Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chair 09:30 - Apr 11 with 6205 viewsDorse

Obviously, this is an opinion thread, so it will solve nothing but I think we should try to flog Illy in the Summer (subject to him not doing a 10 stretch in the Belgian Scrubs). My reasoning is as follows:

Firstly, If we're ever going to get a reasonable fee for him, it needs to be sooner rather than later. He's as fit as a fiddle, no AFCON next season, his stats are right up there: it's about as attractive a proposition as he's going to get and, if we wait, we'll lose the opportunity. Imagine we waited another year for the Eze sale - it'd be the BOS situation again.

Secondly, and on a purely personal level, he's becoming increasingly predictable: get ball, dribble to edge of box, ignore overlapping runner, cut in on the right foot, edge of box, shoot on angle, rinse, repeat up to 20 times per match. If I can see it, then of course our oppo has prepped for it. We either adapt or die.

Finally, the team dynamic. I don't know professional football coaching from a hole in the ground but having a 'write the theme tune, sing the theme tune' player in the team is predicated on that player producing an end product. We call Dykes, Frey et al names because they don't score a lot. If Illy used the overlap more often, or even just crossed more regularly, our limited strikers might stand more of a chance. They might still be shite, but at least they can prove it on their own terms.

I'd sell. Would you?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Chair on 20:50 - Apr 11 with 1143 viewsWestonsuperR

The decision to sell always depends on for how much, any player should be sold if the price is right. With Chair I’d take anything over 7M.

If I discuss QPR with any other Championship fan Chair is almost always mentioned and is really highly rated, definitely a talent not sure he is always the best decision maker.
[Post edited 11 Apr 20:52]
Chair on 21:20 - Apr 11 with 1039 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Has anyone else noticed that the more the team has improved under Marti, the less influential Chair and Willock have become?
The team balance is much better, hence we no longer need them to carry everyone else.
Chair on 21:48 - Apr 11 with 970 viewsGroveR

Chair on 21:20 - Apr 11 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Has anyone else noticed that the more the team has improved under Marti, the less influential Chair and Willock have become?
The team balance is much better, hence we no longer need them to carry everyone else.

The way I distinguish between a Premier League player and a Championship player is usually how many touches it takes to move the ball from facing away from our goal to facing their goal, then what they do with it.

Chair is the only player at QPR with a Premier league touch. His decision making is why he's not playing there.
Chair on 22:17 - Apr 11 with 898 viewsE17hoop

Chair on 21:48 - Apr 11 by GroveR

The way I distinguish between a Premier League player and a Championship player is usually how many touches it takes to move the ball from facing away from our goal to facing their goal, then what they do with it.

Chair is the only player at QPR with a Premier league touch. His decision making is why he's not playing there.

Reminds me of Langley a bit insofar is probably thinking ahead of his team mates and they're not good enough to catch up.

He takes everything personally which is why he wants to everything and often fails.

If we want to maintain a model where we buy cheap and sell high, he has to be in the shop window.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Chair on 22:39 - Apr 11 with 830 viewsmart_Goblin

Chair on 21:48 - Apr 11 by GroveR

Final paragraph is spot on.

Have a huge fondness for Illy which I don’t for most of the rest, but his decision making is very poor a lot of the time. He infuriates us because we know he can be brilliant.
Even in the darkest of Ainsworth days he never hid , battled and scrapped and showed and tried to make something happen when no one else was even close to being capable.
If anything another flaw is he tries too hard at times instead of just keeping the ball.

I still think that at times he looks up to cross and sees nothing . Armstrong and especially Dykes hiding behind defenders with no attempt to get across defenders, so decides against crossing .
He is guilty of holding on to the ball way too long at times too.

If we got a decent offer then we have to accept but it’s utterly irrelevant as no one will offer f*ck all until his legal case is sorted .
Chair on 22:46 - Apr 11 with 818 viewsParkRoyalR

Sorry to disagree but he very rarely looks up until he's had 3 or 4 touches, forget Dykes or Armstrong, seasoned forwards like Austin & Gray used to be doing their pieces waiting for an early pass or cross from Chair. Austin for all his faults is a superb box finisher and I recall maybe 2 good crosses from Chair in all their time playing together.

Its why we've not had a decent offer in what 4 or 5 seasons? 40 odd other clubs who have a budget to buy hav'nt done so, and there's a reason for that. Great lad but similar to Luke Freeman just cannot play an early pass.
Chair on 22:54 - Apr 11 with 801 viewsmart_Goblin

Chair on 22:46 - Apr 11 by ParkRoyalR

Sorry to disagree but he very rarely looks up until he's had 3 or 4 touches, forget Dykes or Armstrong, seasoned forwards like Austin & Gray used to be doing their pieces waiting for an early pass or cross from Chair. Austin for all his faults is a superb box finisher and I recall maybe 2 good crosses from Chair in all their time playing together.

Its why we've not had a decent offer in what 4 or 5 seasons? 40 odd other clubs who have a budget to buy hav'nt done so, and there's a reason for that. Great lad but similar to Luke Freeman just cannot play an early pass.

No you disagree away.
I expected nothing less as soon as I dared mention Lyndon.

But you do have a point and I mentioned at least twice what his big flaws are.
I just said at times …or were assists like Swansea at home a figment of my imagination?

Where I would agree is that they are no where near enough for someone of his ability and he very much does play with his head down much to everyone’s frustration.

Despite all that he is still the best attacking player we have by a country mile, which doesn’t say much for the rest
Chair on 23:42 - Apr 11 with 724 viewsParkRoyalR

Chair on 22:54 - Apr 11 by mart_Goblin

No you disagree away.
I expected nothing less as soon as I dared mention Lyndon.

But you do have a point and I mentioned at least twice what his big flaws are.
I just said at times …or were assists like Swansea at home a figment of my imagination?

Where I would agree is that they are no where near enough for someone of his ability and he very much does play with his head down much to everyone’s frustration.

Despite all that he is still the best attacking player we have by a country mile, which doesn’t say much for the rest

Mart, trust me I'm all for fair analysis / commentary but the reverence for Chair on this forum (and Austin before him) and the abuse the likes of Dykes and Dunne cop is worth arguing and stating the facts. I said we'd be a much better team for starting Dykes on Tuesday and not sure anyone would now argue otherwise, especially after seeing Frey & Armstrong's last run-outs.

I also previously posted Chairs assist at Swansea at home was down to Chair having run himself into the ground and he was so exhausted in those last few minutes he just slung a decent ball in which was turned into a superb goal by man Lyndon being on his toes and anticipating Chair was too tired to do his usual in out in out hokey kokey routine and might just might throw it in the box first time.

I'd argue a fully fit Chris Willock is levels above Chair due to having end product. Love Chair but testament to the very poor coaching at our club the fundamental flaw in his game of receiving the ball with his head down has never been addressed.
Login to get fewer ads

Chair on 09:01 - Apr 12 with 550 viewsmart_Goblin

Chair on 23:42 - Apr 11 by ParkRoyalR

Mart, trust me I'm all for fair analysis / commentary but the reverence for Chair on this forum (and Austin before him) and the abuse the likes of Dykes and Dunne cop is worth arguing and stating the facts. I said we'd be a much better team for starting Dykes on Tuesday and not sure anyone would now argue otherwise, especially after seeing Frey & Armstrong's last run-outs.

I also previously posted Chairs assist at Swansea at home was down to Chair having run himself into the ground and he was so exhausted in those last few minutes he just slung a decent ball in which was turned into a superb goal by man Lyndon being on his toes and anticipating Chair was too tired to do his usual in out in out hokey kokey routine and might just might throw it in the box first time.

I'd argue a fully fit Chris Willock is levels above Chair due to having end product. Love Chair but testament to the very poor coaching at our club the fundamental flaw in his game of receiving the ball with his head down has never been addressed.

A lot of valid points . Dont agree with them all but thats life.

What I would vehemently disagree with you is that for the most part players don’t get abused on these pages (one or two exceptions of course) . They get criticised and rightly so. It’s part of their job if they are not doing said job properly .
And that’s the bit, in my opinion that you don’t like so you call it abuse . I have been heavily critical of both players you have mentioned in the past but I’ve also been highly complimentary of both too. That is our right as fans . No one should get abuse.

But I think you are critical of fans being critical of Lyndon when you are simply ignoring the facts .
We can look slightly better with him playing , that’s a fair assessment I think .

But his main job, his main reason of being on the pitch is to score and he didn’t …..again.
Not just his fault of course, but he does so much wrong in getting himself into goal scoring positions it’s almost amateurish.
99.9% of the fans criticism of Dykes is no different to yours of Frey who you appear to have written off after 1 bad game against Birmingham.
You might be right about Frey and you are entitled to that view, but you have to accept other people’s view of Lyndon too of which it would seem you are in the vast minority.
To think in that case that you are right and almost everybody else is just ‘not watching properly’ is slightly arrogant don’t you think ?
Chair on 09:03 - Apr 12 with 543 viewsmart_Goblin

Apologies all .

This thread was supposed to be about Chair
Chair on 09:04 - Apr 12 with 541 viewsNorthernr

Chair on 09:01 - Apr 12 by mart_Goblin

A lot of valid points . Dont agree with them all but thats life.

What I would vehemently disagree with you is that for the most part players don’t get abused on these pages (one or two exceptions of course) . They get criticised and rightly so. It’s part of their job if they are not doing said job properly .
And that’s the bit, in my opinion that you don’t like so you call it abuse . I have been heavily critical of both players you have mentioned in the past but I’ve also been highly complimentary of both too. That is our right as fans . No one should get abuse.

But I think you are critical of fans being critical of Lyndon when you are simply ignoring the facts .
We can look slightly better with him playing , that’s a fair assessment I think .

But his main job, his main reason of being on the pitch is to score and he didn’t …..again.
Not just his fault of course, but he does so much wrong in getting himself into goal scoring positions it’s almost amateurish.
99.9% of the fans criticism of Dykes is no different to yours of Frey who you appear to have written off after 1 bad game against Birmingham.
You might be right about Frey and you are entitled to that view, but you have to accept other people’s view of Lyndon too of which it would seem you are in the vast minority.
To think in that case that you are right and almost everybody else is just ‘not watching properly’ is slightly arrogant don’t you think ?

Chair on 09:38 - Apr 12 with 464 viewsEastR

Chair on 09:04 - Apr 12 by Northernr

Well, when you put it like that - wow

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024