we had Peterboro in the FA CUP. So it was the ideal opportunity for Chair to come back in (as a first teamer) to get some minutes under his belt before we kicked back on with the league campaign. Most fans were calling for this as we wanted Chair to be match fit for the run in, so it made perfect sense to play in that cup game. And if I remember rightly he came the closest to scoring with a Free Kick that hit the bar!

It was just unfortunate/frustrating that for some reason we were just very poor that day. Hendrick came in and was awful. Can't remember which Keeper played that day as we had all those injuries. Was either Dieng (also just back from AFCON) or that as Sheff Wed keeper? So for me the Chair inclusion was absolutely the right decision for that game when you look at the biigger picture.
[Post edited 31 Jan 10:29]

I’m not saying it was wrong to pick him, just that I think it may have had an impact on the culture.

The team were 2nd (had been top momentarily) at the end of that Jan, having won 5/6 in Jan without Chair. He came back, went straight into the side and never out of it again. Results worsened. Clearly that is correlation not causation, but there is a reason the phrase “don’t change a winning team”; it’s to do with culture and meritocracy. I’m not suggesting it was the reason for a culture shift, but I do think it might be a reason, one of many, as I alluded to.
Richard’s awol ? on 10:37 - Jan 31 with 2650 viewsHunterhoop

Richard’s awol ? on 10:05 - Jan 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

What was the Gray incident? I don’t remember this.

Will PM you.
Richard’s awol ? on 10:41 - Jan 31 with 2613 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Richard’s awol ? on 10:35 - Jan 31 by BucksRanger

LFT? Liver Function Test? Liver in a lemon sauce. What are you guys talking about?

Lateral Flow Test
Richard’s awol ? on 10:44 - Jan 31 with 2598 viewsW7Ranger

Richard’s awol ? on 10:36 - Jan 31 by Hunterhoop

I’m not saying it was wrong to pick him, just that I think it may have had an impact on the culture.

The team were 2nd (had been top momentarily) at the end of that Jan, having won 5/6 in Jan without Chair. He came back, went straight into the side and never out of it again. Results worsened. Clearly that is correlation not causation, but there is a reason the phrase “don’t change a winning team”; it’s to do with culture and meritocracy. I’m not suggesting it was the reason for a culture shift, but I do think it might be a reason, one of many, as I alluded to.

It was obvious Chair was going to come back as he was one of the first on the team sheet leading up to the AFCON as him and Willock (with Wallace) were destroying teams down the left hand side. I also think WIllock was rested for that game as he'd played pretty every minute for the 5-6 games you mentioned.

I do get the phrase about not changing a winnig team, but in this instance I still think it was the right thing to do for this particular for both Willock and Chair's respective fitness levels.
Richard’s awol ? on 10:46 - Jan 31 with 2581 viewsSmokey

Richard’s awol ? on 10:36 - Jan 31 by BAWHoops

Players answer to the manager who answers to the DOF who answers to the CEO who answers to the chairman.

We had a situation for years where that simply wasn't the case. Players signed without approval from DOF and sanctioned directly by manager or Chairman.
5 subs named instead of 7 (so you can give some kids match day experience) to prove a point.

People like Chair, Willock, Dunne, Kelman have been around the place and seen all this for years. They aren't in an environment that works and demands professionalism.

It's why Man U sign players and they immediately turn to sh1t. They enter an environment that's a mess so they don;t produce their best work.

Your talking about the past. The Ferdinand era. And it seems you are talking only about signings? Or is there anymore to what you are saying. If so can you give specifics examples?

We have made one signing so far under the new era. Seems a pretty shrewd one

Any issues with the club structure in the signing of Frey?
Richard’s awol ? on 10:48 - Jan 31 with 2561 viewsHunterhoop

Richard’s awol ? on 10:44 - Jan 31 by W7Ranger

It was obvious Chair was going to come back as he was one of the first on the team sheet leading up to the AFCON as him and Willock (with Wallace) were destroying teams down the left hand side. I also think WIllock was rested for that game as he'd played pretty every minute for the 5-6 games you mentioned.

I do get the phrase about not changing a winnig team, but in this instance I still think it was the right thing to do for this particular for both Willock and Chair's respective fitness levels.

I agree. It made sense at the time. I just think it might not have gone down well in the squad. That’s all I’m suggesting. Just like Hendricks inclusion at the expense of Ball, and Gray’s lack of punishment and retention by Warburton. Perhaps the squad were all fine with it though.
Richard’s awol ? on 10:50 - Jan 31 with 2532 viewsdaveB

Richard’s awol ? on 10:48 - Jan 31 by Hunterhoop

I agree. It made sense at the time. I just think it might not have gone down well in the squad. That’s all I’m suggesting. Just like Hendricks inclusion at the expense of Ball, and Gray’s lack of punishment and retention by Warburton. Perhaps the squad were all fine with it though.

When the team were winning these things can be brushed under the carpet but once you lose a few these little things escalate and it becomes quite toxic very quickly
Richard’s awol ? on 10:51 - Jan 31 with 2528 viewsHunterhoop

Richard’s awol ? on 10:36 - Jan 31 by BAWHoops

And when the chips were down on multiple occasions, the Board backed the manager over the DOF, thus undermining the structure, long term culture, and strategy for a short term fix. It happened with Warburton, Beale, and Ainsworth at various points. We now have no DOF and a kid as CEO and DOF. The old CEO as Chairman on his way out, back home.

We’re all just praying that this Manager, who will get his own way, will actually be a great manager and think about the long term.
Richard’s awol ? on 10:59 - Jan 31 with 2451 viewsRangersw12

Richard’s awol ? on 10:22 - Jan 31 by daveB

he's not been called out though, people are assuming it's him.
It's unhelpful at best from Adomah, we don't seem able to get through a fortnight without some sort of self inflicted drama

It's pretty obvious this signing hasn't worked but I'm not sure the witch hunt on him which is gaining momentum is going to make any difference, he's not in the team anyway. It's like the anger at Tyler Roberts last year when we were losing every week with him not in the team, yes crap signing and not very good but him being a wally is not going to make much of a difference to us in the short term

The problems run deep at QPR, getting rid of Taylor Richards is not going to fix it

It's pretty obvious he's referring to Richards though .

Not saying it will fix the issues but I'm sick and tired of this club and the constant bollocks surrounding it yet as a fan base we do nothing . The players get away with piss poor performances week after week and get clapped off when they treat us with contempt.

The club aswell as the fans have no standards nowadays.
[Post edited 31 Jan 11:00]
Richard’s awol ? on 11:06 - Jan 31 with 2384 viewsJuzzie

Can anyone remember the last time the club was relatively stable? It was probably the last millenium!
Richard’s awol ? on 11:12 - Jan 31 with 2317 viewsHunterhoop

Richard’s awol ? on 10:50 - Jan 31 by daveB

When the team were winning these things can be brushed under the carpet but once you lose a few these little things escalate and it becomes quite toxic very quickly

Indeed. Except these things happened and we started losing pretty quickly (immediately in the case of 2 of them, and after about a month in the case of Gray).
Richard’s awol ? on 11:12 - Jan 31 with 2317 viewsdaveB

Richard’s awol ? on 10:59 - Jan 31 by Rangersw12

Not saying it will fix the issues but I'm sick and tired of this club and the constant bollocks surrounding it yet as a fan base we do nothing . The players get away with piss poor performances week after week and get clapped off when they treat us with contempt.

Lets hope that's who he is referring to, all a bit needless imo
Richard’s awol ? on 11:21 - Jan 31 with 2222 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Richard’s awol ? on 10:59 - Jan 31 by Rangersw12

What have you done mate?
Richard’s awol ? on 11:33 - Jan 31 with 2124 viewsdaveB

Richard’s awol ? on 11:12 - Jan 31 by Hunterhoop

Indeed. Except these things happened and we started losing pretty quickly (immediately in the case of 2 of them, and after about a month in the case of Gray).

not sure what the Gray thing is but you can go back further it's always been a bit one rule for one. There was that whole not playing if your contract is running down for Manning but was OK for Lumley and Bright as they said they might sign, it contributes to divisions in the camp. Austin going into one in the cup game was probably the first sign all was not well and nothing done about it but we then beat West Brom a week later and everything good again

For me the problems were all there and once we lost a few games it all came to the surface and place fell apart
Richard’s awol ? on 11:44 - Jan 31 with 2038 viewsRangersw12

Richard’s awol ? on 11:21 - Jan 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

What have you done mate?

Not a lot but I certainly haven't stood there like a mug at games and clapped these set of players off the pitch when they've played poorly that's for sure.

I've asked questions of the club via email and put in questions at fans forums asking for some answers on things etc

As a fanbase all we can do is show displeasure when they treat us with contempt and maybe if a few more people did that then maybe they would realise their performances won't be tolerated

I await with bated breath your witty response 🙄
[Post edited 31 Jan 11:45]
Richard’s awol ? on 11:54 - Jan 31 with 1956 viewsnumptydumpty

Richard’s awol ? on 11:44 - Jan 31 by Rangersw12

Not a lot but I certainly haven't stood there like a mug at games and clapped these set of players off the pitch when they've played poorly that's for sure.

I've asked questions of the club via email and put in questions at fans forums asking for some answers on things etc

As a fanbase all we can do is show displeasure when they treat us with contempt and maybe if a few more people did that then maybe they would realise their performances won't be tolerated

I await with bated breath your witty response 🙄
[Post edited 31 Jan 11:45]

Crikey.

This thread just read it all the way through.

Gets my vote for most depressing ever thread in the History of LoftForWords.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Richard’s awol ? on 12:00 - Jan 31 with 1916 viewsactonman

Richard’s awol ? on 10:29 - Jan 31 by Smokey

Hopefully you’re right and things are starting to change but it’s only just happening and won’t happen overnight .
Les was dof but let’s not try and imagine he had a scouting network globally and was eying up the next messi playing u11 football in some unknown town somewhere , as said , if you knew someone who played golf with someone’s best mates brother , you had a chance of getting signed , bonus points if you had a good game against us previously.

Start of this season , our players were turning up at training etc and the only senior member of staff was probably Gareth in a leather jacket , jeans and cowboy boots (not digging out GA btw )
Half the team probably sniggering like kids and the rest trying to show some respect but most not giving a flying sh!r
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024