Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR in the 1950s 08:10 - Feb 28 with 4107 viewsTGRRRSSS

Was reading a book about 1950s recently got me thinking not much about football then beyond Munich and the odd player.

I wondered about QPR then, anyone from the era got memories etc.

So long ago but I think are most capped player was from 50s
QPR in the 1950s on 13:48 - Feb 29 with 766 viewsTheChef

QPR in the 1950s on 14:35 - Feb 28 by colinallcars

As a kid I remember a Three Card Monte player conning people outside White City station.
Percy Dalton's peanuts and Bovril on sale at the ground.
SA rd terrace open to the elements. Two stairways leading to ground level from the top of the terraces. Many chose to negotiate the muddy slope instead. I heard one chap was killed trying that.

Killed?

What was at the bottom of the slope??

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

QPR in the 1950s on 14:19 - Feb 29 with 742 viewsPindarus

First visit was 59. No idea who against or the score. All I remember was our centre forward was George Whitelaw who was a real thug. Anyone remember him?
QPR in the 1950s on 14:24 - Feb 29 with 733 viewsstainrods_elbow

QPR in the 1950s on 14:19 - Feb 29 by Pindarus

First visit was 59. No idea who against or the score. All I remember was our centre forward was George Whitelaw who was a real thug. Anyone remember him?

https://www.indyrs.co.uk/2009/11/george-whitelaw-qpr-centre-forward-1959raging-b

Nice piece on Whitelaw on Indy Rs. Was purchased with a £2,000 'loan' from the Supporters Club, as 'the club is not in a position to spend unwisely' (plus ca change etc.) and seems to have been instrumental in saving us from demotion to Div 4.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

QPR in the 1950s on 15:49 - Feb 29 with 657 viewscolinallcars

Yes….some fans called him “Gun Law” instead of Whitelaw, after the TV western series.
QPR in the 1950s on 15:59 - Feb 29 with 601 viewscyprusmel

I remember George Whitelaw a big bruising number nine, rumour was he always carried a bible with him.
I was in Paington on holiday one summer and my dad took me to see him playing for Halifax at Torquay.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024