Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fixture pile up 08:34 - Mar 23 with 2312 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68630567

And we struggle with 3 games in a week every couple of months!
Fixture pile up on 08:54 - Mar 23 with 2212 viewsfrancisbowles

Ludicrous. If the authorities don't extend the season and serious injuries occur due to this schedule, there could be legal cases.
If this goes badly and they get lots of injured players, they could have to cancel games through lack of numbers or players will have pressure on them to play when less than fit to do so.
Fixture pile up on 09:16 - Mar 23 with 2143 viewsnumptydumpty

Fixture pile up on 08:54 - Mar 23 by francisbowles

Ludicrous. If the authorities don't extend the season and serious injuries occur due to this schedule, there could be legal cases.
If this goes badly and they get lots of injured players, they could have to cancel games through lack of numbers or players will have pressure on them to play when less than fit to do so.

Basically also these lads in this team will more than likely :

Have full time jobs, just get an allowance paid at this level.

Perhaps have families of their own also.

Have to travel fair distances also for many away games.

13 games in 28 days is madness

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Fixture pile up on 09:38 - Mar 23 with 2084 viewsSK_hoops

Imagine the furore if this was in the PL.
Fixture pile up on 10:12 - Mar 23 with 2002 viewsterryb

Fixture pile up on 09:16 - Mar 23 by numptydumpty

Basically also these lads in this team will more than likely :

Have full time jobs, just get an allowance paid at this level.

Perhaps have families of their own also.

Have to travel fair distances also for many away games.

13 games in 28 days is madness

Just get an allowance to play at this level? It's more likely to be a minimum of £200 per game/week nett of PAYE & NIC. Some clubs at this level are fully professional.

I do have some sympathy with Truro as they have taken action in trying to find other grounds to play their "home" games, although they left it too late on giving up playing at Plymouth Parkway. hankfully, they will be playing back in Truro next season.

One level lower, Plymouth Parkway have 15 games to play between now & April 27th due to their ground being continually waterlogged. However, they have made no attempt to find other grounds to play on & the latest postponement was on Tuesday.

My biggest concern with this is for the clubs that have made three attempts to fulfil the fixture in Plymouth & have incurred costs! It would have been cheaper for both clubs to have played the match on Plymouth's opponents ground.

The fixture pile up is of their own making.
Fixture pile up on 11:36 - Mar 23 with 1842 viewsstevec

Fixture pile up on 10:12 - Mar 23 by terryb

Just get an allowance to play at this level? It's more likely to be a minimum of £200 per game/week nett of PAYE & NIC. Some clubs at this level are fully professional.

I do have some sympathy with Truro as they have taken action in trying to find other grounds to play their "home" games, although they left it too late on giving up playing at Plymouth Parkway. hankfully, they will be playing back in Truro next season.

One level lower, Plymouth Parkway have 15 games to play between now & April 27th due to their ground being continually waterlogged. However, they have made no attempt to find other grounds to play on & the latest postponement was on Tuesday.

My biggest concern with this is for the clubs that have made three attempts to fulfil the fixture in Plymouth & have incurred costs! It would have been cheaper for both clubs to have played the match on Plymouth's opponents ground.

Agree. In the last six months they’ve played between 2 and 4 games a month, you’d think they’d have seen this building into a problem before the last month of their season.

Also, after 75/76, I never want to see the advantage a team gets from a granted extended season.
Fixture pile up on 14:25 - Mar 23 with 1628 viewsslmrstid

Fixture pile up on 11:36 - Mar 23 by stevec

Agree. In the last six months they’ve played between 2 and 4 games a month, you’d think they’d have seen this building into a problem before the last month of their season.

Also, after 75/76, I never want to see the advantage a team gets from a granted extended season.

Seen this morning that Plymouth Parkway played a match at Home Park last night. Wonder if Argyle let them do it for free!
Fixture pile up on 15:44 - Mar 23 with 1528 viewsterryb

Fixture pile up on 14:25 - Mar 23 by slmrstid

Seen this morning that Plymouth Parkway played a match at Home Park last night. Wonder if Argyle let them do it for free!

It was on Thursday night & had a crowd of over 1,000.

Rather different to the 300 they normally attract!
Fixture pile up on 16:12 - Mar 23 with 1489 viewsslmrstid

Fixture pile up on 15:44 - Mar 23 by terryb

It was on Thursday night & had a crowd of over 1,000.

Rather different to the 300 they normally attract!

Ah sorry, read it this morning so assumed it was last night!
Login to get fewer ads

Fixture pile up on 16:28 - Mar 23 with 1465 viewsterryb

Fixture pile up on 16:12 - Mar 23 by slmrstid

Ah sorry, read it this morning so assumed it was last night!

I hadn't included it when I said that they had 15 games left! And I had no idea it was played at Home Park. So just the 13 games for them between tomorrow & April 27th!

Thank you for the information. There not doing well today at Bracknell though.
Fixture pile up on 18:53 - Mar 23 with 1338 viewsnumptydumpty

Fixture pile up on 10:12 - Mar 23 by terryb

It's level six in football

As said they get an allowance paid which you have confirmed.

Making the point they would not be totally reliant on their income from football.

And as its Truro could be massive amounts of travelling.

Hardly the players fault if clubs grounds not 100 %.

Think you are missing the point made !!

Fixture pile up on 15:28 - Mar 24 with 875 viewsterryb

Fixture pile up on 18:53 - Mar 23 by numptydumpty

It's level six in football

As said they get an allowance paid which you have confirmed.

Making the point they would not be totally reliant on their income from football.

And as its Truro could be massive amounts of travelling.

Hardly the players fault if clubs grounds not 100 %.

Think you are missing the point made !!

And I think you are missing the point that receiving a wage (which they do) is not an allowance! If it was an allowance it may not be applicable for PAYE & NIC. Which it is! After all, if you have a second income form working in a pub, it is a second wage & not an allowance! At this level they are part time professionals.

I was not blaming the players, but it is also not the fault of the leagues, or other clubs, that Truro, Taunton & Plymouth Parkway have so many games to play before the final day of their leagues. The pile up is due to these clubs not taking any action to fulfil the fixtures at an earlier stage!

Truro will have a lot more travelling next season when they are playing back in Truro, probably in the National League South, but it would still be excessive in the Southern League South Premier. This is something the players accept when they sign registration forms for the clubs & negoiate their wage agreement.

Playing at level seven (possibly eight), let alone six, is seriously time consuming, but it is offset with financial rewards.
[Post edited 24 Mar 15:51]
Fixture pile up on 20:49 - Mar 24 with 721 viewsnumptydumpty

Fixture pile up on 15:28 - Mar 24 by terryb

And I think you are missing the point that receiving a wage (which they do) is not an allowance! If it was an allowance it may not be applicable for PAYE & NIC. Which it is! After all, if you have a second income form working in a pub, it is a second wage & not an allowance! At this level they are part time professionals.

I was not blaming the players, but it is also not the fault of the leagues, or other clubs, that Truro, Taunton & Plymouth Parkway have so many games to play before the final day of their leagues. The pile up is due to these clubs not taking any action to fulfil the fixtures at an earlier stage!

Truro will have a lot more travelling next season when they are playing back in Truro, probably in the National League South, but it would still be excessive in the Southern League South Premier. This is something the players accept when they sign registration forms for the clubs & negoiate their wage agreement.

Playing at level seven (possibly eight), let alone six, is seriously time consuming, but it is offset with financial rewards.
[Post edited 24 Mar 15:51]

Crikey

Nit picking

An allowance not meant literally. Ie a small income !!!

If they getting around £800 per month and then having to effectively just work that job for the three weeks they playing 13 games - hardly the high life...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024