Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes' long awaited goal secures crucial QPR win - Report 11:25 - Apr 22 with 3765 viewsNorthernr

Dykes' long awaited goal secures crucial QPR win - Report 22nd Apr 2024 11:13
QPR moved themselves to within touching distance of Championship survival with a scrappy, hard fought, tense 1-0 home win against Preston on Saturday. 13

Dykes' long awaited goal secures crucial QPR win - Report on 12:28 - Apr 22 with 3366 viewsrobith

It's a tough gig Clive, but personally I think JCS deserved the 9 haha

I've been of the mind that he's mostly been profiting from the stability of Cook, but he was out of this world on Saturday. Stats say Dunne was the best defender, but JCS just set such a high standard in the middle that felt like it solidified and bonded the whole team. Exemplified by the step over drag back tackle in the middle of the pitch, aubergine emoji stuff.

But nitpicking - it was mostly just so nice to see us not bottle a key match for once, and even if the quality was mid the attitude wasn't. Marti is a tactical savant, but we don't praise enough the soft skills he has in getting these performances out of what was a pretty toxic squad. He is clearly a very good people manager
Dykes' long awaited goal secures crucial QPR win - Report on 12:35 - Apr 22 with 3303 viewsAndybrat

Well done Clive, I was wondering if we had enough St Johns ambulance cover for the last 5 minutes!!
Kenneth Paal just seemed nervous right from the start, maybe extra pressure of knowing your place isn’t as secure as it was, Millar was tearing him apart.
Cook and JCS have to be up there with the best centre half pairings in the league.
See you Friday, clever move with the Leeds tickets threads
Andy
Dykes' long awaited goal secures crucial QPR win - Report on 13:41 - Apr 22 with 2880 viewsOldPedro

Good report - always enjoy the Frasier references

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Dykes' long awaited goal secures crucial QPR win - Report on 13:44 - Apr 22 with 2865 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great report as ever. Thanks Clive.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dykes' long awaited goal secures crucial QPR win - Report on 14:07 - Apr 22 with 2713 viewsthehat

Thanks Clive - A spot on report.

You are so right with the intensity if we drop that we are so very easy to beat. It was there Saturday and our work without the ball was so much better even Willock tracked back a few times to make things difficult for the opposition.

For the first time in ages I think we might get something on Friday night. Leeds may well be nervy and I think we have a better chance when teams come onto us.

A massive 3 points and can you imagine what this week would of been like had we lost that one.

Cook, JCS and Dunne were all excellent again - Paal much less so and continues to be our weak link especially when teams can get him in one on one situations.
Dykes' long awaited goal secures crucial QPR win - Report on 14:58 - Apr 22 with 2488 viewscolinallcars

Thanks again Clive and good to see Dykesy back on the scoresheet.
Elegant as a gazelle and yet tough as teak.
Dykes' long awaited goal secures crucial QPR win - Report on 15:04 - Apr 22 with 2455 viewsPaddyhoops

Dykes' long awaited goal secures crucial QPR win - Report on 12:28 - Apr 22 by robith

It's a tough gig Clive, but personally I think JCS deserved the 9 haha

I've been of the mind that he's mostly been profiting from the stability of Cook, but he was out of this world on Saturday. Stats say Dunne was the best defender, but JCS just set such a high standard in the middle that felt like it solidified and bonded the whole team. Exemplified by the step over drag back tackle in the middle of the pitch, aubergine emoji stuff.

But nitpicking - it was mostly just so nice to see us not bottle a key match for once, and even if the quality was mid the attitude wasn't. Marti is a tactical savant, but we don't praise enough the soft skills he has in getting these performances out of what was a pretty toxic squad. He is clearly a very good people manager

Thought Defence was superb again apart from Ken who was poor first 20.
The big surprise with Jimmy is what he offers going forward.
He can be an absolute nuisance for defenders.
By the Law of averages , Dykes had to score at some stage and thankfully it was Saturday.
Thought he played well .
Dykes' long awaited goal secures crucial QPR win - Report on 18:45 - Apr 22 with 1807 viewsMrSheen

WINNERSH…TRIANGLE!
Login to get fewer ads

Dykes' long awaited goal secures crucial QPR win - Report on 19:27 - Apr 22 with 1674 viewsTonto

Bit harsh on Dykes with a 6 IMO. 7 seemed fairer to me. Was involved in a lot of link up play, won numerous aerial.vattles and bothered the Knob End defenders. And of course scored the goal!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Dykes' long awaited goal secures crucial QPR win - Report on 21:51 - Apr 22 with 1333 viewsSK_hoops

Dykes' long awaited goal secures crucial QPR win - Report on 14:07 - Apr 22 by thehat

Thanks Clive - A spot on report.

You are so right with the intensity if we drop that we are so very easy to beat. It was there Saturday and our work without the ball was so much better even Willock tracked back a few times to make things difficult for the opposition.

For the first time in ages I think we might get something on Friday night. Leeds may well be nervy and I think we have a better chance when teams come onto us.

A massive 3 points and can you imagine what this week would of been like had we lost that one.

Cook, JCS and Dunne were all excellent again - Paal much less so and continues to be our weak link especially when teams can get him in one on one situations.

The first game I took my wife to was QPR v Leeds 2020ish. I basically told her there was no way in hell we were going to win, but it'll be a good experience. We won 1-0. It's QPR, you never know what is going to happen ever.
Dykes' long awaited goal secures crucial QPR win - Report on 08:59 - Apr 23 with 835 viewsNorthernr

Dykes' long awaited goal secures crucial QPR win - Report on 19:27 - Apr 22 by Tonto

Bit harsh on Dykes with a 6 IMO. 7 seemed fairer to me. Was involved in a lot of link up play, won numerous aerial.vattles and bothered the Knob End defenders. And of course scored the goal!

I shall nudge JCS and Dykes upwards based on feedback.

Still think it's a bit excessive for a scrappy 1-0 win against a ropey Preston team, but after eight months of fcking ratings discussion I can't be arsd with it any more
Dykes' long awaited goal secures crucial QPR win - Report on 09:28 - Apr 23 with 766 viewsNortholt_Rs

Dykes' long awaited goal secures crucial QPR win - Report on 12:35 - Apr 22 by Andybrat

Well done Clive, I was wondering if we had enough St Johns ambulance cover for the last 5 minutes!!
Kenneth Paal just seemed nervous right from the start, maybe extra pressure of knowing your place isn’t as secure as it was, Millar was tearing him apart.
Cook and JCS have to be up there with the best centre half pairings in the league.
See you Friday, clever move with the Leeds tickets threads
Andy

Teams know Chair won’t track back so they always target Paal with two on the overlap. I see it every fkn game…

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Dykes' long awaited goal secures crucial QPR win - Report on 13:40 - Apr 23 with 609 viewswestberksr

needed that review Clive as had the bizarre sensation of being at a Butlins 80s weekender with mates, watching this on my phone whilst my Scum mate bemoaned their defeat taking place on ALL the screens in the sportsbar!

had bumped into an R whilst chatting to a Cov stag do in the bogs; bumped into R later in his 118 fancy dress and we gave a chorus of 'never felt more like singing the blues' to my scum mate, now dressed as Adam Ant.

this brief summary was the total highlights of an otherwise forgettable weekend in Bognor Regis
[Post edited 23 Apr 13:42]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024